[Q] formated /persist in recovery on moto g

Search This thread

burnsyboo

Jun 17, 2013
Hi I'm sorry to bother you but I accidentally formated /persist and /pds in recovery and now WiFi ain't working even when I flash a new rom what have I done Bluetooth works and mobile data but when I try activating WiFi it doesn't work ):

Last edited:

burnsyboo

Jun 17, 2013
that fixed my phone

Hello what you have to do is boot your phone up root it and use file manager in file manager go to the settings COG and turn on root explorer and mount system RW then copy that file that you didn't no what to do with into the /persist folder and reboot that should fix WiFi for you and when you search for file explorer in Google play its the one with the yellow folder hope this fixes your problem as well :cowboy:

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
Hello what you have to do is boot your phone up root it and use file manager in file manager go to the settings COG and turn on root explorer and mount system RW then copy that file that you didn't no what to do with into the /persist folder and reboot that should fix WiFi for you and when you search for file explorer in Google play its the one with the yellow folder hope this fixes your problem as well :cowboy:

I'm having the same problem and really going crazy.. want to fix this but I don't now how, I dont have wifi on my moto g so i can also not install a root explorer. And do you have to edit the mac adress? how do you do that? and could you give me detailed step by step how to fix this problem? any help greatly appreciated.....

RestlessScreams

Oct 17, 2012
I'm having the same problem and really going crazy.. want to fix this but I don't now how, I dont have wifi on my moto g so i can also not install a root explorer. And do you have to edit the mac adress? how do you do that? and could you give me detailed step by step how to fix this problem? any help greatly appreciated.....

Just install the filemanager via adb install :)

But a step by step would be highly appreciated:good:

Edit\:
Wifi works now, you're my hero!
Gonna test it when I got time if my mobile data is also working :good:

Last edited:

synescu

Jan 22, 2013
You can try to flash a us stock firmware for me worked this firmware is handling the portions better

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

burnsyboo

Jun 17, 2013
this should fix your problem

Here's how to fix it download this http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2531514&d=1390364984 then unzip it on your moto g and download file manager from Google play the one with the yellow folder after that click the cog on the bar at the top in file manager and click Root explorer then Mount system folders then copy the unziped file from /storage/sdcard0/download to /persist and then after that reboot and your WiFi should work

Last edited:
Reactions: vientodearena
Dec 8, 2014
Hey, do you know if this procedure works for Moto G 2014 (XT 1068 or XT 1064) too? or where I get this files for that device?
Thanks.

Last edited:

asdbrht

Nov 12, 2014

JUST DOWNLOAD THAT .bin FILE AND PUT it in PERSIST FOLDER WHICH IS LOCATED IN THE ROOT OF THE DEVICE AND RESTART YOUR PHONE

EVERYTHING WORX PERFECTLY

vsdmch

Mar 2, 2014
Here's how to fix it download this http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2531514&d=1390364984 then unzip it on your moto g and download file manager from Google play the one with the yellow folder after that click the cog on the bar at the top in file manager and click Root explorer then Mount system folders then copy the unziped file from /storage/sdcard0/download to /persist and then after that reboot and your WiFi should work

There is a lot of file explorers wit yellow folders, could you tell us developer please.
Thanks in advance ;)

Top Liked Posts