FORUMS

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2014, 11:16 PM |#1151  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

I think you still have to resign the APK after making any changes.

I found an easier way. Since com.parrot.activesources uses the same signature as the Smart com.parrot.mediaplayer, I looked it up in packages.xml:
Code:
<package name="com.parrot.activesources" codePath="/system/app/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk" nativeLibraryPath="/data/data/com.parrot.activesources/lib" flags="1" ft="14319f5c208" it="14319f5c317" ut="14319f5c317" version="1" userId="10085">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="0" key="308..." />
</sigs>
</package>
So it is using cert index="0", so I changed the com.parrot shared user definition:
Code:
<shared-user name="com.parrot" userId="10005">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="0" />
</sigs>
Basically, just change the cert index from "1" to "0". Now the Smart com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk installs and runs just fine!

It looks much nicer than the SCT version! Larger artwork, and scrolling text, yes!

The question I have now is: how do I select a playlist or album? In the menu of the media player I have these options:
  • Source (starts ActiveSources)
  • AudioFX (does not work)
  • Current list (shows current playlist?)
  • Cover (displays/hides cover)
  • Random (toggles random)
  • Repetition (toggles repeat)
So where are the playlist, artist and album lists?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RichieB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichieB Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 12:35 AM |#1152  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

I found an easier way. Since com.parrot.activesources uses the same signature as the Smart com.parrot.mediaplayer, I looked it up in packages.xml:

Code:
<package name="com.parrot.activesources" codePath="/system/app/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk" nativeLibraryPath="/data/data/com.parrot.activesources/lib" flags="1" ft="14319f5c208" it="14319f5c317" ut="14319f5c317" version="1" userId="10085">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="0" key="308..." />
</sigs>
</package>
So it is using cert index="0", so I changed the com.parrot shared user definition:
Code:
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="0" />
</sigs>
Basically, just change the cert index from "1" to "0". Now the Smart com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk installs and runs just fine!

Nice job! I'm going to have to remember that trick.

Quote:

It looks much nicer than the SCT version! Larger artwork, and scrolling text, yes!

Now that you mention it. What did the original SCT version look like?

Quote:

The question I have now is: how do I select a playlist or album? In the menu of the media player I have these options:

• Source (starts ActiveSources)
  • AudioFX (does not work)
  • Current list (shows current playlist?)
  • Cover (displays/hides cover)
  • Random (toggles random)
  • Repetition (toggles repeat)
So where are the playlist, artist and album lists?

Well on the Asteroid Smart, there's two ways.... "Media Reco" which is a part of the com.parrot.voicereco.apk that allows us to say the name of the Artist OR the Source which has a [Browse] button on the right of each source. Picture of is attached on Post #942.

I believe that com.parrot.audiosettings.apk is AudioFX so I attached it to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.parrot.audiosettings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.32 MB, 56 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 05:52 AM |#1153  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Gogole announced today that it will analyze traffic and will propose actively better routes in Google maps. Will the version supported on the SCT also get this function?
6th February 2014, 07:22 AM |#1154  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Nice job! I'm going to have to remember that trick.

I first tried to include both index 0 and 1. This did not work. I think Google removed the option to have multiple certificates for a single shared user from Android for security reasons. I believe the reason this trick works is that although com.parrot (userId 10005) is set as a shared user for com.parrot.mediaplayer there is no other app that uses this userId. Or at least there is no other sharedUserId="10005" in packages.xml. If there was another app, it would now probably not work anymore because I changed the certificate for the com.parrot user..

Quote:

Now that you mention it. What did the original SCT version look like?

Sorry, I'm not going to put the old one back just for a screenshot. Since I changed my DPI it would not have been representative anymore anyway. Hopefully some other SCT can post a screenshot.

Quote:

Well on the Asteroid Smart, there's two ways.... "Media Reco" which is a part of the com.parrot.voicereco.apk that allows us to say the name of the Artist OR the Source which has a [Browse] button on the right of each source.

SCT has the voice recognition stuff too. Since I mainly use playlists, I don't use it at all. It was the [Browse] button I was looking for, thanks. Volvo messed up the Media Player UI really bad. I already thought so, but now I see the original I know for sure. My main issues with the SCT Media Player that work correctly in the Smart version:
  1. Very small artwork that fades into the background.
  2. Long titles/artists/album names do not scroll.
  3. The Current List feature is broken. Instead of the current playlist, the Browse window is shown
  4. The menu button does not work. All options have to be selected on screen with relatively small icons. Very unsafe.
  5. No easy way to switch sources. You always need to go to ACU Home first.
I'll write an E-mail to the Volvo CEM department about this. This is so stupid of them.

Quote:

I believe that com.parrot.audiosettings.apk is AudioFX so I attached it to this post.

Great, I will try this later today. Thanks!
6th February 2014, 11:16 AM |#1155  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

Sorry, I'm not going to put the old one back just for a screenshot. Since I changed my DPI it would not have been representative anymore anyway. Hopefully some other SCT can post a screenshot.

In my video - two pages back - you will see it (shortly...) A little distorted, since there is no tiny cover art en the DPI is set to 200.
Following your progress, cause I really would love to have it... although still not perfect, I agree that it is so much better then default UI.
Does this change the UI of Spotify as well, since it uses sort of the same interface?
6th February 2014, 12:19 PM |#1156  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

Does this change the UI of Spotify as well, since it uses sort of the same interface?

I don't use Spotify, but it changes the UI of TuneIn as well, so I'm quite sure the UI of Spotify will be changed also. TuneIn does look a little different than playing mp3s though:

Interestingly, now that the Android menu button works, there is "Station details" option that lets you see info about the stream such as programming information. I never noticed this before. Is this option available in the stock SCT media player?
---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote:

It seems we also need the AudioFXManager for this to work:
Code:
W/dalvikvm( 3020): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.parrot.asteroid.audio.effects.AudioFXManager.setAudioEffectsDefaultsValues
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.parrot.audiosettings.AudioSettingsApplication.createAudioFXManager(AudioSettingsApplication.java:83)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.parrot.audiosettings.AudioSettingsApplication.onCreate(AudioSettingsApplication.java:43)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:969)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:3275)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:117)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:969)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3686)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Looking at the AndroidManifest.xml I see some interesting intents/activities:
Code:
com.parrot.loudnesssettings
.BalanceFaderActivity
.SubwooferActivity
.EqualizerActivity
.CarSpatializationActivity
I don't think this is much use for SCT. SCT is connected to Sensus which has an amplifier including balance, equalizer, etc settings. In SCT even changing the volume in apps doesn't do anything. So I doubt that even if we could get com.parrot.audiosettings.apk to work it would actually change the audio.
6th February 2014, 12:36 PM |#1157  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
And we problably don't really need it for the obvious reasons. We have enough audio settings within Sensus.

So if I understand correctly I first have to change packages.xml through ABD before installing the apk Donald provided, or do we just change the apk?

And I can't mention enough how I appreciate all your efforts. It's a good thing you decided to get SCT after all.
6th February 2014, 01:00 PM |#1158  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

So if I understand correctly I first have to change packages.xml through ABD before installing the apk Donald provided?

Yes, you edit /data/system/packages.xml, look for:
Code:
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="1" />
</sigs>
And just change the index to "0":
Code:
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="0" />
</sigs>
Make sure not to add newlines using a brain dead Windows editor.
Then you rename the orignal com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk:
Code:
remount.sh system-rw
cd /system/app
mv com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk.bak
Now #reboot# and install the com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk that @donaldta provided.

Quote:

It's a good thing you decided to get SCT after all.

I'm not too disappointed myself. With this new media player one of my biggest frustrations is gone. If I could only get it to accept all my 45.000 mp3 files, it would be close to perfect.
6th February 2014, 01:44 PM |#1159  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

It seems we also need the AudioFXManager for this to work:

Code:
W/dalvikvm( 3020): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.parrot.asteroid.audio.effects.AudioFXManager.setAudioEffectsDefaultsValues
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.parrot.audiosettings.AudioSettingsApplication.createAudioFXManager(AudioSettingsApplication.java:83)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.parrot.audiosettings.AudioSettingsApplication.onCreate(AudioSettingsApplication.java:43)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:969)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:3275)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:117)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:969)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3686)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3020): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Looking at the AndroidManifest.xml I see some interesting intents/activities:
Code:
com.parrot.loudnesssettings
.BalanceFaderActivity
.SubwooferActivity
.EqualizerActivity
.CarSpatializationActivity
I don't think this is much use for SCT. SCT is connected to Sensus which has an amplifier including balance, equalizer, etc settings. In SCT even changing the volume in apps doesn't do anything. So I doubt that even if we could get com.parrot.audiosettings.apk to work it would actually change the audio.

Quote:

And we problably don't really need it for the obvious reasons. We have enough audio settings within Sensus.

It doesn't hurt to try though.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.parrot.audiosettings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.32 MB, 24 views)
6th February 2014, 02:06 PM |#1160  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Make sure not to add newlines using a brain dead Windows editor.

At the risk of @donaldta coming up with a much simpler solution, here is an awk script to edit packages.xml on the device, ruling out any problems with newlines, etc.
Code:
cd /data/system
awk '/shared-user name="com.parrot" userId="10005"/ { uid=1 } uid==1 && /index=/ { uid=0; $2="index=\"0\"" } { print }' packages.xml > packages.xml.new
mv packages.xml packages.xml.bak
mv packages.xml.new packages.xml

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote:

It doesn't hurt to try though.

Isn't this the same file as you posted in Post #1152?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:

OK, a little video update. [snip] You will also see some of the great apk's from RitchieB and Donald, concerning USB audio selection.

Nice video. Very cool to see my USBMusic apk running on someone else's SCT.
6th February 2014, 02:43 PM |#1161  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Isn't this the same file as you posted in Post #1152?

Yep. I wasn't thinking. Just saw "at com.parrot.audiosettings.AudioSettingsApplication.createAudioFXManager(AudioSettingsApplication.java:83)". Which is part of the package. Have you checked /data/data/com.parrot.audiosettings if there are any mislinked files? Because there are no packages called, "AudioFXManager ". Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Ohhh... now that my mind is clearing up a little from waking up "com.parrot.asteroid.audio.effects.AudioFXManager.setAudioEffectsDefau ltsValues". This might be a class of /system/framework/com.parrot.asteroid.jar as noted in /etc/permissions/com.parrot.asteroid.xml file. Not sure if you want to try it but I've attached it.

BTW, have you considered downloading the PLF for the Asteroid Smart? Seems to me that it might benefit you the most if you a copy of the potential files that you can merge into the SCT.
Attached Files
File Type: jar com.parrot.asteroid.jar - [Click for QR Code] (278.6 KB, 14 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)