FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

System Deleted

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 28
 
By aplopeanu, Senior Member on 5th February 2014, 01:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2014, 03:01 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m

Weird, but sorry again, never tried myself under Windows.

Well, if you can't use ADB, can you use fastboot when you go into the bootloader menu (vol-down)?
In that case you could flash the original Asus ROM via fastboot: download, unzip twice to find the blob and use fastboot to flash that. Once you booted into that you can install recovery again and then flash your favourite ROM.

Otherwise... no adb, no fastboot, external sdcard in the slot won't work and no dock... hmm, can't think of any other options right now, sorry!

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

If fastboot won't work...I'll buy a dock...
 
 
5th February 2014, 03:07 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 410
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu

If fastboot won't work...I'll buy a dock...


I think there are also USB adapters you can plug into the tablet without a dock, might be cheaper.

And don't despair. Another Windows user should be able to help you getting either adb or fastboot to work. Or do a little more research, there have been tips and discussions on that all over the forum. As a Linux user I just didn't pay too much attention.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to f69m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift f69m Ad-Free
5th February 2014, 03:16 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m


I think there are also USB adapters you can plug into the tablet without a dock, might be cheaper.

And don't despair. Another Windows user should be able to help you getting either adb or fastboot to work. Or do a little more research, there have been tips and discussions on that all over the forum. As a Linux user I just didn't pay too much attention.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Thanks...I'll look more carefully into this...I'm only afraid that my charging plug is damaged and that's why the pc doesn't recognised it...I'm not sure tough...if this is the case dock or usb adapters won't be helpfull at all right?
5th February 2014, 03:27 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 410
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu

Thanks...I'll look more carefully into this...I'm only afraid that my charging plug is damaged and that's why the pc doesn't recognised it...I'm not sure tough...if this is the case dock or usb adapters won't be helpfull at all right?

Well, if the plug in the tablet is damaged, probably not, as they use the same plug. Might be your cable? A new USB/charging cable might help in that case. I also had a bad USB port in a PC once.
There are so many things involved, hardware and software. Hard to tell, where the bad link is.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 04:09 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 3,284
 
Donate to Me
More
OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu

Thanks...I'll look more carefully into this...I'm only afraid that my charging plug is damaged and that's why the pc doesn't recognised it...I'm not sure tough...if this is the case dock or usb adapters won't be helpfull at all right?

What OS is your PC??
5th February 2014, 10:28 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

What OS is your PC??

I tried on 2 different pc's, one with windows 8 and one with windows 7...i get the same thing
5th February 2014, 11:30 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I did the same thing, i deleted my whole tablet but i´am still in twrp recovery. So i just download rom, send it to tablet memory, flash it and thats all ?
5th February 2014, 11:37 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
After THE WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE i got so lucky at work today i can't stop laughing...the only thing i didn't try was starting my tablet with external sd mounted...TWRP recognised and i got to flash CM11...but i try a new charging plug from a co-worker nad i got the same thing...usb not recognised...seems my charging port is damaged...but still i have a working tablet
5th February 2014, 11:37 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksuperb

I did the same thing, i deleted my whole tablet but i´am still in twrp recovery. So i just download rom, send it to tablet memory, flash it and thats all ?

well yea...depending on what twrp your on
5th February 2014, 02:27 PM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu

well yea...depending on what twrp your on

Im on 2.5.0.0 TWRP, is that good ? And i have same problem as thread creator - PC didn´t recognize my tablet and i have installed android skd and adb utilities.

EDIT: microSD card works, i flash rom thanks to it. But iam scared when i restart and it wont work i didnt get back into recovery.
Thank god I made it. I formated only /sdcard data so i just install ROM from that folder and everything works properly.
5th February 2014, 06:29 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksuperb

Im on 2.5.0.0 TWRP, is that good ? And i have same problem as thread creator - PC didn´t recognize my tablet and i have installed android skd and adb utilities.

EDIT: microSD card works, i flash rom thanks to it. But iam scared when i restart and it wont work i didnt get back into recovery.
Thank god I made it. I formated only /sdcard data so i just install ROM from that folder and everything works properly.

with twrp works cromi if i know well...im on 2.6.3.0 for kk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes