Search This thread

dandeli21

Oct 22, 2011
aguascalientes
Well, as i need to "repair" my sm-p600 note 10.1 2014 edition, and there isn´t any tear dow manual or tutorial, so i start by my self, i have a little experience disassembling gadgets and assembling again (lucky me, when i was a kid i cant put together many devices haha) well the main duty is know if the screen comes glued to the lcd, hoping they comes just atached by 3m tape or something "easy" to remove, and replace just the glass

By now you can buy the digitizer glass cover alone(i haven´t bought it, since i dont know if i need the whole front panel)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-Scree...ablet_eReader_Accessories&hash=item19e72eed16

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-Scree...105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4618b717e1

or alibaba ($40 usd+20 ems shipping service)

well, hope this help somebody. ill be updating the thread as any news come out (i need to add text, ill do it tomorrow)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Andmoreagain

Dec 19, 2013
Haha this is exactly what I would've done in this kind of situation - just tear the damn thing apart and repair whatever it is that's broken. Well, except that I usually have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to repairing computer-related stuff. It always seems to work out in the end though.

Anyway, good luck with your repair project. Always nice to have some reference in case of a broken screen. ;)

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Very Nice. Im trying to find a broken one to buy somewhere

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
Nice the glass on mine is busted, previous owner dropped it. I would of figured ifixit would of had something on this tab by now, but I see it's close to the 10.1 2012 model. This has been a big help!

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Nice. Is it still the same after you put it back together. Once my stylus becomes lose I'm probably going to open her up to fix it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

dandeli21

Oct 22, 2011
aguascalientes
Anyone know yet of the screen comes glued to the LCD?
Soon
i dont think the screen is glued to the lcd because when i put pressure on the glass it does push in u can see it move. the glass seems really weak.
Well the flex conectors are arrayed too far one from the other, so if it comes glued they dont use logic, but who knows, this sunday ill buy some auto agdhesive plastic to retain the glass in "one" part, then heat it and remove it. if you can wait, ill confirm glued or not.
Nice. Is it still the same after you put it back together. Once my stylus becomes lose I'm probably going to open her up to fix it.

I havent put it togueter, i havent ask for the part, i found a better seller, he ships trought ems shipping service, $70 usd shipping included 4-5 days

Pedro2NR

Sep 14, 2007
Los Angeles
Good to know. I am knew to this. My wife's tablet cracked. How different is this with the phones? I understand the phones use LOCA between the glass and digitizer. Is it the same case with this tablet?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
If its built like their phones then the digitizer is glued to the glass. Which is what you bought. If it helps any, I did take apart an Asus tablet and the digitizer is glued to the glass as well. But the LCD panel has a double sided foam around it which is how it was attached to the LCD/digitizer. If you don't heat the foam tape enough it's going to be a PITA it won't separate easily. But don't force it or you will crack the LCD panel. They are probably 2-3 mm thin panel. So heat it up enough to allow it to separate on its own while you put your prying tool in between. And work your way around with little force. If you have to use more force to separate them, then it's not hot enough. Dont rush like I did and I ended up cracking the lcd panel.

dandeli21

Oct 22, 2011
aguascalientes
There are glued and attached ... Glued are kind of fused and attached stay together using a 3m double sided tape... We are here to know what is the p600 using... I'll try to heat it and separate em this Sunday ... Even iPad is attached ... The glued one is common in high end devices... Not tablets hope the same for this one

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Just curious, what kind of room, if any, is available under the back cover. It would be nice to make a wireless charging dock for this like my old touchpad had.

reath1

Feb 10, 2014
After picking up my sons Note 10.1 and noticing that it would apparently come on but had nothing on the screen I began googling. Not much info out there. Appears to be a common problem. His tablet seemed to be working fine but nothing displayed on the screen. Read several threads on here with most ending in sending the units back under warranty. Although I did purchase 3 year warranties on both units I bought...I'm just not one to do the right thing. I powered the unit down and began taking the back off like the poster did in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2617614. Once I got the back off I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. No dice. The poster then said he disconnected the two ribbons and reconnected them and that worked for him...still no worky for me. One of the ribbons is labeled "LCD". I followed it to the other end. It is covered by a silver "hold down" sticker. I unstuck the sticker and could then clearly see that the ribbon was clearly cocked very slightly in it's socket. If you don't know, these ribbon sockets come open by prying the black piece up and away from the ribbon. Be very careful doing this. I did this on this end of the LCD ribbon, straightened the ribbon and clipped the socket back closed. BAM. Black Screen Gone! Works like a charm.

If you are comfortable digging around in very small electronics give it a try. If not, send it in.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: noblejose and ch!no

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
The other thing to be weary of is make sure you dont break the tabs on the back cover. In particular the area where the spen sits. Otherwise the spen will become loose. There's a plastic C looking piece inside that hold on to the spen. This is creates that click feel (not the vibrate) when you insert the spen all the way. There's a part of that piece that lines up with the groove near the end of the spen that it latches on to sort of speak. You can bend to make it hold the pen better but if the back is loose, that clip will not sit in place and the spen will be loose no matter what.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

reath1

Feb 10, 2014
Does anyone know of a tutorial with pics on how to remove the back?

Didn't find a video. Get a very small flat blade screwdriver or one of the plastic tools that comes with a new cell phone battery. Start on either side of the charging port and slowly work your way around prying on it. It has clips and also a thin line of glue holding it on. Take your time and it will come open with ease.

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
Didn't find a video. Get a very small flat blade screwdriver or one of the plastic tools that comes with a new cell phone battery. Start on either side of the charging port and slowly work your way around prying on it. It has clips and also a thin line of glue holding it on. Take your time and it will come open with ease.

Thanks! Will give it a shot!

Gad-jet

Feb 13, 2014
label

Thinking about making a purchase to replace my cracked screen, but I am noticing that these replacements don't have the 'Samsung' logo on them. Should I continue to wait longer until digitzer screens with the 'Samsung' logo come out, or would I be safe purchasing these?

dandeli21

Oct 22, 2011
aguascalientes
And the answer comes out... It's glued in the hard way. Took me about two hours to detach the cracked screen. There is a lot of glue on the LCD that I have to remove now. Check is it is still working and ask for the replacement...

About the last message The brand logo is hidden for copyrights

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393133715527.jpg
    1393133715527.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,763

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, as i need to "repair" my sm-p600 note 10.1 2014 edition, and there isn´t any tear dow manual or tutorial, so i start by my self, i have a little experience disassembling gadgets and assembling again (lucky me, when i was a kid i cant put together many devices haha) well the main duty is know if the screen comes glued to the lcd, hoping they comes just atached by 3m tape or something "easy" to remove, and replace just the glass

By now you can buy the digitizer glass cover alone(i haven´t bought it, since i dont know if i need the whole front panel)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-Scree...ablet_eReader_Accessories&hash=item19e72eed16

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-Scree...105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4618b717e1

or alibaba ($40 usd+20 ems shipping service)

well, hope this help somebody. ill be updating the thread as any news come out (i need to add text, ill do it tomorrow)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
    After picking up my sons Note 10.1 and noticing that it would apparently come on but had nothing on the screen I began googling. Not much info out there. Appears to be a common problem. His tablet seemed to be working fine but nothing displayed on the screen. Read several threads on here with most ending in sending the units back under warranty. Although I did purchase 3 year warranties on both units I bought...I'm just not one to do the right thing. I powered the unit down and began taking the back off like the poster did in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2617614. Once I got the back off I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. No dice. The poster then said he disconnected the two ribbons and reconnected them and that worked for him...still no worky for me. One of the ribbons is labeled "LCD". I followed it to the other end. It is covered by a silver "hold down" sticker. I unstuck the sticker and could then clearly see that the ribbon was clearly cocked very slightly in it's socket. If you don't know, these ribbon sockets come open by prying the black piece up and away from the ribbon. Be very careful doing this. I did this on this end of the LCD ribbon, straightened the ribbon and clipped the socket back closed. BAM. Black Screen Gone! Works like a charm.

If you are comfortable digging around in very small electronics give it a try. If not, send it in.

Hope this helps.
    So, is there a success story here? Can I be optimistic I can do it?

Also, would it be wrong if I did not use any LOCA to glue back the glass to the lcd?

SM-P600 series cracked screen repair.

I have a badly cracked screen on my SM-P600 and have ordered the complete LCD + digitizer to do the repair - having watched how difficult is was to clean a phone with LCD glued to the screen - and it also seems that there is nobody willing to take on the job in the UK. I will try to make a video of my effort and try to post on UTube if successful. I will update accordingly.

I should also say at this point that my P600 is not assembled as the above photos show. The screen and all the internals extract from the front screen side of the unit leaving a "carapace" behind. all the other breakdowns I have seen are similar so it would seem that the above may be an early version, since changed.
    Wish me luck!

Part Deux

Bought LCD here -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD-Screen-Touch-Digitizer-Assembly-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-P600-P601-P605-/261478035281?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item3ce14e2f51

Well screen LCD + digitizer arrived today and I set about installing.

Tools used :- Old credit cards (tools had not arrived) and watchmakers cross point screwdriver. Hair-dryer. Stanley knife (Utility knife)

I decided not to video my repair as it would have taken days - being in my 70s and not too clever with the eyes, meaning I have to keep changing spectacles for everything and I have a dreadful habit of removing an item or using a tool, putting it down and spending the next few minutes looking for it - you've guessed it - changing specs!

There is a perfectly good strip down on Utube here :-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzrRu8PB2Y many thanks to Gorepair.de for the video -
    and that's the easy part.
    After removing all the gubbins you are left with the LCD + digitizer attached to a grey frame by means of thin double sided sticky tape. I heated the peripheral of the screen with the wife's hair dryer and very carefully removed the cracked screen. By doing this I was able to re-use the tape on the new screen after carefully examining it for any glass splinters etc.. I also placed greenhouse tape - thicker & wider than Sellotape - over the screen so that I was not showered with glass splinters. Another tip is a piece of sellotape over the power & volume buttons to keep them in place - they may be held in but it's belt & braces if so, no harm there.

Before replacing the screen in the frame remember to replace the HOME button as I found out the tape is indeed very sticky and it was a bugger separating screen from frame to insert the button which I had, of course, forgotten to put back in! Should have Sellotaped it in new screen immediately on removal from the damaged one! There is also a short golden coloured multi tape that needs to be fed though the frame.

Now it is just a matter of reversing the strip down procedure and Fred is your Aunt Fanny's best friend!

The unit did work afterward despite my repair. It took me about three & an half hours including changing specs and lookin for misplaced items, so I'm sure less than two hours for a good sighted person that is "compus mentis" :¬)

It is not as daunting as it may seem
    Thank You from Manila, Philippines

Hope this helps.

As much as I am dissappointed on the build quality of my Samsung 10.1 2k14 edition. I just want to thank you because you saved me heaps of trouble. I dropped mine, and then it fell flat on the floor. When I picked it up I noticed the screen flicker. I was like uh oh. So I tried turning it off then the sh*t hits the fan... It won't turn on anymore. No, it does turn on but no screen! Until I found your post. Without you kind sir I would've no idea where to start. I just unclipped the ribbon (looks really vulnerable and easy to break) then clipped it back. Then voila! I plugged the charger in then I saw the battery icon! at last the screen is back! Hopefully it lasts though. I really thought this machine was sturdier. For a moment I was ashamed because I was bragging about this machine to my sister and how it's 100x better than what she wanted me to buy (iPad Air). And I saw her iPod Touch fell down on the floor countless times. I really thought I'm going to see her finally smirk and tell me I told you get an iPad! So again Thank You! from the depths of my heart. :good::good::good:
    Here is my situation:
    My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back
    No visible marks/ scratch externally.
    The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
    i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no SCREEN after that. My device is working as I connected via USB and did a data backup, all buttons are working too.. so looks like i have to find THE RIBBON and see how it is..

Hey, sorry about the late reply. I don't really hang out often here on xda. Anyways, yep first thing you should check is the ribbon because the lock on that thing is lousy. One drop the lock will disengage and you have to open up your unit to re-engage it. The ribbon will be marked lcd. In my case the ribbon still looked like it's firmly in place. But clearly it moved a miniscule amount enough to disengage some of the pins. I gently pulled the ribbon then the lock disengaged. Feed it on again then re engage the lock turned on then voila. LCD is back working.
    (I'm not saying this is the CORRECT way to do it but it's the way I did it. You should probably return it if it's still under warranty or let the professionals do it. I just had to because here in Manila warranty isn't the same as it is in the states. How I wish I could just return any item just because I didn't like it. Doesn't work that way here.)

Good Luck on getting your device back to working condition. Don't get me wrong I LOVE this pad, I'd choose it over iPad any time of the day but damn. It's the small things that kills this device. Like that clip that locks the ribbon and the dreaded KNOX. Other than that I'm loving this gadget. Just got to remember to treat it like a real life baby. CAN'T DROP IT.:fingers-crossed: