[Q] Can't Get Passed Boot Logo - Please help

Search This thread

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010
Thank you for taking time to read this!

I have a htc one x international version, i successfully unlocked the bootloader installed clockwormod recovery v5.8.4.0 and rooted the phone installing superSU without any problems.

I have been using some mod rom for a long time, And recently updated BUSYBOX, and then turned off phone. Now and now i cant get passed the htc boot screen, i have tried deleting cache, loading a previous restore img from 6 months ago, rebooting bootloader but none of that worked, here are the details from the boot screen:

p.s if you can get me into the phone, would be a life saver! or stock android 4.x that would be an added "Brucey" bonus.

Thank you again for your time, best regards
Ernest

ENDEAVORU PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-1.1204.105.14
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
Modem Path: Off
May 8 2012 21:32:10

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
SHOW BARCODE
IMAGE CRC

rudresh128631

Mar 8, 2011
davangere
Thank you for taking time to read this!

I have a htc one x international version, i successfully unlocked the bootloader installed clockwormod recovery v5.8.4.0 and rooted the phone installing superSU without any problems.

I have been using some mod rom for a long time, And recently updated BUSYBOX, and then turned off phone. Now and now i cant get passed the htc boot screen, i have tried deleting cache, loading a previous restore img from 6 months ago, rebooting bootloader but none of that worked, here are the details from the boot screen:

p.s if you can get me into the phone, would be a life saver! or stock android 4.x that would be an added "Brucey" bonus.

Thank you again for your time, best regards
Ernest

ENDEAVORU PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-1.1204.105.14
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
Modem Path: Off
May 8 2012 21:32:10

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
SHOW BARCODE
IMAGE CRC

try fastboot erase cache:good:

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010
try fastboot erase cache:good:

Hi there!

I went into Fastboot, and only have:

HBOOT
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

so i went back into HBOOT
RECOVERY

-Wipe Cache Partition

I have previously also tried fixing user permissions and wipe dalvik cache.

Still no joy :( I can mount the SD Card so my stuff is still there, i have backed up my photos and whatsapp as I'd like to keep the chat msgs haha.

Do you have any other ideas rudresh?

Thanks

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
To install a new rom i suggest to update the hboot. It's to low for current developed roms/mods.

Post the outcome of

Fastboot getvar version-main

Get you back to stock and update the phone. Then re-root or install a custom rooted rom

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010
To install a new rom i suggest to update the hboot. It's to low for current developed roms/mods.

Post the outcome of

Fastboot getvar version-main

Get you back to stock and update the phone. Then re-root or install a custom rooted rom

atm i dont have fastboot getvar version-main, will this option become available once i have updated HBOOT?

many thanks for answering my noobie questions!

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
It's a command via fastboot. You put the phone in the bootloader where you see FASTBOOT USB in red when you connect the phone to the pc. Then open a command prompt on the pc from the fastboot folder and type in that command.

rudresh128631

Mar 8, 2011
davangere
Download HTC one x fastboot tools. Install htc drivers. Open fast boot tool folder. Hold shift button and right click then chose open in command window from dropdown list. Boot your device into boot loader. Connect your device. Select fastboot in device. Then it should turn fastboot to fastboot usb highlighted in red color. In command prompt type fastboot devices. If your devices serial number appeared in command window then your device is connected. Type fastboot erase cache. After erasing cache reboot.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Download HTC one x fastboot tools. Install htc drivers. Open fast boot tool folder. Hold shift button and right click then chose open in command window from dropdown list. Boot your device into boot loader. Connect your device. Select fastboot in device. Then it should turn fastboot to fastboot usb highlighted in red color. In command prompt type fastboot devices. If your devices serial number appeared in command window then your device is connected. Type fastboot erase cache. After erasing cache reboot.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Not gonna work.....

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010
It's a command via fastboot. You put the phone in the bootloader where you see FASTBOOT USB in red when you connect the phone to the pc. Then open a command prompt on the pc from the fastboot folder and type in that command.

Hi Mr Hofs!

THanks for your advice, I have fastboot working now at home. I tried fastboot erase cache just in case it worked. Then did your command

Code:
C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>Fastboot getvar version-main
version-main: 1.29.401.11
finished. total time: 0.085s

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Okay, make a copy of the sdcard to the pc just in case. Then download this ruu

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...Radio_2.1204.127.19_release_271851_signed.exe

Relock the bootloader :

Fastboot oem lock

Then keep the phone in the bootloader and execute the ruu with admins rights. Right click the ruu.exe and choose

Run as administrator

It flashes the phone to stock. Boot it up after that and go to settings-about-software update and check for ota ..... Do this after every ota you get until you get no notifications anymore. Report back with issues or when you have updated the phone multiple times. :)

Reactions: Erniemac

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...Radio_2.1204.127.19_release_271851_signed.exe

Relock the bootloader :

Fastboot oem lock

Then keep the phone in the bootloader and execute the ruu with admins rights. Right click the ruu.exe and choose

Run as administrator

It flashes the phone to stock. Boot it up after that and go to settings-about-software update and check for ota ..... Do this after every ota you get until you get no notifications anymore. Report back with issues or when you have updated the phone multiple times. :)

Wow your fast! i just figured out what your trying to get me to do, and found the RUU page haha. Thank you so much for your time. BRB in 20 mins or so!

Reactions: Mr Hofs

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010

Relock the bootloader :

Fastboot oem lock

Run as administrator

OK IM IN!!!!!!!!! Android 4.03 but im not getting any OTA updates, maybe because Im abroad currently? ill dig around for some updates.

Thanks so much, ill drop you a lil tip once i get paid before Chinese New Year :)

Reactions: Mr Hofs

Erniemac

Apr 5, 2010
Then download this one and run it too
http://www.persianhtc.net/index.php...Radio_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed.exe

;)

And if you don't get ota after that one you can continue to install this one

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed.exe

And then there must be ota available

First one was perfect getting updates galore!

Quick question: My old apps are still on the SD Card, so say i install Whatsapp / WeChat from the PlayStore, and move to SD Card will it link up the old data? or just overwrite the folder so Titanium back up is my best bet.

Just gonna finish them then i guess flash SUupdate.zip or whatever it is and i can use titanium back up to restore my apps.

Many thanks again

-E

Top Liked Posts