Problem trying to flash Android Revolution

Search This thread

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
Hey there

I am trying to flash Android Revolution 51.0 (found at the top of the list here http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co.uk/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html) but am experienceing a problem.

When I start to flash (via CWM) it the freezes on a screen that says "press next to continue the installation". The button just doesn't press and I have to hard reboot. When the phone boots up it's just back to 4.2.2

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
Hey there

I am trying to flash Android Revolution 51.0 (found at the top of the list here http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co.uk/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html) but am experienceing a problem.

When I start to flash (via CWM) it the freezes on a screen that says "press next to continue the installation". The button just doesn't press and I have to hard reboot. When the phone boots up it's just back to 4.2.2

Thanks

So I got it to work but now I'm stuuck on the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Why did I get into this!?

Last edited:

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
Are you s-off?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Nope, S-On. I cleared the cache by a command prompt in windows and managed to get into recovery and load a nandroid in CWM. So I'm back to where I started before trying to flash Revolution.

I just want to update to the lastest version of Android available for my model. I'd love to unroot and return to stock but so far I have not been able to follow the guides I have found as they require S-OFF. If someone can show me a way to return to stock I will bow down and hail you as the all knowing Android God that you are!

I'm in the UK and on O2.

My HBOOT Screen reads:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLCOKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-4A.17 3250.14
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
OS-2.24.206.7
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Aug 6 2013,11:26:00.0

Thank you massively in advance.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Nope, S-On. I cleared the cache by a command prompt in windows and managed to get into recovery and load a nandroid in CWM. So I'm back to where I started before trying to flash Revolution.

I just want to update to the lastest version of Android available for my model. I'd love to unroot and return to stock but so far I have not been able to follow the guides I have found as they require S-OFF. If someone can show me a way to return to stock I will bow down and hail you as the all knowing Android God that you are!

I'm in the UK and on O2.

My HBOOT Screen reads:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLCOKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-4A.17 3250.14
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
OS-2.24.206.7
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Both options will require s-off. You should flash arhd 31.6 then s-off with rumrunner. After either flash arhd 51 or go back to stock

Reactions: Mpsya

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
Both options will require s-off. You should flash arhd 31.6 then s-off with rumrunner. After either flash arhd 51 or go back to stock

Thank you.

I don't really want to install Revolution if I can avoid it. Can I just S-Off with Rimrunner without first installing arhd 31.?

alray

May 22, 2012
Thank you.

I don't really want to install Revolution if I can avoid it. Can I just S-Off with Rimrunner without first installing arhd 31.?

If you have a working rom yes. I was suggesting arhd 31.6 because everything is already included in the rom tp successfuly s-off (rooted + unsecured kernel)

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
If you have a working rom yes. I was suggesting arhd 31.6 because everything is already included in the rom tp successfuly s-off (rooted + unsecured kernel)

Thank you.

The whole Rumrunner thing just seems so complicated. I just don't trust myself to get it right.

alray

May 22, 2012
Thank you.

The whole Rumrunner thing just seems so complicated. I just don't trust myself to get it right.

btw there is no RUU for your version. So if you want to go back to stock you'll need to do it from a Nandroid backup. Rumrunner shouldn't be hard to use if you follow the guide step by step. However if you feel you can't do it atm, just don't mess with your phone and take the time to read all you will need to know before.

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
btw there is no RUU for your version. So if you want to go back to stock you'll need to do it from a Nandroid backup. Rumrunner shouldn't be hard to use if you follow the guide step by step. However if you feel you can't do it atm, just don't mess with your phone and take the time to read all you will need to know before.

I think the lack of RUU is what stopped me dgoing ahead when I looked into this before.

When you say to do it from a Nandroid back up, where would I get this from? A previous one on my phone? Sorry for the stupid questions!

alray

May 22, 2012
That's great. Thank you.

At what point of the Rumrunner process do I use this?

I massively appreciate the help.

you don't have to use it to s-off, it sonly a backup in case you must go back to stock. S-off is required if you want to flash arhd 51 or if you want to complete go back to stock (remove bootloader tempered flag and set to LOCKED instead of RELOCKED)

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
you don't have to use it to s-off, it sonly a backup in case you must go back to stock. S-off is required if you want to flash arhd 51 or if you want to complete go back to stock (remove bootloader tempered flag and set to LOCKED instead of RELOCKED)

Oh man, I'm really confused. I should have definitely looked into all this more before rooting. Ha.

Is arhd 31.6 Kitkat? I can't find a link.

EDIT: Found one, it's Jelly Bean. Is there anyway I can update to KitKat? arhd 51.0 didn't work as previously mentioned.

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
Oh man, I'm really confused. I should have definitely looked into all this more before rooting. Ha.

Is arhd 31.6 Kitkat? I can't find a link.

EDIT: Found one, it's Jelly Bean. Is there anyway I can update to KitKat? arhd 51.0 didn't work as previously mentioned.

yes arhd 51 didn worked because you need s-off and your best chance to s-off is tu use arhd 31.6 first

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
OK. I have flashed 31.6, used Rumrunner to gain S-Off and removed the Tampered flag.

I would now love to unroot, re-lock and go back to stock. I know I have to use the nandroid file Alray linked me to earlier in this thread but I'm not certain on the process. Please could someone help me out?

Thanks

Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
wtf... this exercise was for what ?? how about you look around a few threads how to go back to stock..

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
wtf... this exercise was for what ?? how about you look around a few threads how to go back to stock..

Thanks for the reply. The excercise is so that I can return to stock. I've looked round loads of threads and (as I have previously confessed) have been left a bit stumped. That's why I have very politely asked if someone could help me out.

Thanks.

Uxepro

Oct 18, 2013
Impruneta
Hey there

Thanks

Man, i don't know why this guys made you s-off and everything.

You don't need S-off to install ARHD. The only thing you was doing wrong was using CWM. To install 4.2.2 android rom you need TWRP 2.6.3.3 or higher.

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm in the UK and on O2.

My HBOOT Screen reads:

*** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLCOKED ***
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.54.0000
    RADIO-4A.17 3250.14
    OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
    OS-2.24.206.7
    eMMC-boot 2048MB

Thank you.

Thank you.

I think the lack of RUU is what stopped me dgoing ahead when I looked into this before.

When you say to do it from a Nandroid back up, where would I get this from? A previous one on my phone? Sorry for the stupid questions!

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-nandroid-backup-cid-o2__102-1-27-206-1-2013-03-30-zip/
    That's great. Thank you.

At what point of the Rumrunner process do I use this?

I massively appreciate the help.