[Q] Black Screen with Charge

Search This thread

Quigly

Nov 16, 2013
This is kind of a long read but thanks in advance for bearing with me.
  1. Phone Details
    • Go Launcher Pro
    • 16GB
    • I had a couple ram boosters and some apps that tweaked my cpu's
  2. ROM
    • Cyanogen Mod 10.1.1
  3. Kernel
    • Stock Kernel (before attempted upgrade)
  4. Model
    • SCH-I535
  5. Battery
    • 2100 mAh
    • 3.8 V Li-ion
Recently as of 8pm this evening I attempted to install a Faux Custom Kernel from a zip in my root storage using the CWM Recovery interface. From what I could tell, while I was watching the screen, the files unpacked and installed correctly. Before doing all this I researched the proper kernel and method of installation. Simply put, after the installation the phone rebooted and flashed the SAMSUNG logo (no cyanogenmod avatar) and then the screen went solid black. It will load into Odin mode as well as CWM Recovery successfully. I have cleared my data/caches and tried to plug it into my computer to try to flash a different kernel with another zip but it hasn't worked due to my computer not properly installing the MTP drivers. When I turn the phone on the logo pops up with no boot animation what-so-ever and the bottom buttons work but the screen is always black.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
This is kind of a long read but thanks in advance for bearing with me.
tried to plug it into my computer to try to flash a different kernel with another zip but it hasn't worked due to my computer not properly installing the MTP drivers. When I turn the phone on the logo pops up with no boot animation what-so-ever and the bottom buttons work but the screen is always black.

Try to flash back the original kernel, if not working, wipe cache/dalvik cache/data/system then reflash the rom.

Quigly

Nov 16, 2013
Solved

I have solved the problem. Basically what I have done now is unrooted the phone. I, using Odin3 v1.85, flashed the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Stock Rom image file and then the CWM Recovery. Next I flashed the insecure bootloader and from there got back CM11 with a custom kernel.