In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

• Total voters
Search This thread

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I'm having the same problem, my version is 11.3.1.0 and haven't been able to get googleplay on my Kindle Fire HD 7" and it is already rooted. As you stated, phonesky isn't working because it's too old. You mentioned that your link was a fix for it but whenever I go to it, it's just another root tool and when I start it up, there isn't any options for googleplay, just rooting it. With an already rooted Kindle, I've already tried the steps before and have google framework installed and all that along with the vending apk. I can get the store to open in it's first stage and log in but after I log in, it closes. From there I cannot update it and am unclear as to what I can do in your link to get it updated. Thank you very much LinearEquation, you have been very helpful and it seems as though other people were smart enough to follow your advice previously.. I'm just a bit dull I guess :/

You can install Google Play on your 2013 Kindle Fire HD but it's for window shopping only. Any attempts to download from the play store will freeze the tablet and require a reboot. Really the play store serves no real purpose on the new KFHD 7, at the moment anyway. 1mobile and f DROID are a couple spots to get apks from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SpinnZ916

SpinnZ916

Jan 18, 2014
You can install Google Play on your 2013 Kindle Fire HD but it's for window shopping only. Any attempts to download from the play store will freeze the tablet and require a reboot. Really the play store serves no real purpose on the new KFHD 7, at the moment anyway. 1mobile and f DROID are a couple spots to get apks from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the spots. I was able to use 1mobile to get a couple apps that worked such as clash of clans and freekindle and supersu. I need to try the other place then because I am unable to get a googleplay that even works, I could never get it to really open or search anything anyways. What I really want to get working is an app called Parallel Kingdom but it doesn't run when I get it through 1mobile.com; I'm a little disappointed to find out that googleplay won't work on my kindle and I hope I can get other programs to work then.
Should I allow kindle to push updates again?

Thanks again LinearEquation, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and actually care about problems that need not concern you :D

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Thanks for the spots. I was able to use 1mobile to get a couple apps that worked such as clash of clans and freekindle and supersu. I need to try the other place then because I am unable to get a googleplay that even works, I could never get it to really open or search anything anyways. What I really want to get working is an app called Parallel Kingdom but it doesn't run when I get it through 1mobile.com; I'm a little disappointed to find out that googleplay won't work on my kindle and I hope I can get other programs to work then.

Thanks again LinearEquation, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and actually care about problems that need not concern you :D

You're welcome :) Glad to help. I would not get an OTA update or it might break your root. If that happens you may have to wait for a new root method as updates can include patches to previous exploits.

Reactions: SpinnZ916

dEADwEIRD

Jan 29, 2014
Finally! Its no longer just a poo kindle

THANK YOU!
I have been pulling my hair out for 3 days now trying to root and get google play. You guide is fool proof. Whatever I did wrong before, no matter because this did it all for me! All I had to really do was press 'Any Key'!!!

You people are truly amazing. Thank you and i will be making a donation! :good::good::good::good:

Reactions: davidg7864

Djibe

Jan 31, 2014
thx but

Thanks à lot for this tuto !!!!

But why the applications downloaded doesnt appear in the Apps menu? Have I to go
To playstore to open applications??

arpuros

Aug 21, 2012
Hi all,

It was around 4 months since I last entered the google play market.

I tried it 1 hour ago and it didin't connect. Now I have reinstall it with the adb kit and it crashes...

Is there any problem with the market version or anything like that?

Do anybody know what is going on?

Thank you very much.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Hi all,

It was around 4 months since I last entered the google play market.

I tried it 1 hour ago and it didin't connect. Now I have reinstall it with the adb kit and it crashes...

Is there any problem with the market version or anything like that?

Do anybody know what is going on?

Thank you very much.

STOCK with root or custom ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Astarioth

Feb 10, 2012
Update for RunMe.bat

Hi,
for everyone who have problems with KFFirstAide:

Download the Rar (attached) and unrar the RunMe.bat to your KFFirstAide - install dir.

I have replaced all wget - commands with wget --no-check-certificate commands...

Then the RunMe.bat can download the needed images and tools again...

Cu,
Astarioth

Attachments

• RunMe.rar
    30.7 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: DannyY and gransar

arpuros

Aug 21, 2012
STOCK with root or custom ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for your answer.

Just Root, not any other rom. The rom is the original one but with the android market.

Can you help me?

Thanks!!

EDIT: GOT SOLVED WITH THE POST #46

Last edited:

Illinifan97

Jun 5, 2014
Errors, errors and more errors :(

I have a Kindle Fire 8.9" HD.

Trying to follow this to get Google Play Store installed. I still am not successful. I hope someone can help with this!

Following the "Preferred Method" I have root access. I can run commands in KFFirstAide to backup my Kindle.

When installing the Google Play Store using Option 18, I get the following dialog:

/system/xbin/busybox

*We Are Now Rebooting The Kindle.*

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory

*We Are Rebooting The Kindle. The Kindle Will Look Unusual*
* After The Reboot, This Is Normal. *

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

remote object '/system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk' does not exist
rm failed for /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk, No such file or directory

*We Are Now Installing Five Google Play Store Services.*

failed to copy '\KFFirstAide\AccountAndSyncSettings.apk' to '/system/app/./AccountAndSyncS
ettings.apk': No space left on device
failed to copy '\KFFirstAide\GoogleServicesFramework.apk' to '/system/app/./GoogleServices
Framework.apk': No space left on device
failed to copy '\KFFirstAide\GoogleLoginService.apk' to '/system/app/./GoogleLoginService.
apk': No space left on device
4703 KB/s (264932 bytes in 0.055s)
failed to copy '\KFFirstAide\Vending.apk' to '/system/app/./Vending.apk': No space left on
device

*We Are Now Setting Up The Services And Checking Permissions.*

chmod: /system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk: No such file or directory
chmod: /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk: No such file or directory
chmod: /system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk: No such file or directory
chmod: /system/app/Vending.apk: No such file or directory

Trying the "Alternative Method" I get to step 9 and am unable to move the Vending.apk into the /system/app folder, i get a "move task failed" dialog.

I have Root Explorer "ON" on the ES File Explorer 3.1.6.

Any thoughts on where I went wrong?

sslayer1

Jul 6, 2012
I get the exact same thing. When I tried to move the APKs manually, it looks like the /system filesystem is about 99.9% full even before the first of these APKs.

Did one of Amazon's updates [intentionally] fill up this filesystem so that we can't put the Play store and other things on?

Kindle 8.9 version 8.4.9_user_4952820

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Seems that 7.4.9 and 8.4.9 may have patched root access. Should this be the case those that have the update will have to downgrade the bootloader to 7.2.3 with a fastboot cord first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio
Seems that 7.4.9 and 8.4.9 may have patched root access. Should this be the case those that have the update will have to downgrade the bootloader to 7.2.3 with a fastboot cord first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

So with no fastboot cable there's no way to re root and or install a custom rom recovery etc?

Ive seen posts about kicking the kindle fire hd 8.9 to fastboot with out a fastboot cable. But when i try it it does not do so.

wire55

Feb 25, 2013
So with no fastboot cable there's no way to re root and or install a custom rom recovery etc?

Ive seen posts about kicking the kindle fire hd 8.9 to fastboot with out a fastboot cable. But when i try it it does not do so.

You are correct, you cannot use a fastboot cable on the 8.9", it does absolutely nothing for it, it is needed for the 7" though. I don't know how to kick the 8.9" into fastboot as I don't own it.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

benee16

Jun 16, 2014
I have a kindle hd 8.9 which was rooted and had google play until the 8.4.9 update, which bypassed the OTA block I put on when I rooted previously. I had to stock restore because I could not re-root and my kindle was running slowly. Now I am having the same problems with Google Play. I was able to get a very old version of Google Market working, but it will not download anything probably because there's no space. I don't understand why Amazon won't just let us use google play store. Its ridiculous. Most of the stuff I want is free anyway, but not available on amazon.

CSX321

Aug 21, 2009
Southern IL USA
I have a kindle hd 8.9 which was rooted and had google play until the 8.4.9 update, which bypassed the OTA block I put on when I rooted previously. I had to stock restore because I could not re-root and my kindle was running slowly. Now I am having the same problems with Google Play. I was able to get a very old version of Google Market working, but it will not download anything probably because there's no space. I don't understand why Amazon won't just let us use google play store. Its ridiculous. Most of the stuff I want is free anyway, but not available on amazon.

Yes, sometime in the past couple of days my Fire HD apparently was updated, and I've lost root.

Edit...I was able to re-root 7.4.9 with bin4ry 33 option 1. I re-installled the Play Store and prerequisites, and it all seems to be working fine.

Last edited:

Nanaki-seto

Jun 3, 2014
akron ohio
Yes, sometime in the past couple of days my Fire HD apparently was updated, and I've lost root.

Edit...I was able to re-root 7.4.9 with bin4ry 33 option 1. I re-installled the Play Store and prerequisites, and it all seems to be working fine.

Why is it i can not do the same on my 8.9?

Ive tried rerooting with the same option. But can not get full root. Nor can i even think of getting playstore or the like installed (no root etc) .

CSX321

Aug 21, 2009
Southern IL USA
Why is it i can not do the same on my 8.9?

Ive tried rerooting with the same option. But can not get full root. Nor can i even think of getting playstore or the like installed (no root etc) .

After what I'd read here at xda, I was surprised it worked. I double-checked, though, and I'm definitely on the latest 7.4.9 and definitely rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this series we will install Google Play Store to the Kindle. You will see we offer two servers to download the software the one server originates from a commercial Dropbox account and the other from a Ubuntu One commercial account, so if you are blocked by one server, you can use the other as an alternate. We publish these tutorials for you, the end user. This is how we make our living, so if you feel we did our job click on the "Donate to Me" link, if money is tight, we understand - at least take the time to post feedback, otherwise we do not know what works. We monitor the thread daily, so if you are stuck, post a detailed explanation of your problem - we respond fairly quickly.

Prerequisites:

A) Kindle Fire 7" Has been Rooted. Here is Step-by-Step Noob (Simple) Instructions

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

Play Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

Play Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

Play Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Play Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

Play Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Play Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Play Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Play Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
    ;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Play Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

Play Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

Play Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

Play Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 18 to Install Google Play Store.

Play Step 13: That is it! Google Play is Installed, you may close the software.

You may view the Kindle Fire First Aide Forum Notes here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2096888

Alternative Method (Manual Installation):

Play Step 1 Download (Dropbox Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 1 Download (Ubuntu One Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 2 Using Windows Explorer move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from your desktop to /Kindle Drive/Download.

Play Step 3 Using ES File Explorer app(Dropbox) or ES File Explorer app(Ubuntu One) open ES File Explorer on your Kindle. Go to the Setting Menu on ES File Explorer. Choose Root Settings, Select all the options here. A Superuser window will Popup, be sure to click "Allow".

Play Step 4 Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app.

Play Step 5 Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 6 Install all 3 apk's: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by clicking on each on and choose Install. Ignore any install errors.

Play Step 7 Reboot the Kindle

Play Step 8 Download Vending.apk(Dropbox) or Vending.apk(Ubuntu One)to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 9 Using ES File Explorer app on the Fire. Move Vending.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app. Next Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions set to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 10 Install Vending.apk

Play Step 11 Google Play should show up in your Kindle Fire HD Apps. Tap on it and follow the steps with sign-in and agreeing to the terms. This is an OLD Market so move on to Step 12

Play Step 12 Download Gplay3.8.17.apk(Dropbox) OR Gplay3.8.17.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 13 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Gplay3.8.17.apk select Gplay3.8.17.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.8.17 Google Play market.

Play Step 14 Download Phonesky.apk(Dropbox) OR Phoneshy.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 15 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Phonesky.apk select Phonesky.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.10.10 Google Play market.

Play Step 16 Finally, to eliminate Amazon from intercepting any Market requests, thus allowing Google Play to be the default Market. Using ES File Explorer move /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk to /sdcard/download - Reboot the Kindle

Next we will offer a How to: Install Go Launcher EX and HD Noob (Easy) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

If you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645

I think I'm in love :highfive:
    Google Apps

I think I'm in love :highfive:

Thank you for the feedback.

Next we will be offering all the updated Google Applications for your pleasure.

This is a bit more complex, so we may not have this out until tomorrow AM.
    Dropbox Upgraded

Just FYI to everyone.

We just upgraded our Dropbox Subscription to the Dropbox Team Premium with 1TB

of space and unlimited traffic.

This should eliminate Storage Server Outages.