FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] no SIM card notification

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By thejiajielee, Junior Member on 16th January 2014, 09:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!

17th January 2014, 07:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
bump for any answer to this !
17th January 2014, 07:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.
17th January 2014, 01:18 PM |#4  
Flag Düsseldorf (DE)
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejiajielee

hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rht_sg

bump for any answer to this !

Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.
18th January 2014, 03:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp

I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami

Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.

i failed to mention, i was looking for any non-root solution, since its a new phone and i m new to rooting myself, i am wary of voiding the warranty just yet.
it is a bit surprising that there is no simple way to turn off those icons in the status bar when using single SIM.
27th January 2014, 06:42 PM |#6  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami

Maybe this helps you.

I tried to delete that line but it only made the phone unable to detect any sim cards.
I also tried to use Gravity Box, but I failed to find any options there to remove the 2nd sim notification.
Are there any other ways?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)