[HELP] Twrp problems.

Search This thread

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
Well, it so happened that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp recovery and I saw in a thread that we can theme our recovery by adding a ui.zip file in the theme folder of twrp. Ever since then, my phone boots in recovery only (without the three button combination). Plus in twrp, the theme is applied but I get a super zoomed view of the recovery so I can't restore nandroid as well. Of course, I used my last resort and brought back my phone to stock through odin but the problem is what did I do wrong and what should I take care of to prevent this sort of **** from happening in the future? :)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

dagger

Why did you use the co-core kernel for a cm ROM??
The rom shouldn't boot if you did this..
BTW You are getting the super zoomed recovery maybe because you are using the ui.zip designed for a mdpi/ldpi screen resolution.
Our screen is hdpi.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
But I used the ui.zip for hdpi devices only.. and I dont know.. the rom just flashed when I used cocore. By the way.. I dont see any other method for obtaning recovery except shaan's temporary cwm.. is there any other method as well??

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Well, it so happened that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp recovery and I saw in a thread that we can theme our recovery by adding a ui.zip file in the theme folder of twrp. Ever since then, my phone boots in recovery only (without the three button combination). Plus in twrp, the theme is applied but I get a super zoomed view of the recovery so I can't restore nandroid as well. Of course, I used my last resort and brought back my phone to stock through odin but the problem is what did I do wrong and what should I take care of to prevent this sort of **** from happening in the future? :)

Do not mess with something that you are not sure that works on our phone. If you read that someone that has I9070 phone is using something, you can use it. Searching and using stuff from other phones can make you mess like that you got.

Omni MUST use its kernel, you CAN'T use COCORE on it. You will end up with a bootloop if you use COCORE on OMNI.

What you need to do is to flash stock FIRMWARE with ODIN. Download CoCore kernel, UNPACK it and use KERNEL.BIN.MD5 (copy to phone memory). Install UKF and ROOT EXPLORER. Open Universal kernel flasher and follow the procedure to install COCORE. Install, reboot and you have permanent recovery (CWM or TWRP depends what CoCore version you choose).

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
Perhaps you guys misunderstood me.. I did not flash cocore on Omni.. I flashed cocore on stock and then I flashed omni rom.. so I guess I have permanent recovery..

Im sorry if I sound like a noob but hey, every expert was once a noob, Im learning

I agree to the part of messing with things that people Dont use on our phone, I'll see to that in future.. :)

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Perhaps you guys misunderstood me.. I did not flash cocore on Omni.. I flashed cocore on stock and then I flashed omni rom.. so I guess I have permanent recovery..

Im sorry if I sound like a noob but hey, every expert was once a noob, Im learning

I agree to the part of messing with things that people Dont use on our phone, I'll see to that in future.. :)

I missunderstood. Because you wrote: "that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp" :cool:

P.S. Maybe that theme problem have something to do with version of TWRP. But I can't tell for sure. :D

Reactions: RazaVakil7995

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
Why did you use the co-core kernel for a cm ROM??
The rom shouldn't boot if you did this..
BTW You are getting the super zoomed recovery maybe because you are using the ui.zip designed for a mdpi/ldpi screen resolution.
Our screen is hdpi.

By the way, why did you tell the rom should not boot? Is it because the cocorekernel is only supported on android 4.1 or some other reason?

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
I missunderstood. Because you wrote: "that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp" :cool:

P.S. Maybe that theme problem have something to do with version of TWRP. But I can't tell for sure. :D

And when I went from omni rom to cm11 by maclaw, my recovery changed to cwm... any idea why did this happen because I was supposed to have permanent twrp :confused:

dagger

And when I went from omni rom to cm11 by maclaw, my recovery changed to cwm... any idea why did this happen because I was supposed to have permanent twrp :confused:

The recovery in our phone is dependent on the kernel.
So if the kennel changes, the recovery changes..

praveenpc

Jun 1, 2014
custom recovery in cm11

So if i flash from stock rom jb to cm11 (tc) , the recovery changes to cwm , no matter if u had CoCore+cwm or CoCore+ TWRP in stock rom.
What happens to the kernel in cm11?
i have done nandroid backup with TWRP, but since recovery changes to cwm in cm11 , will i no longer be able to restore the backup ?
Would it be better to do a nandroid backup with CoCore+Cwm then? :confused:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
So if i flash from stock rom jb to cm11 (tc) , the recovery changes to cwm , no matter if u had CoCore+cwm or CoCore+ TWRP in stock rom.
i have done nandroid backup with TWRP, but since recovery changes to cwm in cm11 , will i no longer be able to restore the backup ?

If you flash stock JB firmware you get stock recovery (not CWM or TWRP). And you can't use nandroid backup of JB if you are on CM11 because Preload partition is used for SWAP, and it will be non usable for JB. You must flash script to repartition it or flash stock JB firmware. If you have TWRP backup, flash stock JB, root it, install CoCore with TWRP recovery and there you go...

praveenpc

Jun 1, 2014
Backup

If you flash stock JB firmware you get stock recovery (not CWM or TWRP). And you can't use nandroid backup of JB if you are on CM11 because Preload partition is used for SWAP, and it will be non usable for JB. You must flash script to repartition it or flash stock JB firmware. If you have TWRP backup, flash stock JB, root it, install CoCore with TWRP recovery and there you go...
Thank you. So i understand that nandroid backup is useful only when something goes wrong during the process of upgrading from stock JB to CM11 .
one more doubt, I have also backed up app user data + system data with Titanium Backup Pro. That can be used to restore all data after i upgrade to cm11 right? Will Titanium Backup Pro take care of efs ( related to IMEI no.) if something goes wrong after flashing cm11. Btw i have also backed up efs with Samsung Tools app.
Also could you enlighten me about my first question in previous post " what happens to kernel in cm11" ? :confused:

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
Thank you. So i understand that nandroid backup is useful only when something goes wrong during the process of upgrading from stock JB to CM11 .
one more doubt, I have also backed up app user data + system data with Titanium Backup Pro. That can be used to restore all data after i upgrade to cm11 right? Will Titanium Backup Pro take care of efs ( related to IMEI no.) if something goes wrong after flashing cm11. Btw i have also backed up efs with Samsung Tools app.
Also could you enlighten me about my first question in previous post " what happens to kernel in cm11" ? :confused:

CM11 ROM 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 is the result of an update of version 4.1.2 of Android Jelly Bean. If right now, you have a backup system and applications that have been stored in the system when you are Jelly Bean. Then you want to restore the backup to the CM11, then I guess you will get an error. Because the system is Jelly Bean, and Kitkat system is 2 different things in the context of the "system". So you can do this while using TB Pro applications only restore data only, such as: backup contacts, sms / mms, third-party applications such as, apk, application of playstore etc.. Not the whole system ROM previously, JB.

Related to the kernel, system jelly bean, and kitkat system, has different kernel. In this case the kernel is owned by CM11 ROM, not the stock ROM 4.4.2/4.4.3 by samsung. CM11 kernel 4.4.2/4.4.3 allows us to perform GPU OC and CPU OC/UC/OV/UV In the default kernel Stock ROM (JB), you will not be able to do it, unless you replace it with a custom kernel, as the Cocore kernel. Hopefully it can be more clear.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The recovery in our phone is dependent on the kernel.
    So if the kennel changes, the recovery changes..

CM11 ROM 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 is the result of an update of version 4.1.2 of Android Jelly Bean. If right now, you have a backup system and applications that have been stored in the system when you are Jelly Bean. Then you want to restore the backup to the CM11, then I guess you will get an error. Because the system is Jelly Bean, and Kitkat system is 2 different things in the context of the "system". So you can do this while using TB Pro applications only restore data only, such as: backup contacts, sms / mms, third-party applications such as, apk, application of playstore etc.. Not the whole system ROM previously, JB.

Related to the kernel, system jelly bean, and kitkat system, has different kernel. In this case the kernel is owned by CM11 ROM, not the stock ROM 4.4.2/4.4.3 by samsung. CM11 kernel 4.4.2/4.4.3 allows us to perform GPU OC and CPU OC/UC/OV/UV In the default kernel Stock ROM (JB), you will not be able to do it, unless you replace it with a custom kernel, as the Cocore kernel. Hopefully it can be more clear.