Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
  • Based on Android 4.4.2_M2, CM11.0
  • All current features CM11.0
  • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
  • Dark Mms
  • Dark Calendar
  • Dark Contacts
  • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
  • Bash "tab to complete"
  • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    New
    Code:
    remount /system
    Better Right?? :)
We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Navigating CMB roms
Enough already where do I find CMB for MY device?
Post 2 - Stable, and developer preview Download's and Device specific Instructions
Post 3 - Device specific bugs, Changelog and other developer Notes

Supported Devices 4.3/4.4
  • Nexus 5
  • LG G Pad 8.3
  • Sony Tablet Z, LTE, WIFI
  • Sony Xperia ZL
  • Nexus 4
  • Nexus 7 (2k12,2k13)
  • Galaxy S3 Verizon
  • Galaxy Note 8
  • TF201T
  • TF300T
  • TF700T
  • HTC ONE-VZW
  • Kindle Fire
The Team
  • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
  • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13), Co-maintainer V500
  • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
  • @lj50036 - Maintainer - (TF700T) (TF201T) (TF300T) (m7vzw-HTC ONE)(Kindle Fire)
  • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)
Interested in joining the team? Or know someone? We want to add more devices, if you know how to build, and have a device not on our list pm nycbjr, or hop on our IRC #cmbroms

Credits
  • Google, wow is all I can say!
  • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
  • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
  • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
  • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
Github
@cmbroms Twitter
Google +
#cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

XDA:DevDB Information
Official CMB Roms Kindle Fire, a ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire

Contributors
lj50036, nycbjr, Drgravy
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP
Based On: ASOP/CM

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-02-13

Created 2014-01-26
Last Updated 2014-02-13

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Downloads

Downloads!
THE DOWNLOADS WILL ALSO BE IN THE DOWNLOAD TAB AT THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!

Current Releases
Instructions
TWRP is all I can give support for!!!!!!!!
  • Current Twrp - Click Me
  • Enter Recovery.....
  • Wipe data/Factory Reset
  • Flash Rom and Gapps
  • Reboot and Enjoy

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Tips & Ticks

Tips and Tricks

Note if you are flashing from Stock, or you did a wipe data (good for your for listening haha)
you will NOT have root out of the box, CM has made it an optional thing, to enable root do the following:

1. Enable Developer options, on the About Tablet Screen, tap the Build number 8x
  2. Next Go to Developer options
  3. Then under Root Access, choose "Apps and ADB"

OTA

You will need !!
You can find the download in the download tab..as usual
  • Otter on the most current cmb release Not Running ART
  • Be on TWRP based recovery or a 4.4 compatible recovery
  • Have all .zip files on sdcard
  1. OTA update zip
  2. Any optional zip you would like to flash
  3. Gapps zip

Enter recovery Don't Format !!!! Go right to install and install the zips in the above order, wipe dalvik, reboot.
You will get a android is upgrading, After you fully boot into rom, let everything simmer for a few minutes, than do a reboot, like I said just what I did!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Feedback

nice job
i'll test it when i have time to after testing week :)

Great... We are in testing phase, I know it boots just fine and everthing is running just fine.. I need feedback on the boot animation, This is the first device we have made with a res of 1024x600...Let me know if it is working and its the CMB animation..Thx as always lj:good:

Reactions: KindleUser

47th_Ronin

Jan 17, 2012
I'm going to dl now and will get back within a couple hours.
Thanks for this!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reactions: lj50036

47th_Ronin

Jan 17, 2012
I only get half of a screen...
Tried with couple different gapps and with no gapps and still got the same thing.
Also when it first comes up there is some sort of fc going on but cant tell what it is due to it being cut in half. And it's only in landscape that you get left half of screen, in portrait you have nothing.
Never seen this before.
Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
Twrp2.6.3.1. Wipe system/data/as. Flash Rom & gapps. Wipe cache/dalvik. Reboot. No boot animation. After several minutes only a half screen visible. Rebooted to twrp. Reflashed Rom and gapps again. No boot animation. Long time no picture at all. Twrp. Wipe cache&dalvik. No boot animation. Half screen view.
Anyone having this working?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I only get half of a screen...
Tried with couple different gapps and with no gapps and still got the same thing.
Also when it first comes up there is some sort of fc going on but cant tell what it is due to it being cut in half. And it's only in landscape that you get left half of screen, in portrait you have nothing.
Never seen this before.
Any ideas?

Thx for the feedback.. I have pulled the download.. Will post new one very soon.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 47th_Ronin

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
New Rom

I have taken care of all the issues.... The boot animation is still a little to big but it boots and everything is functioning... If we can get some testing and feedback that would be great... Sorry about the first upload... As always thx lj

Last edited:

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
I have taken care of all the issues.... The boot animation is still a little to big but it boots and everything is functioning... If we can get some testing and feedback that would be great... Sorry about the first upload... As always thx lj

Thank you for the fix - much better now!
140126 boots fine.
A few notes (probably issues) after the last quick review if I might:
* No remove/edit options when dragging homescreen/taskbar icon.
* Wifi (WPA2) does not work.

Reactions: lj50036

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Feedback

140126 boots fine.

I will look into these things.... Can we get some feedback.. Can anyone else confirm these same issues.. Thx for the feedback..As always lj

Reactions: kvestas

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
My install booted up. The wireless worked after being persistant. (Same for other 4.4.2 distros) I note that when the keyboard sounds start, the wireless will connect., so I keep doing it until it wotks, 4-5 tries. Setup is quick and loading my programs from the store works well. Something I like to do is make the status bar and the navigation bar translucent and reduce visability to zero. That way I only see the elements and not the black bar. So far, I can only do thus with twa_priv's build.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Wifi Issues

140126 boots fine.

I can confirm that, I can connect to my home wifi with WPA2 setup and I can connect to my phones hot spot with WPA2 also.. Not sure what this means but, I will look into it thx lj

Reactions: kvestas

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Feedback

My install booted up. The wireless worked after being persistant. (Same for other 4.4.2 distros) I note that when the keyboard sounds start, the wireless will connect., so I keep doing it until it wotks, 4-5 tries. Setup is quick and loading my programs from the store works well. Something I like to do is make the status bar and the navigation bar translucent and reduce visability to zero. That way I only see the elements and not the black bar. So far, I can only do thus with twa_priv's build.

Thx for the feedback... I am looking into the wifi issues.. The twa_priv's builds are moving to far away from AOSP.. We do not like to do that as it can cause issues... I will look into these things.. As always thx lj

Reactions: Panamon

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Framework

Check this out there are lots of thing you can do with this... I am only starting to play with it but it seems to be working well....Just be careful with your changes.. Make sure you read!!!!! Thx lj

Xposed Framwork

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Q&A Fourm

Just a head up all there is a Q&A section just for this rom here Q&A Forum Check it out, Its for all general questions specific to this Rom..Thx lj

47th_Ronin

Jan 17, 2012
Xposed is freaking amazing... There are modules that can do anything you want, I recommend gravitybox and xblast tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
    We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
    • Based on Android 4.4.2_M2, CM11.0
    • All current features CM11.0
    • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
    • Dark Mms
    • Dark Calendar
    • Dark Contacts
    • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
    • Bash "tab to complete"
    • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
      Code:
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      New
      Code:
      remount /system
      Better Right?? :)
    We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Navigating CMB roms
    Enough already where do I find CMB for MY device?
    Post 2 - Stable, and developer preview Download's and Device specific Instructions
    Post 3 - Device specific bugs, Changelog and other developer Notes

Supported Devices 4.3/4.4
    • Nexus 5
    • LG G Pad 8.3
    • Sony Tablet Z, LTE, WIFI
    • Sony Xperia ZL
    • Nexus 4
    • Nexus 7 (2k12,2k13)
    • Galaxy S3 Verizon
    • Galaxy Note 8
    • TF201T
    • TF300T
    • TF700T
    • HTC ONE-VZW
    • Kindle Fire
    The Team
    • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
    • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13), Co-maintainer V500
    • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
    • @lj50036 - Maintainer - (TF700T) (TF201T) (TF300T) (m7vzw-HTC ONE)(Kindle Fire)
    • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)
    Interested in joining the team? Or know someone? We want to add more devices, if you know how to build, and have a device not on our list pm nycbjr, or hop on our IRC #cmbroms

Credits
    • Google, wow is all I can say!
    • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
    • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
    • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
    • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
    Github
    @cmbroms Twitter
    Google +
    #cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CMB Roms Kindle Fire, a ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire

Contributors
    lj50036, nycbjr, Drgravy
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP
    Based On: ASOP/CM

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-02-13

Created 2014-01-26
    Last Updated 2014-02-13
    Yes

Just acquired a Kindle Fire (Gen1).... This will make development much easier!!!!!! Lovin it:p
    Downloads

Downloads!
    THE DOWNLOADS WILL ALSO BE IN THE DOWNLOAD TAB AT THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!

Current Releases
    Instructions
    TWRP is all I can give support for!!!!!!!!
    • Current Twrp - Click Me
    • Enter Recovery.....
    • Wipe data/Factory Reset
    • Flash Rom and Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoy
    New Rom

OTA

Update coming today... I am uploading a little bit later this morning.... Thx lj :p