[Q] HTC One X+ stock recovery

Search This thread

trachl

Jan 20, 2009
Hello everyone,

I rooted my One X+ a while ago. I have now relocked the bootloader for OAT purpose. The update was downloaded to the phone, but the update progress would not get pass the bootloader.

I learnt quite a lot about similar problems via various threads. It seems like a problem with the recovery, or rather the recovery is not present, because I am not able to go into the recovery from the bootloader.

I have tried to search a correct stock recovery image but have not had any luck for a while now.

Any advice would be much appreciated: am I right in assessing that the problem is with the recovery? or it is actually something else that I need to fix.

The software version is 1.17.206.1, cid is O2__001. HBoot 1.35.

Many thanks...

Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Look in the TWRP thread in original Android dev. I'm sure Lloir posted a stock recovery for both the International & AT&T devices

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

trachl

Jan 20, 2009
Look in the TWRP thread in original Android dev. I'm sure Lloir posted a stock recovery for both the International & AT&T devices

Thanks for pointing this out. Am I right in thinking that a specific stock recovery corresponding to the software version and cid would be needed? because I have actually tried flash the international version of the TWRP recovery as well as the CWM recovery, but neither made a difference to resovling the symptom.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
No any international stock recovery will do. There all the same. Have you tried erasing /cache/ before and after you flash recovery? You can use the command "fastboot erase cache"

trachl

Jan 20, 2009
No any international stock recovery will do. There all the same. Have you tried erasing /cache/ before and after you flash recovery? You can use the command "fastboot erase cache"

Thanks for the tip off. I have just tried it but it didn't make a difference. Running the update from the phone still rebooted straight to the bootloader, and recovery is not accessible from the hboot menu either.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
It could be a corrupt misc partition. This kind of error is usually fixed by running an RUU. Do you know if there is one for you CID/Hboot version?

trachl

Jan 20, 2009
It could be a corrupt misc partition. This kind of error is usually fixed by running an RUU. Do you know if there is one for you CID/Hboot version?

Thanks. I thought of this approach too, but my search for a correct RUU (i.e. O2 UK, software version 1.17.206.1) has not been fruitful. I did try an unmatched RUU (Europe_1.17.401.1) but it understandably failed.

Just a quick thought tho, the recovery images that I tried were both flashed successfully; i.e. no error messages. This seems to suggest that data were written into the disk successfully. But I am very puzzled...