Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

thelostlegend

Jul 11, 2011
Bangalore
It will void the warranty and also whenever we upgrade to new android version this will again get locked, Hence I am looking for completely hassle free solution for future.. I am sure I will use this phone at least for 2 years if all goes well, hence I am looking for no software solution..

Any chance I can get rid of this?

I also heard even regional lock is unable to unlock some phones? Is it true? I am keeping it as my last resort..

what you could have done is... you could have asked your relative to insert a sim card and make some calls and txt.. in Saudi .. this removes region lock... then they should have brought it to India... you can still try that

Sent from my SM-N900

Last edited:

drfaizan

Jan 21, 2014
calling

what you could have done is... you could have asked your relative to insert a sim card and make some calls and txt.. in Saudi .. this removes region lock... then they should have brought it to India... you can still try that

Sent from my SM-N900

hey, thanks for your input.. Did you faced similar problem and got it solved? If this will solve the problem then I can temporary return the phone to Saudi Arabia to make some phone calls or can also call from here..? I already made rings to some numbers using Saudi SIM but did not picked up the call..

thelostlegend

Jul 11, 2011
Bangalore
hey, thanks for your input.. Did you faced similar problem and got it solved? If this will solve the problem then I can temporary return the phone to Saudi Arabia to make some phone calls or can also call from here..? I already made rings to some numbers using Saudi SIM but did not picked up the call..

no mine is 900 version.. so didn't face this... but I read about this somewhere.. what you need to do is.. send it back and make some calls and send txt.. using a Saudi sim.. keep the slim on for sometime.. this should remove it... had read about this when they first came across region lock when note 3 was released.. I'm not sure if it still works

drfaizan

Jan 21, 2014
n900

no mine is 900 version.. so didn't face this... but I read about this somewhere.. what you need to do is.. send it back and make some calls and send txt.. using a Saudi sim.. keep the slim on for sometime.. this should remove it... had read about this when they first came across region lock when note 3 was released.. I'm not sure if it still works

Did you purchased 900 from Saudi? If that is the case I can send this back to Saudi and will ask them to replace it with N900 if the store manager agrees for exchange..

drfaizan

Jan 21, 2014
note 3

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487998
If this helps

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

or yes you can try even that.. but there's every chance of them denying you.. but still give it a try

Sent from my SM-N900

Hey Salil and Lostlegend, thanks for your responses.. I am going through that link.. that is very much appreciated..

I am trying to find every solution including contacting the Samsung Saudi care and if I don't find a solution in 2 days then I may be left with no option other than using chainfire app.. however neither that app is guaranteed..

Can you tell me if I unroot the phone can I root it back if the Chainfire app fails to unlock?

Also to everyone if someone from Saudi managed to use their phone in India then please do respond..

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

I think someone managed to solve it.. http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-n...lock-simdisable-region-lock-on-galaxy-note-3/ someone named Denizel has commented there that Samsung service center has helped him.. I will try that before going for Chainfire solution..

drfaizan

Jan 21, 2014
Samsung is a ****

Guys the Saudi Arabia SIM trick didn't worked.. I have just inserted the Indian SIM Card and it is again asking for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN.. My perspective towards Samsung has changed now.. even Apple has never done something like this.. at least Apple was straight forward whether locked or unlocked..

Will contact Saudi Service center support tomorrow and if it dont go well then I will try the last resort Chainfire App..

V

vikas724

Guys the Saudi Arabia SIM trick didn't worked.. I have just inserted the Indian SIM Card and it is again asking for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN.. My perspective towards Samsung has changed now.. even Apple has never done something like this.. at least Apple was straight forward whether locked or unlocked..

Will contact Saudi Service center support tomorrow and if it dont go well then I will try the last resort Chainfire App..

You have two options. First get a permanent unlock code. There are many sites online selling it. I have one for my n9005 which I bought from gaffar market ( The seller gave me the unlock code).
You just have to enter it once. It costs around 1000 bucks maybe.

Second, I guess after inserting your saudi sim card install the region lock away app. And follow the instructions inside the app. After that if you will insert the indian sim card I think it will work.

drfaizan

Jan 21, 2014
Hey Vikas,

Thanks for your response.

I did placed an order for the unlocking code for $20 from a leading unlocking codes provider and this is failed. The phones from Saudi Arabia and their IMEI unlocking codes are difficult to found. I did received the money back though..

I think if the Saudi Customer support do not help me then I will be left with no option other than regional lock away app.. I think I am heading towards it with all the options disappearing one by one..

mateenf

Nov 1, 2009
Mumbai
Hey Vikas,

Thanks for your response.

I did placed an order for the unlocking code for $20 from a leading unlocking codes provider and this is failed. The phones from Saudi Arabia and their IMEI unlocking codes are difficult to found. I did received the money back though..

I think if the Saudi Customer support do not help me then I will be left with no option other than regional lock away app.. I think I am heading towards it with all the options disappearing one by one..

How much did you get ut for in Saudi? I bought my N9005 in India for 41k a two months ago. It was factory unlocked. But mine was a european model. Where are you located? If in mumbai you can head to manish market to get it unlocked. Plenty of shops there who do it for reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

anjan_oleti

Jan 22, 2014
Instructions please..

I recently purchased SM-N900 in Bangalore, India.
Here are the details:
About.png

Someone please guide me on the following..
1. Can I use Kingoapp to root the device?
2. Can I install a Kitkat custom rom without first upgrading to stock Kitkat?
3. The ROM I want to install is VN-ROM (link below).. Is it good or do you have any suggestions for me?
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2503206

Thanks!

Last edited:

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
I recently purchased SM-N900 in Bangalore, India.
Here are the details:
About.png

Someone please guide me on the following..
1. Can I use Kingoapp to root the device?
2. Can I install a Kitkat custom rom without first upgrading to stock Kitkat?
3. The ROM I want to install is VN-ROM (link below).. Is it good or do you have any suggestions for me?
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2503206

Thanks!

Do not use Kingo Or Vroot they are not good option. Try chainfire method for samsung it is always best for samsung though you will trip knox and warranty will be void. Use the file in first for your phone as it is exynos aka indian aka international variant How to root Note 3 easily

And yes you can flash Kitkat based ROM without updating to official release and the ROM you want to try is great for your purpose

Reactions: anjan_oleti

anilkumarpt12

Sep 9, 2012
bangalore
I can confirm, India got 4.4.2 update.

Updated, feel like no UI changes expect battery icon,and lock screen and music player on lock screen.

Hope it will fix battery drain issue. Anyway Thank Q Samsung :)

semantsen

Jul 22, 2012
No Indian kitkat rom in sammobile !!

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes Sammobile has not updated yet. And I was counting on it LOL:(

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Everybody who have updated via OTA make a factory reset and feel the change:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium