Thanks Meter: 6,160

Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2014, 03:12 PM |#301  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

Hi, I have 2 ROMs installed with MultiROM. One of them is stock/factory ROM. I have an update from Google to 4.4.2, I downloaded it and upon rebooted it went to TWRP.

My question is do you know where is the downloaded file located so I can choose/use it for upgrade? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Is it not in /cache?

19th January 2014, 02:57 AM |#302  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

Is it not in /cache?

Thanks, but how do I access /cache from TWRP? In CWM it will automagically load the update file and flash.
Or is there a way to copy it out using a file manager?
Thanks again.
Cheers.

Update: I managed to find the .zip file for update and did an update in Recovery, using Advanced - List ROMS - Flash ZIP and it failed.
19th January 2014, 03:59 AM |#303  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,450

More
Quote:

Thanks, but how do I access /cache from TWRP? In CWM it will automagically load the update file and flash.
Thanks again.
Cheers.

Yeah, boot into MultiROMs TWRP:

If the ROM to have the update applied to is a secondary ROM, hit Advanced, MultiROM, then select List ROMs, pick the ROM, then Flash Zip, navigate to /cache, and find the OTA and flash it, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot.

If the ROM you want to update is the main ROM, then just go to Install and navigate to /cache, and find the OTA and flash it, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot.

If you want to move the file for any reason to somewhere else, hit Advanced, then File Manager, you should be at root, and should see cache folder, you can then go in there and move it to where you want.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks again.
Cheers.

Update: I managed to find the .zip file for update and did an update in Recovery, using Advanced - List ROMS - Flash ZIP and it failed.

Post a screenshot, but I'll bet it was some file that was changed in /system. Just flash the system.img from the stock ROM you're on now, then the update will take.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdamaged Ad-Free
21st January 2014, 03:47 PM |#304  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno

Donate to Me
More
Can somebody with deb (the 4G variant) run this test app? It will show a couple of evironment constants - take a screenshot and upload it here/send it to me. I'm trying to find out which is the correct constant to scan for device name, to distinguish flo and deb, if there even is one.

http://tasemnice.eu/bordel/devnametest.apk
21st January 2014, 04:08 PM |#305  
Forum Moderator
Flag Darkside
Thanks Meter: 15,430

More
here you go Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390320524575.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	2530166

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 7 LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xanthrax Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 01:06 PM |#306  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
guys, which 4.3 rom do you keep on multiboot option ? any of them have tablet ui ? i got my N7 pretty much after kk overtook the forum so have no experience of 4.3, just looking for some suggestions...

i know i must not share kernels between 4.3 and 442, thanks
23rd January 2014, 01:28 PM |#307  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,502

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraaka

guys, which 4.3 rom do you keep on multiboot option ? any of them have tablet ui ? i got my N7 pretty much after kk overtook the forum so have no experience of 4.3, just looking for some suggestions...

i know i must not share kernels between 4.3 and 442, thanks

For 4.3 I use aicp. Highly recommend it. Its based on aokp with additional features.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to oadam11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oadam11 Ad-Free
25th January 2014, 07:45 PM |#308  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno

Donate to Me
More
First testing builds of Ubuntu Touch for flo were released, read https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg06116.html.

They are compatible with MultiROM and can be flashed via TWRP when packed to ZIP Files
  1. Update to MultiROM v21a (http://d-h.st/bPS) or newer
  2. Go to recovery, Add ROM -> select Ubuntu Touch -> Next
  3. Two files - one is device specific, second is the Ubuntu Touch system:
  4. Continue installation and profit. Needs about 2GiB of free space, by the way.

It can't be installed via the MultiROM Manager app because it is not official build, therefore it is not using system-image OTA system on which the app relies.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
25th January 2014, 08:46 PM |#309  
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 482

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

First testing builds of Ubuntu Touch for flo were released, read https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg06116.html.

They are compatible with MultiROM and can be flashed via TWRP when packed to ZIP Files

1. Update to MultiROM v21a (http://d-h.st/bPS)
  2. Go to recovery, Add ROM -> select Ubuntu Touch -> Next
  3. Two files - one is device specific, second is the Ubuntu Touch system:
  4. Continue installation and profit. Needs about 2GiB of free space, by the way.

It can't be installed via the MultiROM Manager app because it is not official build, therefore it is not using system-image OTA system on which the app relies.

The good news: it boots
The bad news: It's really unstable and hackish, but it's experimental so what else would you expect.
25th January 2014, 09:29 PM |#310  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,502

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

The good news: it boots
The bad news: It's really unstable and hackish, but it's experimental so what else would you expect.

Can you describe what's unstable out it?

Sent from my Nexus 7
25th January 2014, 09:30 PM |#311  
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 482

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oadam11

Can you describe what's unstable out it?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Graphically mostly. Many screens overlap each other and cause distortions, apps don't always respond as expected, basically the UI is a bit messed up. Pretty much unusable, but it's a nice taste of what's to come.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)