[Q] Transparent Bars in Kit Kat!

Search This thread

yattaro

Jun 27, 2013
Metairie
I really wanted the transparent bars in Kit Kat like higher-end devices and noticed the tweak many people were doing on other devices by editing their framework-res.apk to enable the feature. I checked this out in Hashcode's Cyanogenmod 11 builds and noticed that it is already done. The only thing left is to make ro.config.low_ram=true in build.prop false. I was worried this would cause stability problems considering we have exactly 512MB RAM but just from a visual standpoint (scrolling around, etc.) performance was actually boosted. My question is has anybody else tried doing the same thing? Any issues?
Here's some screenshots if anyone wants to see it:
Screenshot_2014-02-03-21-18-16.png

Screenshot_2014-02-03-21-18-30.png

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
I really wanted the transparent bars in Kit Kat like higher-end devices and noticed the tweak many people were doing on other devices by editing their framework-res.apk to enable the feature. I checked this out in Hashcode's Cyanogenmod 11 builds and noticed that it is already done. The only thing left is to make ro.config.low_ram=true in build.prop false. I was worried this would cause stability problems considering we have exactly 512MB RAM but just from a visual standpoint (scrolling around, etc.) performance was actually boosted. My question is has anybody else tried doing the same thing? Any issues?

I use twa_priv's kitkat, which achieves the transparent status bar and navigation bar. I can post a screenshot, but it looks like those you posted. His us the only kitkat that does it, and I have tried them all.

Reactions: yattaro

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
Screenshot

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391486677211.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391486677211.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 61

yattaro

Jun 27, 2013
Metairie
I use twa_priv's kitkat, which achieves the transparent status bar and navigation bar. I can post a screenshot, but it looks like those you posted. His us the only kitkat that does it, and I have tried them all.

I guess that all boils down to trying a bunch of different ROMs to see what does the job right. I would try experimenting a bit more but my only tablet at the moment is the KF. Missing the Asus Transformer I once had. Anyway I'll start trying some more tests on performance with ro.config.low_ram=false and all graphics options turned up just to see what the Kindle can really push out. :D

A

androvista

Wait. I did not get transparent bar in nightly or TWA_priv

Which build are you using?

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
I use twa_priv cm11 kitkat 4.4.2 sgt7 20140129 release. You must set graphics to hirez before the affect shows up. I did not edit anything, as the changes were available in settings after accessing dev stuff.

Under performance, activate "use high end graphics" I also use Apex launcher.

Last edited:
A

androvista

I use twa_priv cm11 kitkat 4.4.2 sgt7 20140129 release. You must set graphics to hirez before the affect shows up. I did not edit anything, as the changes were available in settings after accessing dev stuff.

Under performance, activate "use high end graphics" I also use Apex launcher.

Yup! That worked! Thanks!

A

androvista

@yattaro I tried the build.prop to false

Sent from my T.V running Windows 68

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

No problem

Sent from my T.V running Windows 68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.