[MOD] ATT Wifi Hotspot

Search This thread

yoallen78

Feb 14, 2006
Raleigh, NC
How did you make the change

Hi Homeslice,

Just a quick question (or two actually)

1) How did you make this change (meaning was it an update in the Settings.db via an SQL editor or is there some other setting some place else)? I'm just curious as to how you did it :D

2) Does this change the data icon(s) at all?

Thank you for your help.

brad_wp

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Help!!!

Hey, I know this is kind of an old thread, but I flashed the two files wfhs2.zip & wfhs3.zip and now my phone will not boot past the white HTC One Beats Audio screen. I am/was running stock AT&T 4.3 rooted. I'm in the process of using CWM to back-up my device, but before factory resetting I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or a return to stock .zip I could flash via sideload?

Thanks

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Hi Homeslice,

1) How did you make this change (meaning was it an update in the Settings.db via an SQL editor or is there some other setting some place else)? I'm just curious as to how you did it :D

Thank you for your help.

1) Two different methods. 1st metgod was a change to the apns.xml in framrwork res (that changed settings.db when flashed). The second method just made some changes to default.xml in system/customize/acc (i think.. It's been a while)

2) Will not changeData icons

Hey, I know this is kind of an old thread, but I flashed the two files wfhs2.zip & wfhs3.zip and now my phone will not boot past the white HTC One Beats Audio screen. I am/was running stock AT&T 4.3 rooted. I'm in the process of using CWM to back-up my device, but before factory resetting I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or a return to stock .zip I could flash via sideload?

Thanks

You were only supposed to flash wfhs3 for 4.3. You'll need to replace framework-res.apk with one from stock. Never flash anything you haven't before without making a backup first

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

brad_wp

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
You were only supposed to flash wfhs3 for 4.3. You'll need to replace framework-res.apk with one from stock. Never flash anything you haven't before without making a backup first

Yes, that definitely was boneheaded of me :eek:. I managed to get things back up and running. I had to do a full CWM backup, then d/l the rooted stock rom, sideloaded it, then do a data only restore of my backup, blah!

Anyways, thank you so much for the quick reply! I will be doing a full backup now, and only flashing the 3.zip. I was just thrown off by the fact that the 2.zip was 8MB'ish, and the other was exponentially smaller. Too much thinking, and not enough sleep, lol.

p.s. Please have a cup of coffee or other beverage of your choice on me!

Last edited:
Reactions: homeslice976

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Yes, that definitely was boneheaded of me :eek:. I managed to get things back up and running. I had to do a full CWM backup, then d/l the rooted stock rom, sideloaded it, then do a data only restore of my backup, blah!

Anyways, thank you so much for the quick reply! I will be doing a full backup now, and only flashing the 3.zip. I was just thrown off by the fact that the 2.zip was 8MB'ish, and the other was exponentially smaller. Too much thinking, and not enough sleep, lol.

Yep that comes back to the two different methods that were used. The first one completely replaces framework-res,hence the size. The new one only replaces a small config file.

Edit: and thank you! MUCH appreciated

Last edited:

kappa546

Nov 30, 2010
Does this affect what's happening on other backed up ROMs. My tethering worked on a gpe ROM, the I restored my stock ROM to test this out. Now my gpe ROM has no data connection. Trying to figure out if its the phone or at&t flagged it. Thanks

kappa546

Nov 30, 2010
Hmm quit working on my GPe ROM for a couple of hours. Was on the phone with att several times and they reset something which didn't work immediately. Suddenly data is back, no idea what fixed it... Actually I have a suspicion I reached some data limit (unlimited go phone plan).

diekastro

Jul 16, 2013
San José
Update

Yep that comes back to the two different methods that were used. The first one completely replaces framework-res,hence the size. The new one only replaces a small config file.

Edit: and thank you! MUCH appreciated

I am using a HTC One X updated with AT&T 4.2 RUU. Does it work for me? Excuse me, can you saty me what did you change exactly in settings.db?

agoyeneche

Jan 19, 2007
Dallas
Would you be able to make one for 4.4.2? This worked beautifully on 4.3.

Here you go!

I tested it and works perfect in KK 4.4.2.

For the record, this is what I found that needs to be changed in the stock default.xml

From <item type="boolean" name="entitlement_check">true</item>
To <item type="boolean" name="entitlement_check">false</item>

From <item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">true</item>
To <item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">false</item>

From <item type="boolean" name="support_entitlementcheck">true</item>
To <item type="boolean" name="support_entitlementcheck">false</item>

From <item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">3</item>
To <item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">0</item>

Update the above, add to WFHS3.ZIP and update ROM in CWRM

"support_entitlementcheck" is missing in KK (Android 4.4)...

Attachments

• wfhs4(KK).zip
    174.9 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

SMaximus7

Jan 17, 2011
Here you go!

For the record, this is what I found that needs to be changed in the stock default.xml

Awesome. Thank you. I'll try it out tonight

Endoran

Dec 14, 2010
Works perfectly! However, I'm unable to change the settings, such as security etc and changing the ssid. Should I download an app for this? I'm on stock 4.4.2

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

ejp79

Feb 10, 2010
Thank you! This worked perfectly! I had originally installed the one on the first page, and had to flash stock because dialer kept on quitting. This update is excellent! Can you modify the OP to include this update for anyone else that comes in here after updating to 4.4?
Excellent work!

dihnekis

Jul 5, 2013
Here you go!

Any chance of an update for lollipop and help getting this working on straight talk apn? Thanks for your awesome work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all - Just a simple mod to enable native wifi hotspot for ATT users who are stock/rooted. Flashable in recovery.

wfhs2 is from 1.26.502.10
    wfhs3 is from 3.17.502.3 (4.3)

Flash in Recovery (TWRP and CWM should both work), wipe caches (cache and dalvik), reboot.

Here you go!

Hi Homeslice,

Thank you for your help.

1) Two different methods. 1st metgod was a change to the apns.xml in framrwork res (that changed settings.db when flashed). The second method just made some changes to default.xml in system/customize/acc (i think.. It's been a while)

2) Will not changeData icons

Thanks

Works. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium