KitKat BBS partial wakelocks stats need root now!

Search This thread

d33f

Apr 18, 2010
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
Anyone else noticed that Better Battery Stats now needs root to show partial wakelock statistics ?
On 4.3 I could see those statistics without root, but on KitKat it says I need root :(

Is it me or is Samsung trying harder to 'stealth' their background running apps ? (like Knox which shoots to 25% CPU usage as soon as the screen is turned off)..

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Anyone else noticed that Better Battery Stats now needs root to show partial wakelock statistics ?
On 4.3 I could see those statistics without root, but on KitKat it says I need root :(

Is it me or is Samsung trying harder to 'stealth' their background running apps ? (like Knox which shoots to 25% CPU usage as soon as the screen is turned off)..

hi ,
if you want to use an alternative to Betterbattery stats ...???
that does work on Kitkat ( with a small adb hack , very easy to do ,
no root required ) ,if you do not understand how to install ask and i will try and help ? )
.....Wakelock Detector .I am using it on v 4.4.2 with the hack and working 100%
For those who is interested link......
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179651&page=34
post # 338 see ( developer ) ..akhitmat post .
He sets out in post what to do !
It is better than having nothing to check apps hogging , battery /wakelocks etc
good luck
Post note
Also on kitkat ( if you don't know , apps like Quickpic cannot access and copy /transfer to sd card
also es file explorer also cannot)
i have found using Samsungs onboard Kitkat "My files " explorer you can access Sd card and complete these functions quickpic and es file explorer, can't do !

Last edited:
Reactions: d33f

d33f

Apr 18, 2010
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
hi ,
no root required ) ,if you do not understand how to install ask and i will try and help ? )
good luck
Post note
Also on kitkat ( if you don't know , apps like Quickpic cannot access and copy /transfer to sd card
i have found using Samsungs onboard Kitkat "My files " explorer you can access Sd card and complete these functions quickpic and es file explorer, can't do !

Thanks I will try :) Luckely it seems that 4.4 isn't suffering from the same amount of wakelocks I had on 4.3 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Kitkat "feature" and has nothing to do with Samsung. Except that Samsung updated to Kitkat.

http://en.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1py0wg/battery_statistics_in_android_44_kitkat/

hi ,
    good luck
    Post note