[Q] Can't install hltexx CM rom on hltexx SM-N9005 device.

Search This thread

nexussp

Jan 23, 2014
Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hello guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device on which I installed CyanogenMOD from a tutorial I found on the Internet, but everytime I was going through my Setting > About I could see that it showed my device as an N9000 device. So now I was thinking to do a reinstall with the correct hltexx version but when I'm trying to install the cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-hltexx.zip It shows me an ERROR: 'This package is for "hltexx" devices; this is a "hlte".

What can I do to fix my phone? I have already formated everything and I'm just waiting for a solution. I searched already on google but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance, I will try to reply instantly check back if you replied. I hope I didn't broke my device.
Sorry for my English.

You need to edit your updater script.

OR

You can try one of the custom CM's we have HERE on XDA, that have all the CM features plus some extra's baked in :)

A.N.Droid

Dec 1, 2013
LeEco Le Max 2

Sorry for my English.
common problem !
extract the updater-script from the cm archive. folder = \META-INF\com\google\android
open in texteditor, remove the first line and save the file. (first line is the device check.)
repack the file to the archive.
flash and enjoy !

nexussp

Jan 23, 2014
You need to edit your updater script.

OR

You can try one of the custom CM's we have HERE on XDA, that have all the CM features plus some extra's baked in :)

Thank you! Wow, so many of them which should I try. For start I will try to edit my updater script and if it doesn't work I will try something from that huge list you gave me! Thank you again!

Thank you A.N.Droid. I can't find the updater-script in META-INF>com>google>android. The only thing I can find there is the: metadata and otacert file, maybe it's because I'm using Linux and I don't have the right Archive Manager.

Should I delete the third line in metadata?

post-build=samsung/hltetmo/hltetmo:4.3/JSS15J/N900TUVUBMI7:user/release-keys
post-timestamp=1390477424
pre-device=hltexx

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Thank you! Wow, so many of them which should I try. For start I will try to edit my updater script and if it doesn't work I will try something from that huge list you gave me! Thank you again!

Thank you A.N.Droid. I can't find the updater-script in META-INF>com>google>android. The only thing I can find there is the: metadata and otacert file, maybe it's because I'm using Linux and I don't have the right Archive Manager.

Should I delete the third line in metadata?

Remove the two xx