System Deleted

Search This thread

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
I did a really stupid thing and I deleted system and internal memory...and when I did that i had no external sd mounted...I'm on scanno twrp 2.6.3.0 cand smb plz help me...I downloaded a rom and placed it to my sd card and mounted while in recovery ...but nothing happpend...I really need my tablet to work for tomorrow and the usb didn't work so i wanted to delete and reinstall everything...didn't expected to happen that...any solution? I installed twrp through terminal emulator so I don't know if fostboot wil work?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
I did a really stupid thing and I deleted system and internal memory...and when I did that i had no external sd mounted...I'm on scanno twrp 2.6.3.0 cand smb plz help me...I downloaded a rom and placed it to my sd card and mounted while in recovery ...but nothing happpend...I really need my tablet to work for tomorrow and the usb didn't work so i wanted to delete and reinstall everything...didn't expected to happen that...any solution? I installed twrp through terminal emulator so I don't know if fostboot wil work?
Did you try to plug a USB stick into the dock's USB port? You should be able to flash from there.
Not sure about TWRP as I am currently trying Phil'z recovery (though will go back probably).

If you want to try Phil'z you can flash that via fastboot from the bootloader screen (hold vol-down).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
Did you try to plug a USB stick into the dock's USB port? You should be able to flash from there.
Not sure about TWRP as I am currently trying Phil'z recovery (though will go back probably).

If you want to try Phil'z you can flash that via fastboot from the bootloader screen (hold vol-down).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I dont have dock...but when I plug into tablet's usb...my pc gives me "USB not recognized"

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
I dont have dock...but when I plug into tablet's usb...my pc gives me "USB not recognized"
Awww, a pity, the dock might have helped. Oh,well.
When you are in recovery, the tablet is not recognized by your PC? You should be able to use ADB in recovery.
Have you ever used ADB before? On Windows you might need to install the "USB naked drivers", just search for that (sorry, I am a Linux user).

If "adb devices" shows your serial number and "recovery", you can run "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard", of course replacing ROM.zip with the path to your favourite ROM. Then TWRP should find that file on the internal sdcard.

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
Awww, a pity, the dock might have helped. Oh,well.
When you are in recovery, the tablet is not recognized by your PC? You should be able to use ADB in recovery.
Have you ever used ADB before? On Windows you might need to install the "USB naked drivers", just search for that (sorry, I am a Linux user).

If "adb devices" shows your serial number and "recovery", you can run "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard", of course replacing ROM.zip with the path to your favourite ROM. Then TWRP should find that file on the internal sdcard.

I installed naked drivers...now ho can I enter in adb?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
I installed naked drivers...now ho can I enter in adb?
You should find an adb.exe somewhere, not sure where you can get a Windows version.
Better read up a little on how to use ADB under Windows, sorry again.
Once you have the adb.exe binary, you should be able to run the commands I gave in my last post.

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
You should find an adb.exe somewhere, not sure where you can get a Windows version.
Better read up a little on how to use ADB under Windows, sorry again.
Once you have the adb.exe binary, you should be able to run the commands I gave in my last post.

If my PC doesn't recognise my device how can I install naked drivers?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
If my PC doesn't recognise my device how can I install naked drivers?
As I understand it, you should install the naked drivers on your PC before plugging in your tablet. Installing the drivers on your PC does not require the device, but your PC should recognize the tablet once you have them installed. Maybe better to reboot the PC after installing the naked drivers, just to be on the safe side.

If the tablet is still not recognized, try another USB port or possibly another PC. If that won't work I am out of ideas, sorry. Never used ADB under Windows and under Linux it just works. Ahh, I remember people suggesting to run Linux in a VirtualBox and use ADB from there, might be a last resort. Maybe a Windows user looks into this thread and can help. ;)

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
As I understand it, you should install the naked drivers on your PC before plugging in your tablet. Installing the drivers on your PC does not require the device, but your PC should recognize the tablet once you have them installed. Maybe better to reboot the PC after installing the naked drivers, just to be on the safe side.

If the tablet is still not recognized, try another USB port or possibly another PC. If that won't work I am out of ideas, sorry. Never used ADB under Windows and under Linux it just works. Ahh, I remember people suggesting to run Linux in a VirtualBox and use ADB from there, might be a last resort. Maybe a Windows user looks into this thread and can help. ;)

How can I install naked drivers without device connected? everywhere it says that you need to be connected to install

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
How can I install naked drivers without device connected? everywhere it says that you need to be connected to install
Weird, but sorry again, never tried myself under Windows.

Well, if you can't use ADB, can you use fastboot when you go into the bootloader menu (vol-down)?
In that case you could flash the original Asus ROM via fastboot: download, unzip twice to find the blob and use fastboot to flash that. Once you booted into that you can install recovery again and then flash your favourite ROM.

Otherwise... no adb, no fastboot, external sdcard in the slot won't work and no dock... hmm, can't think of any other options right now, sorry!

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
Weird, but sorry again, never tried myself under Windows.

Well, if you can't use ADB, can you use fastboot when you go into the bootloader menu (vol-down)?
In that case you could flash the original Asus ROM via fastboot: download, unzip twice to find the blob and use fastboot to flash that. Once you booted into that you can install recovery again and then flash your favourite ROM.

Otherwise... no adb, no fastboot, external sdcard in the slot won't work and no dock... hmm, can't think of any other options right now, sorry!

If fastboot won't work...I'll buy a dock...

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
:)
I think there are also USB adapters you can plug into the tablet without a dock, might be cheaper.

And don't despair. Another Windows user should be able to help you getting either adb or fastboot to work. Or do a little more research, there have been tips and discussions on that all over the forum. As a Linux user I just didn't pay too much attention.

Reactions: aplopeanu

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
I think there are also USB adapters you can plug into the tablet without a dock, might be cheaper.

And don't despair. Another Windows user should be able to help you getting either adb or fastboot to work. Or do a little more research, there have been tips and discussions on that all over the forum. As a Linux user I just didn't pay too much attention.

Thanks...I'll look more carefully into this...I'm only afraid that my charging plug is damaged and that's why the pc doesn't recognised it...I'm not sure tough...if this is the case dock or usb adapters won't be helpfull at all right?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Thanks...I'll look more carefully into this...I'm only afraid that my charging plug is damaged and that's why the pc doesn't recognised it...I'm not sure tough...if this is the case dock or usb adapters won't be helpfull at all right?
Well, if the plug in the tablet is damaged, probably not, as they use the same plug. Might be your cable? A new USB/charging cable might help in that case. I also had a bad USB port in a PC once.
There are so many things involved, hardware and software. Hard to tell, where the bad link is.

Marksuperb

Feb 5, 2014
I did the same thing, i deleted my whole tablet but i´am still in twrp recovery. So i just download rom, send it to tablet memory, flash it and thats all ?

Last edited:

aplopeanu

Jun 8, 2012
After THE WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE i got so lucky at work today i can't stop laughing...the only thing i didn't try was starting my tablet with external sd mounted...TWRP recognised and i got to flash CM11...but i try a new charging plug from a co-worker nad i got the same thing...usb not recognised...seems my charging port is damaged...but still i have a working tablet

Marksuperb

Feb 5, 2014
well yea...depending on what twrp your on

Im on 2.5.0.0 TWRP, is that good ? And i have same problem as thread creator - PC didn´t recognize my tablet and i have installed android skd and adb utilities.

EDIT: microSD card works, i flash rom thanks to it. But iam scared when i restart and it wont work i didnt get back into recovery.
Thank god I made it. I formated only /sdcard data so i just install ROM from that folder and everything works properly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.