[Q] Bricked? [Solved]

Search This thread

ding_thornton

Feb 3, 2014
I was following the instructions at the CryanogenMod Wiki for the Droid 4 (Maserati) to install CM11 nightly.
I followed the instructions word for word up to "Boot to recovery mode on the device by holding Power and at SafeStrap splash screen press Menu key within 10 seconds." I was already in SafeStrap (I had just activated rom-1) so I used the Reboot> Recovery option in the program. When it loads up I get the Droid! screen. I tried going to the Boot Options screen and go to recovery with the same result.
So is it bricked, or am I missing something?

Last edited:

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
I was following the instructions at the CryanogenMod Wiki for the Droid 4 (Maserati) to install CM11 nightly.
I followed the instructions word for word up to "Boot to recovery mode on the device by holding Power and at SafeStrap splash screen press Menu key within 10 seconds." I was already in SafeStrap (I had just activated rom-1) so I used the Reboot> Recovery option in the program. When it loads up I get the Droid! screen. I tried going to the Boot Options screen and go to recovery with the same result.

It's pretty hard to really brick a D4. Worst case you'll have to fastboot using the JB fastboot files and RSDlite. Can you still get in to safestrap recovery?

Reactions: ding_thornton

ding_thornton

Feb 3, 2014
It's pretty hard to really brick a D4. Worst case you'll have to fastboot using the JB fastboot files and RSDlite. Can you still get in to safestrap recovery?

I was having noob trouble getting to SafeStrap. I finally figured it out but I couldn't figure out how to delete my thread here. I appreciate your help though.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
normally threads are not deleted or locked, just edit original post to [Solved]

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

and adding how it was solved, may help others.

Last edited:
Reactions: ding_thornton

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

normally threads are not deleted or locked, just edit original post to [Solved]

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

and adding how it was solved, may help others.