[Q] xperia z1 compact doubt

Search This thread

gsvincze

Oct 28, 2011
I've been checking the news of the new compact flagship from sony, and this would be the 3rd generation of xperia I have an I'm a bit curios about some stuff like:
-Will it have the cheapy ips display?
-Since we all know google is NOT your buddy, how deep is the tracking is integrated from sony's and from google's part?
-How easy to root this phone? Do I have to unlock it's bootloader?
-Does it come with the same sensitive capacitive interface like the z1 did? (will it recognise a pencil?)
-What do you guys think about the overall?

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
I've been checking the news of the new compact flagship from sony, and this would be the 3rd generation of xperia I have an I'm a bit curios about some stuff like:
-Will it have the cheapy ips display?
-Since we all know google is NOT your buddy, how deep is the tracking is integrated from sony's and from google's part?
-How easy to root this phone? Do I have to unlock it's bootloader?
-Does it come with the same sensitive capacitive interface like the z1 did? (will it recognise a pencil?)
-What do you guys think about the overall?

- Looks like has great viewing angles in youtube hands on videos.
- Sony doesn't track. But I am not sure if it can be said for google. Google services are deeply integrated into Android OS. But same applies to all Android phones and for iPhone (you know about iPhone tracking affair?). And there is a way to remove those services but no play store then and youtube and so on...
-You don't need to unlock and it's easy. Just wait till the phone get released and somebody will 100% figure out how as always.
-Don't know/
-My dream phone. It is solid and phen it falls it won't break, 20MP brilliant camera, Snapdragon 800, and that great IPS screen (I actually didn't want to buy sony because of viewing angles) and small enough.

gsvincze

Oct 28, 2011
- Looks like has great viewing angles in youtube hands on videos.
- Sony doesn't track. But I am not sure if it can be said for google. Google services are deeply integrated into Android OS. But same applies to all Android phones and for iPhone (you know about iPhone tracking affair?). And there is a way to remove those services but no play store then and youtube and so on...
-You don't need to unlock and it's easy. Just wait till the phone get released and somebody will 100% figure out how as always.
-Don't know/
-My dream phone. It is solid and phen it falls it won't break, 20MP brilliant camera, Snapdragon 800, and that great IPS screen (I actually didn't want to buy sony because of viewing angles) and small enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal A great article to read!

I know about the tracking, I always try to find something to block on my phone.

But do you know about this tech used in Iphone called iBeacons, I heard that andorid phones from 2011 has the same technology.

Is it possible to block it?

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal A great article to read!

I know about the tracking, I always try to find something to block on my phone.

But do you know about this tech used in Iphone called iBeacons, I heard that andorid phones from 2011 has the same technology.

Is it possible to block it?

Google earns money by collecting your data and selling it to ads companies so they can show commercials you are interested to. That is well-known. And that's how they "spy" on you. That is the same thing Sony tried with that scandal. It reported Sony what music were they listening.

read this : http://pocketnow.com/2014/01/15/how-much-does-google-make

And Sony really really HATES PIRACY. Piracy is taking away HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY from Sony.