Plex not working on g pad

Search This thread

Steefmeister

Jan 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am having issues with running Plex on my lg g pad 8.3.

The tablet finds my server, but when I try to play a video in plex the screen remains black. The video won't start. This is the case for every video in plex.

Tried several versions. My server is okay because a s3 and tab 8.0 can play the videos.

Can someone help me out here? G pad is on stock rom.

JimMutth

Sep 22, 2012
Odd. I run place all the time on my gpad. Try wiping the cache and data for plex on the gpad.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Steefmeister

Jan 26, 2014
Check the settings to see how you have it configured. I too am running Plex without issue. Also what version of plex are you running?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Did not changed a thing in settings. Compared setting with the ones on the galaxy s3 and they are exactly the same.

I will try a factory reset on my tablet and test again.

Version 3.1.5.41

cbb77

Edit... did not solve the problem :(.

Only option left is to root my g pad?

Hmm, wouldn't expect root to make a difference. However I do recommend it but for other purposes. In any case it appears I am running a much newer version - 3.2.4.87. Additionally check the following options to make sure they are on: Direct Stream and Direct Play. Also check the video quality that you have set. I have mine to 3 Mbps 720p.

Steefmeister

Jan 26, 2014
Hmm, wouldn't expect root to make a difference. However I do recommend it but for other purposes. In any case it appears I am running a much newer version - 3.2.4.87. Additionally check the following options to make sure they are on: Direct Stream and Direct Play. Also check the video quality that you have set. I have mine to 3 Mbps 720p.

Custom rom installed and this fixed the problem :)