List of 4.4.2 KitKat Roms for Hercules with working video camcorder and GPS?

Search This thread
Jan 20, 2014
Oakland
I'm hoping some of you fine folks can help me find a 4.4.2 KitKat Rom for Hercules with working video camcorder and GPS.

Have been using SlimKat for the last month. It's a great super smooth Rom, but lacks working video and GPS.

Thanks.

Jan 20, 2014
Oakland
Carbon has working video and gps if you dont mind doing the camera fix

cool thanks, was able to dl from the carbon website.
here is the link to the feb 5th nightly:
http://download.carbon-rom.com/files/hercules/nightly/CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140205-0253-hercules.zip

artfuldodger's post about the camera fix from the carbonrom page:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50026531&postcount=130
he used the gallery2.apk from official AOKP 4.3 rom

hope to try this out this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koragg618
Jan 20, 2014
Oakland
Made a nandroid backup and dirty flashed Carbon Rom over SlimKat because I was lazy and heard mention that you could do this with 4.4.2 roms. Worked beautifully. Have working video camera and GPS now! Set it to 720p and it worked out of the box. No camera fix was needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Koragg618

cm6966

Feb 7, 2014
Made a nandroid backup and dirty flashed Carbon Rom over SlimKat because I was lazy and heard mention that you could do this with 4.4.2 roms. Worked beautifully. Have working video camera and GPS now! Set it to 720p and it worked out of the box. No camera fix was needed.

thanks trying to download with super slow speed now

nevermind used flashget and it helped

Last edited:

dom2684

May 25, 2008
Brownsville
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

yea I noticed some people were able to get it working straight out of flashing the rom , As for me the camera would record but the video would end up just being not viewable at all which made me do the camera fix

Jan 20, 2014
Oakland
Flashget is a download manager for Firefox, I believe. You can check out download them all as well. Both are great Dl managers for Firefox. Only reason I still use ff over chrome and safari.

Reactions: hatememarkz
Jan 20, 2014
Oakland
My 720p worked with no fix. Just tried 1080p but it was just green bands. No idea if doing the fix will get 1080 working, but all the posts I've read say 720 only.

HarryCooter

Jan 19, 2014
I've been using CM 11 nightly 2-5 with working camcorder and GPS. Been using it since it was released with no FC's. Been thinking of flashing the latest carbon ROM after reading about it...sounds like a good one.

theneedhamwrath

Jun 14, 2012
I've been using CM 11 nightly 2-5 with working camcorder and GPS. Been using it since it was released with no FC's. Been thinking of flashing the latest carbon ROM after reading about it...sounds like a good one.

I had GPS issues with this rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

johnyb1983_

Feb 13, 2014
halifax
2 best working roms

I'm hoping some of you fine folks can help me find a 4.4.2 KitKat Rom for Hercules with working video camcorder and GPS.

Have been using SlimKat for the last month. It's a great super smooth Rom, but lacks working video and GPS.

Thanks.

roms for sgh-t989 a.k.a. hercules .. is 1) illusion 4.2.2 and 2) hellkat 4.4.2 2014/02/23, the only thing with hellkat is you will need to download a cam and delete the system one .. i downloaded "a better camera" from piratebay.. best i've ever used

also the extra options on hellkat like build prop and int tweaks dont seem to stay checked so i assume they dont work .. but for kitkat 4.4.2 for sgh t989 this runs smooth .. i havent found any other kitkat rom that runs smooth .. most of them when you turn the screen on it lags for 30 seconds

Last edited:

jondoe27

Mar 16, 2014
Rom Port Beanstalk hercules-4.4.2 Unofficial [ 1 2 ]
Thread By: soundsofmath

1080p camera/video works out of the box .Tested with a stock "Camera" and "Quick ShotMX" (or smth like that).

ryh2013

Mar 7, 2014
You can always use a 3rd party camera. Google camera is alright

ryh2013

Mar 7, 2014
CM finally fixed this issue, but be advised to use an updated kernel.

Top Liked Posts