[MOD][XPOSED] MotoMagnetOff - Disable magnet sensor

Search This thread

dubidu

Apr 19, 2006
UK
I doubt anyone would need this, but just in case, here is a simple Xposed module to disable the screenoff when the magnet sensor detects some magnetic field around (e.g: cover)

MotoMagnetOff.png

http://tinyurl.com/qbpjv22/MotoMagnetOff.apk

dubidu

Apr 19, 2006
UK
I don't have a magnetic cover, (I wrote this for someone else) so I don't really use it.
Can you explain a little bit more what do you do when it doesn't work? Anything special?, which device/rom are you using?

tmmcbots

Sep 9, 2012
Aylmer
Thanks a million! Just received my moto g Niukin magnetic flip case today and was trying to figure this.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I have an issue .it does not always work:confused:
the way it works for me is if the cover is closed and the screen is off when I open the cover the screen Will turn on, which is perfect. Now when I close The cover the screen will stay on which is the desired effect I was looking for but most importantly when the screen is off and my cover is closed I can hit the power button to see the time, before I would hit the power button with the cover closed and the screen would not come on.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

[QUOT=titou00075;49990340]I have an issue .it does not always work:confused:[/QUOTE]

The way it works for me is if the cover is closed and the screen is off when I open the cover the screen Will turn on, which is perfect.

Now when I close The cover the screen will stay on which is the desired effect I was looking for but most importantly when the screen is off and my cover is closed I can press the power button to have the screen come on to view the time. before when I cover is closed and I hit the power button the screen would stay off.

T

titou00075

Thanks a million! Just received my moto g Niukin magnetic flip case today and was trying to figure this.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

the way it works for me is if the cover is closed and the screen is off when I open the cover the screen Will turn on, which is perfect. Now when I close The cover the screen will stay on which is the desired effect I was looking for but most importantly when the screen is off and my cover is closed I can hit the power button to see the time, before I would hit the power button with the cover closed and the screen would not come on.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

[QUOT=titou00075;49990340]I have an issue .it does not always work:confused:

The way it works for me is if the cover is closed and the screen is off when I open the cover the screen Will turn on, which is perfect.

Now when I close The cover the screen will stay on which is the desired effect I was looking for but most importantly when the screen is off and my cover is closed I can press the power button to have the screen come on to view the time. before when I cover is closed and I hit the power button the screen would stay off.[/QUOTE]

it works well but sometimes it seems disable whereas it is not and I have to reboot to have it work again:confused:

Ascona79

Feb 7, 2014
Hi there,

just got my Motorola FlipCase, removed the Magnet (the Strong one, for keeping it closed, not the TriggerMagnet) because I feared for my Display and other Stuff I keep in my pocked.
Anyway, long Story short: Now the Display turns off on closing! :confused:
I'm on CM11 by dhacker29. Before, with the Magnet still in the case, it turned on, but not off.

So this Magnet not only messes up the compass , but also the magnetic-trigger; so it seems.

Sorry for my bad english

dubidu

Apr 19, 2006
UK
Hi there,

just got my Motorola FlipCase, removed the Magnet (the Strong one, for keeping it closed, not the TriggerMagnet) because I feared for my Display and other Stuff I keep in my pocked.
Anyway, long Story short: Now the Display turns off on closing! :confused:
I'm on CM11 by dhacker29. Before, with the Magnet still in the case, it turned on, but not off.

So this Magnet not only messes up the compass , but also the magnetic-trigger; so it seems.

Sorry for my bad english

Just got mine.
I wasn't sure if the magnet would be a problem in the long run. Electronic devices and magnets don't like each other too much and this one it is a strong one.
So as other had done before ;) I removed it from the case....

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

Without the mod, it behaves in the same way as before.
Phone off, closing the lid doesn't do anything.
Open the lid, wakes the phone.
Close the lid, put the phone to sleep.

With the mode activated, the phone will not go to sleep if the lid is closed.
If I open the lid when the phone sleep, it will wakeup.

It kind of works as I designed ;)

efect

Jul 25, 2009
Cali
not working

Doesn't work for my nexus 7 2013 (clean rom/faux). Widget doesn't add to app drawer either. Please help on install.

Top Liked Posts