[Q] Installing a Nexus 7 rom on the Sero 7 Pro?

Search This thread

dgedwards13

Jan 26, 2014
So, my question is just what the title says. It's probably an incredibly stupid question, but i'm curious nonetheless.

Everyone keeps saying that the Hisense Sero 7 Pro has hardware that's basically identical to the Nexus 7 (grouper), besides the sd card slot, and I was wondering if it's possible to install a rom that's meant for one, on the other.

The main reason I ask is i'd like to install AOKP, PA, or even Ubuntu Touch on my Sero Pro, but I can't find a way to do this.

Even if there are roms that I haven't found yet that work on the Sero, I'm still curious about my original question... :)

Thanks in advance!

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Doubtful it would work unless you specifically port the ROM to your device, which if they are as identical as you say may not be too hard to do. But you'll have to do a lot more research to find out what is the same and what differs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dgedwards13

Jan 26, 2014
I would try to port one, but I wouldn't even know where to begin... I get the idea that that's pretty complicated. I'd love to learn how, so if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be helpful.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Well I'm on mobile so its too much work for now to research the links for you, but Google and xda have excellent search functions. A good starting place is xda university or simply going developer.android.com to learn more. Be prepared to do a lot of reading if you don't have a solid base of understanding android code or Linux programing
Here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266
Around the fourth or fifth post you will find some links
Best of luck!

Reactions: dgedwards13

dgedwards13

Jan 26, 2014
That's a lot of reading, I'd better get started...

There's not much else to say, except thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I'm on mobile so its too much work for now to research the links for you, but Google and xda have excellent search functions. A good starting place is xda university or simply going developer.android.com to learn more. Be prepared to do a lot of reading if you don't have a solid base of understanding android code or Linux programing
    Here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266
    Around the fourth or fifth post you will find some links
    Best of luck!