FORUMS

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,458 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,440

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2014, 11:14 AM |#5091  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja.ja

In phone I have mkv videos with dual language audio and I stream it to my TV. How to change audio to second audio stream ? Is it possible ?

Only possible through your TV's UI if it supports it.
5th February 2014, 11:48 AM |#5092  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkwoolsun

In Mezzmo i set the profile to bubbleupnp to mx player.

This works fine exposing the external .srt subs to bubbleupnp.

But mxplayer does not buffer as good as BSplayer giving me stutter.
BSplayer runs very smooth so i prefer the use of BSplayer.

But by selecting BSplayer i lose the external subtitles of my films.
Looking at the BSplayer it should support this right>?
Or should i request this at the BSplayer forum>?

http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-a...t-srt-end.html

would be awesome if bubbleupnp could support this

The method employed by BSPlayer to retrieve eventual subtitles cannot work with UPnP as the subtitle URL cannot be determined from the stream URL, most of the time.
MX Player allow to specify the subtitle URL in the launch intent.
So you may want to ask BS Player for a way to do the same.
5th February 2014, 11:54 AM |#5093  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugiber

Have i missed something? Have bubbleguum actually said that he will support Chromecast?
Unfortunately Chromecast doesn't support that many fileformats/codecs.
As far as I know you can forget about mkv, flac and other hq stuff. (I hope I'm wrong here.)
In any case, support for another renderer would not hurt.
Personally I'm more eager about the upcoming Spotify support.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Chromecast support is on the way although I'm still waiting for the SDK to be really available (Google is waiting for the required Google Play Services to be fully deployed on all devices before making the SDK available for download). So it will take several days.
Non natively supported Chromecast media will be optionnaly supported through transcoding with BubbleUPnP Server to compatible formats.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
5th February 2014, 12:13 PM |#5094  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Red face Okay
Super
5th February 2014, 12:27 PM |#5095  
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

Non natively supported Chromecast media will be optionnaly supported through transcoding with BubbleUPnP Server to compatible formats.

Is this server inside the BubbleUPnP app?
5th February 2014, 12:38 PM |#5096  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee 77

Is this server inside the BubbleUPnP app?

Nope, it is BubbleUPnP Server. That's required only when transcoding is required.
Otherwise BubbleUPnP the app has its own server for serving content that doesn't require transcoding.
5th February 2014, 01:58 PM |#5097  

More
Quote:

Can you tell me what tag you may be missing instead ?

Well, NO, not at this point!

You see, the reason for my asking is I'm trying to argue Petr Nedjely into changing the way he does tags in Serviio. Which is using upnp 1.0 and seems not to fit in with any of my control points..

So, currently I'm just trying to find out what the various renderers, control points and servers for UPnP-AV (and openhome???) out there are doing with tags, to have a more reasonable basis for talking to Petr.

Later, much later, I might ask very politely for some addition or change, but right now that would be premature.

Thanks in advance!
5th February 2014, 04:58 PM |#5098  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Keep screen on
Hi,

I use your app to control my Naim network streamer. I also have the problem described by some others that with screen off track advance stops after a couple of tracks. In the android settings wifi standby is disabled. Altough the problem is probably not due to your app but due to android, it would be great if you could offer the "keep screen on" option for the now playing screen also when the tablet (or phone) is not plugged. Absolutely perfect would be if the screen is kept on with reduced brightness for saving a bit of battery. Maybe this would not only be loved by those having my problem but also by some who like to see always which track is playing.

Best wishes from Germany,

Müsli
5th February 2014, 06:13 PM |#5099  

More
Default cover image download error
I am browsing the "BubbleUPnP Media Server (XT1032)" (1.7.7.1) on Motorola Moto G (Android 4.4.2) from a remote DMP.
I go into 'Local Media Server->Music->Albums->CertainAlbum'. The 'CertainAlbum' does not have it's original cover. Default image is used in the app.
Now the DMP tries to fetch cover images from the URI exposed in metadata. HTTP GET from ip:57645/external/audio/albums/15.jpg returns HTTP error 404: "Not found". Same result when browsing using Chrome.
When browsing another album with existing cover image from ip:57645/external/audio/albums/4.jpg everything is fine.
I've gone through all possible settings in the app to see if anything makes difference. "Allowed remote clients" setting is empty, remote browsing of local content is all enabled.
Is this an error is the app? Is the metadata directing to a false URI? I expect the album art tag to be empty if no cover is not available. Or an URI to the default cover.
Thanks in advance.
5th February 2014, 07:11 PM |#5100  

More
Quote:

No but make sure port 1900 used for discovery is opened for UDP (and not TCP).

Thx but the original (not working) setup is already:
Port 1900 UDP only, Ports 58051, 58051 are TCP Ports.

I played again around in the synology firewall if I open the Ports for the Synology inbuilt apllications and services it does not help, just if I open all the Syno ports the openhome renderer appears in bubbleup for android.

5th February 2014, 08:55 PM |#5101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

If BubbleUPnP can see your LinnDS, so will BubbleDS. So try with BubbleUPnP.
There's no ethernet on the Galaxy Note so I'm not sure what you mean with that.
But BubleUPnP surely handle ethernet connectivity (GoogleTV, ...).

Yes, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 hasn't ethernet device inside it. But it is possible to compile a kernel to handle ethernet over usb dongle. Thus, it works well with firefox and console network commands. But Kinsky, the Linn's control point, doesn't see the NAS and the Linn DS even if they are on the same network, and even if the NAS and the DS can be seen by KinskyDesktop run on Mac or Linux.

I have activated Multicast and flushed iptables, with route adds, without success so far.

I'll try BubleUPnP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)