To go with the Moto G or Moto X

Search This thread

zener773

Oct 6, 2007
Hello Everyone,
I really like the Moto G. Its awesome for the price and the battery is legendary. But should I really pick it over the Moto X? I'm buying either phone off contract. The beef I got with the Moto X is that its been around since 8/2013. That's not bad, but it can only mean that its successor will be announced sometime this summer. Now, should I buy a 6 month old model at $399 that will be more than likely upgraded in a few months? The Moto G on the other hand seems to be just getting started. What do you think?

Last edited:

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
I have both and find myself switching between them quite often.

Personally I like them both. They both have their goods and bad. I like the Moto G for its battery life and changeable backs. I like the X for the feel...which is wonderful, the screen, touch less controls, active notifications..basically everything the G doesn't have.

Motorola obviously had yo cut corners to get the G down to a good affordable price. But if you can do without everything that the X is offering and you want a few extra bucks in your pocket, grab the G.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: zener773

zener773

Oct 6, 2007

Personally I like them both. They both have their goods and bad. I like the Moto G for its battery life and changeable backs. I like the X for the feel...which is wonderful, the screen, touch less controls, active notifications..basically everything the G doesn't have.

Motorola obviously had yo cut corners to get the G down to a good affordable price. But if you can do without everything that the X is offering and you want a few extra bucks in your pocket, grab the G.

I just placed an order for the moto g with a royal blue grip shell. I hope I don't regret my choice of color. Should have gone for the chalk one.Thanks for helping me decide!

DaemonAshra

Oct 17, 2009
Mesa
I did have a Droid Maxx which is pretty much a slightly bigger Moto X and ended up selling it and keeping the G. I don't know if it just me, but active notifications got really annoying and started bugging me more and more over time.

D

Darth

As a Moto x owner...and soon to be g owner (wife)...I think its simple. What do you want to spend? That should basically be the bottom line. The Moto x features if not wanted can be disabled easily.

Both great phones....both great battery life (edge going to the g)....but obviously the x is a bit better overall....so the decision should boil down to cost.

In my opinion anyway. My wife doesn't want to spend to much...so g is obvious choice for her. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
I have a G and don't regret it one bit. Battery life is phenomenal IMO. The difference between the two for me isn't worth the $200.00 price gap.

Yellow back shell on the way too...

Sent from my Moto G GPE

consolegam3r

Dec 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I really like the Moto G. Its awesome for the price and the battery is legendary. But should I really pick it over the Moto X? I'm buying either phone off contract. The beef I got with the Moto X is that its been around since 8/2013. That's not bad, but it can only mean that its successor will be announced sometime this summer. Now, should I buy a 6 month old model at $399 that will be more than likely upgraded in a few months? The Moto G on the other hand seems to be just getting started. What do you think?

My Moto G is on its way and I'm sure I'm going to love it, but if I had the budget, I would go for the Moto X. I think its features are incredibly useful to me. The voice controls, for instance, are terrific. I've been trying to implement something similar in my Nexus 7, but the apps haven't been up to snuff and consume a lot of battery power. The Moto X, on the other hand, has this feature built-in thanks to its special hardware.

As for your concern regarding the release dates, the difference is only for a few months. Granted, a few months can mean a lot when it comes to smartphones, but I think you should instead go for the product that comes with the features that you want at the price point you're willing to pay for.

Last edited:

AwesomeTurtle

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
awesometurtle.com
I find that my budget is the only thing that prevented me from getting the X. My G has been my best Android device yet, but that customizability is hard for me to pass up. I may even get an X in the future anyway.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just placed an order for the moto g with a royal blue grip shell. I hope I don't regret my choice of color. Should have gone for the chalk one.Thanks for helping me decide!

That's the exact setup I have for my G. I'm sure you're gonna like it. Its definitely a great phone.

I did have a Droid Maxx which is pretty much a slightly bigger Moto X and ended up selling it and keeping the G. I don't know if it just me, but active notifications got really annoying and started bugging me more and more over time.
    It definitely varies from user to user, but I can see how it can bug someone a bit.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is great isn't it? Moto G feels so slick compared to much more expensive devices.