Installed wrong Kernel i9505

Search This thread

Ripebear

Jan 25, 2014
I've rushed into trying to root my Galaxy S4, but used the wrong process. I have a GT I9505 and used the SCH-I545 pre-release kernel making it stick after the samsung screen.

It has a blue light in top corner, I've removed battery and put it back in and when I try to turn it on in top left it says;

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set warranty bit: kernel

I'm about to finish downloading the STOCK rom, going to flash that via ODIN and wipe through recovery mode. Hoping this works.

Please help! At this point I would like to get my phone back to normal or root it properly. Thanks

I can get into recovery and download mode. UK phone, It's on vodafone network I'm unsure if it's locked or not I haven't done anything.,

Help is appreciated!

Last edited:

MamaKino

Mar 23, 2013
Winnipeg
I've rushed into trying to root my Galaxy S4, but used the wrong process. I have a GT I9505 and used the SCH-I545 pre-release kernel making it stick after the samsung screen.

It has a blue light in top corner, I've removed battery and put it back in and when I try to turn it on in top left it says;

I'm about to finish downloading the STOCK rom, going to flash that via ODIN and wipe through recovery mode. Hoping this works.

Please help! At this point I would like to get my phone back to normal or root it properly. Thanks

I can get into recovery and download mode. UK phone, It's on vodafone network I'm unsure if it's locked or not I haven't done anything.,

Help is appreciated!

I also have this problem after i flashed the stock ROM via ODIN and now i cant use Wi-Fi or Sound. I'm scouring the internet for a SGH I337M Kernal as the one i got from samsung crashes ODIN. But that error came for me to the phone should still work but without Sound and WiFi. but if anyone finds a solutuion to this that would be great

Joery1983

Jan 1, 2014
Just flash stock and the warning will disappear. It only states that you do not use the Samsung kernel.

Other possibility is just flash an other kernel that does work for ure phone. The warning will remain but it's nothing to worry about

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Help is appreciated!

If you flash stock and you want your phone rooted afterwards just download cf auto root for your phone and flash it trough odin. This does nothing else to your phone than rooting it. I'm not allowed to post links but I'll sent you a pm with the link of the correct cf auto root file.

Help is appreciated!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Help is appreciated!

You're posting in the wrong forum, this is the forum for the S4 Active (i9295).