Update Superuser

Search This thread

androidobsessed

May 24, 2011
OnePlus 6
What is the correct way to upgrade superuser? Right now I'm running the official CM 11 Nightly 2.03. The problem is, for example in Titanium Backup it gives me this,
"WARNING
Your SU binary (version "15 com.android.settings") is functional but might not work reliably on some Android 4.3+ ROMs. If you encounter any issues in TB, please try SuperSU instead."

Should I just install or flash SuperSU (chainfire) or Superuser (chains DD)? I don't know how to do it properly, I know there are risks of breaking root if not done correctly. Thanks

Kraizk

Jul 30, 2011
American Canyon
What is the correct way to upgrade superuser? Right now I'm running the official CM 11 Nightly 2.03. The problem is, for example in Titanium Backup it gives me this,
"WARNING
Your SU binary (version "15 com.android.settings") is functional but might not work reliably on some Android 4.3+ ROMs. If you encounter any issues in TB, please try SuperSU instead."

Should I just install or flash SuperSU (chainfire) or Superuser (chains DD)? I don't know how to do it properly, I know there are risks of breaking root if not done correctly. Thanks

If you have root and the app works dont worry about it.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
"WARNING

You can always download superSU from play store or from the xda forums and flash it with a customer restore

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app