Error closed on ADB sideload. Device not found on Fastboot. HALP!!!!!

Search This thread

NinjaKenZen

Apr 1, 2012
Alright lads, I got a major issue that is kicking my ass. I need your help please.

Basically the HTC ONE X+ keeps getting error closed in ADB sideload whenever I try to sideload a rom or do anything else for the matter.

adb usb = Error Closed
Adb push and pull = Error Closed.

I can get my device listed but thats about it.

The Issue goes further. I relocked the bootloader in order to install the RUU. Yet I get the error 131 custormer ID error.

I can't access the SD partition on the my computer screen as it doesn't show.
I can't get back to stock rom.
I can't install a new rom.
I can unlock and relock my bootloader.
I can install TWRP and CWM.
I can use fastboot usb. [Very limited]

The issue with fastboot usb is that it keeps saying error device not found and then it refuses to do anything.

I have installed and reinstalled the ADB drivers, SDK manager and htc sync manager.

The biggest issue at the moment is that I can't install any rom whatsoever.

Which basically means, its a potato.

HALLLLP. The htc one x is a international version. UK Vodafone more specifically. Hboot-1.35.0000

Oh yeah, the mount does not work in TWRP and CWM.

I tried different USB ports, cables and even a different computer.

Everything has been wiped. I factory reset it and wiped out other parts in TWRP and CWM in an effort to start from scratch.

Nothing seems to work though...

Edit: I narrowed down the issue

It seems that i can't flash boot.img when my bootloader is unlocked as:

'boot.img'...FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))

therefore I can't load roms without it crashing on me.

I can however put things into the 'sd card' by loading a broken rom [crashes to process android]. But thats about it. so far.

Oh I also updated the hboot to 1.72

Last edited:

ady2pak

May 18, 2011
Alright lads, I got a major issue that is kicking my ass. I need your help please.

Basically the HTC ONE X+ keeps getting error closed in ADB sideload whenever I try to sideload a rom or do anything else for the matter.

adb usb = Error Closed

The Issue goes further. I relocked the bootloader in order to install the RUU. Yet I get the error 131 custormer ID error.

The issue with fastboot usb is that it keeps saying error device not found and then it refuses to do anything.

I have installed and reinstalled the ADB drivers, SDK manager and htc sync manager.

HALLLLP. The htc one x is a international version. UK Vodafone more specifically. Hboot-1.35.0000

Everything has been wiped. I factory reset it and wiped out other parts in TWRP and CWM in an effort to start from scratch.

I can however put things into the 'sd card' by loading a broken rom [crashes to process android]. But thats about it. so far.

If you can push files on sd card, use the TWRP back-up from here to restore to stock.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2414238

You'll at least get it working again.

Reactions: NinjaKenZen

NinjaKenZen

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks, somehow when I updated the bootloader, the boot.img restriction got lifted after I just entered the command again when 'unknown failure' came up. I was at this point able to access the sd card under a buggy rom start-up.I used TWRP to flash a new rom.

Fixed.

imcontreras

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
Hi..

I also can't connect my device to PC :(

I need help ..

fastboot not working never

To anyone in the same situation adb sideload does not transfer the file to the sdcard permanently. To sideload correctly, you need to pick that option from the recovery first and then when the phone is waiting for the sideload type:

adb sideload <PACKAGE>

after some hours of research mine worked (TWRP v2.7.0.1)

roshak

Dec 31, 2007
To anyone in the same situation adb sideload does not transfer the file to the sdcard permanently. To sideload correctly, you need to pick that option from the recovery first and then when the phone is waiting for the sideload type:

adb sideload <PACKAGE>

I am in the same situation and my phone in TWRP is waiting for Sideload...
but adb gives error: closed

roshak

Dec 31, 2007
Can you see your phone connected?

adb devices

Or

adb usb

If you're able then in sideload

Go to command prompt on your computer and type
adb sideload (and the file you want to upload)

adb sideload file.zip

So now! I could get my devices connected and listed with updating the drivers (Win 8.1) ...
Then I could push the SuperSU.zip and install it... Is there any way to check if it's ready for flashing a ROM?

Last edited:
Reactions: dinamo1975

imcontreras

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
So now! I could get my devices connected and listed with updating the drivers (Win 8.1) ...
Then I could push the SuperSU.zip and install it... Is there any way to check if it's ready for flashing a ROM?

Im not sure if this will answer your question:
When you upload your rom using sideload will automatically flash it to your device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi..

I also can't connect my device to PC :(

I need help ..

fastboot not working never

adb sideload <PACKAGE>

adb usb = Error Closed

If you can push files on sd card, use the TWRP back-up from here to restore to stock.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2414238

You'll at least get it working again.
    Can you see your phone connected?

adb devices

Or

adb usb

If you're able then in sideload

Go to command prompt on your computer and type
    adb sideload (and the file you want to upload)

adb sideload file.zip