Thanks Meter: 46

By makuu, Senior Member on 19th November 2009, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2009, 10:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coulomberic

Be patient, the Rapidshare FREE link will work eventually, wait some time then come back.
Flased to this new ROM last night. Aside from the honeycomb menu, anyone can post what else is worth upgrading for?

Yeh tell me about it, I was trying to download from like 9pm yesterday, and only managed to get a free slot around 2am in the morning.

22nd November 2009, 11:18 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightLord

Yeh tell me about it, I was trying to download from like 9pm yesterday, and only managed to get a free slot around 2am in the morning.

That's why you should use jdownloader, it'll keep trying until it succeed to download the file.
23rd November 2009, 06:58 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More

Roms (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch ( because it's lite it's no more "FingerUI"): classic lite release
A11: WM6.5.x Classic lite(28002) WWE
features:
--both IE6 Mobile and PIE are available.
--Showcase.
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
--a 450 Ko dking DKLogo slot, that you can use to customize the x51v Boot Logo with dking Dell Logo Utility. The slot is preloaded with default Dell boot screen, you can put a compressed image up to 450 Ko (to compare with the Dell original logo that weight 120 Ko compressed).
To add any other WM6.5 feature (like adobe flash) to the A11 rom try to use A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
--This branch has magnifier feature and new contact management.
This rom have a default page pool value of 3.2 Mo and will boot with more than 25 Mo free running with Titanium.
23rd November 2009, 09:56 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool
Wow Makuu!!!

I only just completed my benchmarking of E01 lite and see you have just released another new one!

Ok, while I'm here I might as well share my results briefly;

Comparing 5574 E01 Lite to the older 5574 A11 Pro on my 64MB X51v.
The E01 was slower in everything, only file listing of device memory and SD card was higher performance. CF card actually slowed down. Now that wouldn't be too bad, but my SD Card is a slow standard speed and my CF Card is a 266x beast, but with this ROM when file listing they perform the same. Video playback was down to same performance as other WM6.5 chefs ROMs. This could be because of smaller pagepool, would need someone to test different pagepool sizes to be sure.

I now need to test the 5574 A11 Lite ROM to get the full picture of extendir comparison.

At the moment I don't think I am getting the performance increase or it is too small to notice. Also, the X51v felt sluggish until I disabled Titanium, only had 23.xMB free after boot in the end. Didn't disable honeycomb as it was working quite nice and I find quickmenu not so 'quick' if you know what I mean.

I'll post again after I do some more testing tonight.

Wow, your new Rom (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch, sounds interesting. What is 'showcase' though, I remember the name just not what it is?
23rd November 2009, 10:04 PM |#15  

More
Hi Makuu,

Will you be adding your new ROM to your benchmarking spreadsheet?

Sorry I have not been testing ROMs sooner. I have been busy rebuilding some trucks and I am still not finished. So I am a little caught up at the moment. Hopefully I can free myself up soon as I don't want to get too far behind.

Cheers,
Dan.
23rd November 2009, 10:13 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
I've removed the download link because there's a bug in the contact application. I need to investigate why this bug appears at the en d of the rom finalization.
23rd November 2009, 11:24 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makuu

I've removed the download link because there's a bug in the contact application. I need to investigate why this bug appears at the en d of the rom finalization.

Shame, looks like I get to test the A11 lite instead tonight then . Thanks Makuu, and hopefully you'll get that sorted soon.

PS: with the E01 lite, I noticed my .pdf viewing was smoother and alot nicer to use than the older A11 pro, not sure if that is because of the extendir. Will know more soon.
24th November 2009, 08:00 AM |#18  
Flag Tricity, PL
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any chance for doing it also for x50v? (like 6.1 VOIP)
24th November 2009, 08:17 AM |#19  

More
Hey Makuu, is that 'showcase' a task manager?
24th November 2009, 08:53 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes, it is.
24th November 2009, 01:07 PM |#21  

More
Exclamation
Makuu here are some benchmark results for you.

Comparing E01 Lite, A11 Lite, and A11 Pro against your 6.1 A09 Gold1.

All benchmarked using SKTools on 64MB X51v.

Higher numbers are better except for SKTools loading time which you want lower.

The TCPMP test is testing video playback, higher the better.

Key:
1. Straight Test means 'straight after ROM flash'
2. After Setup means 'after making OS how I like' (did include disabling titanium and honeycomb)
3. Auto means 'CPU set to Auto'
4. Max means 'CPU set to Max'

As you can see;
Extendir does increase 'file listing' but look at the slower 'device memory read' and 6.5.x Lite can't match the 6.1 quick loading time.

In real world testing;
E01 Lite = Slow Acceleration, Average Screen Tap Response, Average hand writing in Notes, Some Jitter in Games, Screen coruption on wakeup, No taskbar Clock, QuickMenu feels Slow, Average CFCard to Device copy.
A11 Lite = Good Acceleration, Good Screen Tap Response, Good hand writing in Notes, Some Jitter in Games, QuickMenu feels Good, No taskbar Clock, Average CFCard to Device copy.
A11 Pro = QuickMenu feels Slow, Good Screen Tap Response, didn't test any further as began testing the Lite ROMs but may do these tests in future.
A09 Gold1 = Slow Acceleration, Good Screen Tap Response, Good hand writing in Notes, Good in Games, Sometimes Screen Tap would register as a double tap and also would lose 'grip' while scrolling.

Last Message;
I like the free RAM after the Lite ROM flash. I think extendir is either waste of time for 64MB X51v or is not set to right MB to gain performance. You are on the right track with WM6.5.x ROMs and A11 Lite was a major step forward. Maybe tweaking the pagepool might get the performance a bit higher, with titanium and honeycomb disabled I had 31MB to 32MB free. Although untested, if pagepool was set to 5MB then probably 29MB free, but possibly better performance? (Just speculating).

Can't wait to try your next ROM!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lite Benchmarks.zip - [Click for QR Code] (188.4 KB, 115 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)