[MOD][Xposed]Stock: Long press toggle buttons that bring up relevant Settings page

Search This thread

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London
Hi,

For those still using the stock toggles, this is a very quick hack (I've never wrote anything in Java before and I'm not a very good programmer regardless) that lets you long-press most of the toggles in the status bar to bring up the appropriate Settings page. (Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi settings etc.)
This works for all the status menu toggles except for Notification (I wasn't sure what Settings page that could be mapped to) and Mobile data (the Data usage page only supports being invoked externally via a shortcut and I wasn't sure how I could fake that).

How to install:
1. Install Xposed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
2. Install the attached APK, enable the module in the Xposed Installer and reboot.

What if this sends my GS III into a boot loop?
1. Boot into recovery and mount /data.
2. Attach a USB cable and run "adb shell" on your computer
3. "cd /data/xposed"
4. rm modules.list modules.whitelist
5. touch modules.list modules.whitelist
6. cd / ; umount /data
7. reboot

P.S. This is called SlightlyExtendedToggles. I do plan to expand on this when time allows.

Attachments

• SlightlyExtendedToggles.apk
    151.5 KB · Views: 4,026
  • SlightlyExtendedToggles.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 730

NaabKing

Dec 2, 2010
I use stock toggles, cuz they are the only ones translated :p But i think it would be better if you would mod the systemui.apk or whatever apk that is in and upload that :D Just an idea tho :)

mehrzad1363

Jul 28, 2011
Shiraz
thanks for this mod.

you can many other mod added for stock roms .example :
+ set CRT Off effect
+ set 'Skip track with Volume'(just work when off screen)
+ set 'Turn on screen when unplugging'
+ set 'Longpress HOME key bahaviour'
+ set colors in statusbar (defult glass - background and clock)

i wait to see you with good things and prosperity for you

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London
I use stock toggles, cuz they are the only ones translated :p But i think it would be better if you would mod the systemui.apk or whatever apk that is in and upload that :D Just an idea tho :)

Maybe, if I can be bothered to edit the smali directly :p

thanks for this mod.

you can many other mod added for stock roms .example :
+ set CRT Off effect
+ set 'Skip track with Volume'(just work when off screen)
+ set 'Turn on screen when unplugging'
+ set 'Longpress HOME key bahaviour'
+ set colors in statusbar (defult glass - background and clock)

i wait to see you with good things and prosperity for you

Thanks.

Regarding CRT: The best place to look is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1715238

For the rest, Tweakbox will do what you want

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London
What?! Do I see before my very eyes, a user? Why not upgrade to 4.1, if I may ask? I can (when I wake up again in about 10 hours' time), but you'll have to uninstall and reinstall as I don't have the key that I signed it with originally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jiannist

Mar 28, 2009
What?! Do I see before my very eyes, a user? Why not upgrade to 4.1, if I may ask? I can (when I wake up again in about 10 hours' time), but you'll have to uninstall and reinstall as I don't have the key that I signed it with originally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have a I9100 so no official 4.1 is out and I wanted to try your mod.

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London
Fair enough. You can try the attached file. I can't test this as I don't run ICS anymore. Bear in mind that I didn't manage to make all the toggles work with long pressing even when I was running 4.0, and you may get some more that isn't working because Samsung might be using a different SystemUI with different toggles. You're actually better off running another ROM if you can (if I had an S2, I'd've so been running Chameleon by now).

Attachments

• SlightlyExtendedToggles.apk
    6.8 KB · Views: 422
Reactions: manbat and jiannist

jiannist

Mar 28, 2009
Thank you very much! It worked flawlessly!
If the stock JB is delayed more I'm going to install a custom rom.

Reactions: qwerty12
B

Bass_Man25

I just installed the SlightlyExtendedToggles apk 1.0 and got the following message in the framework modules screen:

"This module was created for Xposed version 2.0rc1, but due to incompatible changes in version 2.0, it has been disabled."

I'm running Stock 4.1.2 ROM with Xposed installer 2.1.4 with app_process 34 and XposedBridge.jar 2.1.4.

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I just installed the SlightlyExtendedToggles apk 1.0 and got the following message in the framework modules screen:

"This module was created for Xposed version 2.0rc1, but due to incompatible changes in version 2.0, it has been disabled."

I'm running Stock 4.1.2 ROM with Xposed installer 2.1.4 with app_process 34 and XposedBridge.jar 2.1.4.

===============
Try this one....it worked for me when I got the same error after trying OP version....
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36267859

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Bunny2rock

Sep 27, 2012
Visakhapatnam
I like this concept and tried installing and using it but this is what the xposed framework displayed!!!
Any help guys??? Plzzzzzz

Hankafyin

Feb 2, 2014
Great Module

Works on P600 running stock 4.3 MK1 What a useful module. A god send with multiple bt devices that I share between tablets and phone. A great find! THANKS SO MUCH!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

For those still using the stock toggles, this is a very quick hack (I've never wrote anything in Java before and I'm not a very good programmer regardless) that lets you long-press most of the toggles in the status bar to bring up the appropriate Settings page. (Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi settings etc.)
    This works for all the status menu toggles except for Notification (I wasn't sure what Settings page that could be mapped to) and Mobile data (the Data usage page only supports being invoked externally via a shortcut and I wasn't sure how I could fake that).

How to install:
    1. Install Xposed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    2. Install the attached APK, enable the module in the Xposed Installer and reboot.

What if this sends my GS III into a boot loop?
    1. Boot into recovery and mount /data.
    2. Attach a USB cable and run "adb shell" on your computer
    3. "cd /data/xposed"
    4. rm modules.list modules.whitelist
    5. touch modules.list modules.whitelist
    6. cd / ; umount /data
    7. reboot

P.S. This is called SlightlyExtendedToggles. I do plan to expand on this when time allows.
    Fair enough. You can try the attached file. I can't test this as I don't run ICS anymore. Bear in mind that I didn't manage to make all the toggles work with long pressing even when I was running 4.0, and you may get some more that isn't working because Samsung might be using a different SystemUI with different toggles. You're actually better off running another ROM if you can (if I had an S2, I'd've so been running Chameleon by now).
    Thank you very much! It worked flawlessly!
    If the stock JB is delayed more I'm going to install a custom rom.
    Other

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app