Thanks Meter: 2,421

By docnok63, Senior Member on 27th October 2013, 01:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2014, 11:57 PM |#51  
Flag Englishtown
Thanks Meter: 105

Donate to Me
More
Love V4A. Totally blew one of my cars speakers, I guess I gave myself an excuse to tinker with my audio system now, they were factory anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to harajyuks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harajyuks Ad-Free

20th January 2014, 07:15 AM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
V4A FX 2.3.2.0 was released yesterday. The changelog reads:

Quote:

Changes:
1.Rewrite framework, fix bugs.
2.Optimize code, speeds up about 40%.
3.Improve audio quality of “High Quality” driver.
4.Separate tube simulator.

Android 4.4 support yet to be announced.

If you're upgrading from a previous version of V4A and it's installed as a system app (which I've already said SHOULD be the way you're running it), remember to do an uninstall of the old version and a fresh install 2.3.2.0.

We have a quad core device so select the High Quality driver and I can attest that it has been significantly improved. I can also verify that it works with Google's Play Music streaming just fine (screenie below- top left icon).

SUPERB update. Grab it now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-20-00-57-35.png
Views:	487
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	2527345  
The Following User Says Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift docnok63 Ad-Free
21st January 2014, 03:25 PM |#53  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sunshine and Endless Rides. USMC on my arm, .45 my hip
Thanks Meter: 12,758

More
Nvm

Notorious 3
23rd January 2014, 08:11 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
There's been another update to FX. This is the fastest the mod has every been updated and it apparently because viper520 had some help. The changelog reads:

Quote:

FX version: v2.3.2.2
1.Code & UI Updates + addon.d script implementation[4.x]. (Thanks to xLaMbChOpSx)
2.Improve driver installation. (Thanks to xLaMbChOpSx)
3.Fix some bugs.
4.Fully support android 4.4.2

This sounds like a welcome change for the guys that have the Dev Ed of the N3. Gonna install now...
3rd February 2014, 05:01 PM |#55  
Flag TORONTO
Thanks Meter: 258

More
V4a doesnt work on poweramp music player?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
3rd February 2014, 08:58 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganmohal

V4a doesnt work on poweramp music player?

Yes it does. You just have to turn off Poweramp's DVC:

Poweramp Settings->Audio->Advanced: toggle Direct Volume Control to off
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift docnok63 Ad-Free
5th February 2014, 03:49 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

Yes it does. You just have to turn off Poweramp's DVC:

Poweramp Settings->Audio->Advanced: toggle Direct Volume Control to off

It doesn't work for me neither even when disabling DVC and it doesn't work neither with videos in MX Player. It only works with stock music player.

Nexus 7 2013 LTE 4.4.2
5th February 2014, 04:17 PM |#58  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9800pro

It doesn't work for me neither even when disabling DVC and it doesn't work neither with videos in MX Player. It only works with stock music player.

If you have it installed as a user app, I'd suggest installing it as a system app. I no longer use Poweramp, but it's worked for me in the past. I use MX player and it definitely works.
5th February 2014, 11:58 PM |#59  

More
Quote:

If you have it installed as a user app, I'd suggest installing it as a system app. I no longer use Poweramp, but it's worked for me in the past. I use MX player and it definitely works.

Can you please tell me how to install as a System App ? I am noob when it comes to Android and need step by step guide. Thanks!

Edit: oh, ok I will follow your instructions in the first post.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Followed all the instructions but I don't find these lines at all in /system/build.prop on my Nexus 7 LTE and still the same issue. Stock Music Player works fine but PowerAMP and MX Player don't work (Not processing)

Quote:

Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

6th February 2014, 12:33 AM |#60  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9800pro

Followed all the instructions but I don't find these lines at all in /system/build.prop on my Nexus 7 LTE and still the same issue. Stock Music Player works fine but PowerAMP and MX Player don't work (Not processing)

Glad you found the instructions. When you minimize the window to check if it's processing in MX player, the movie stops. Therefore, V4A will say it's not processing. You actually have to be playing something to have it say "Processing". Put some heavy base and echo on in V4A and then play a movie. You should hear a dramatic difference.

EDIT: Using MoboPlayer's multiwindow player, I can show you that sound is being processed:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-18-59-46.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	2561587  
7th February 2014, 02:13 AM |#61  

More
Quote:

Glad you found the instructions. When you minimize the window to check if it's processing in MX player, the movie stops. Therefore, V4A will say it's not processing. You actually have to be playing something to have it say "Processing". Put some heavy base and echo on in V4A and then play a movie. You should hear a dramatic difference.

EDIT: Using MoboPlayer's multiwindow player, I can show you that sound is being processed:

I am using background play option with MX Player so that it continue playing while I check V4A. I've also used Dice Player and now MoboPlayer with a video window and it is still the same; No processing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)