FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2014, 03:13 AM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
I did it through google + settings and add account

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to davekaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davekaz Ad-Free

6th February 2014, 06:57 PM |#242  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekaz

I did it through google + settings and add account

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That worked for me, confirmed!
6th February 2014, 09:36 PM |#243  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Installed on Stock Rom Working
For anyone who wants to know. I have a 32GB Kindle HDX 8.9. I rooted my kindle then used KindleFree to install google services. I installed the XPosed mod without safestrap and everything is working without issues. I have not had a single problem with mine. All google apps including google hangouts and google+ work. I have not tried gmail as I prefer the default mail client so I have not installed gmail and I probably wont but everything else is working.

Edit: I forgot to mention that all of the amazon services are working as well. I can download and install apps from both the playstore and the amazon store, watch movies, download books, download and listen to music and download documents. I haven't had any problems with any services for amazon or google not working. The only unknown for me is gmail but like I said earlier I prefer the default mail client so I have not tried gmail.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BroncoAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BroncoAG Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 11:18 PM |#244  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
so I have GAPPS running using GSLEON1's method. Everything works fine, except when I purchase books/newsstand content it never downloads, it's just forever queued.

I don't have a stock rom to restore to and the changing of build.prop is not triggering an update. Any ideas how I can get xposed framework on my kindle so it works? My understanding is the previous method moved some apk's around and installing xposed framework won't work unless I start from stock? any one have a stock rom I can restore to?
6th February 2014, 11:20 PM |#245  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypted

so I have GAPPS running using GSLEON1's method. Everything works fine, except when I purchase books/newsstand content it never downloads, it's just forever queued.

I don't have a stock rom to restore to and the changing of build.prop is not triggering an update. Any ideas how I can get xposed framework on my kindle so it works? My understanding is the previous method moved some apk's around and installing xposed framework won't work unless I start from stock? any one have a stock rom I can restore to?

A clean stock rom is in the op. Check the link.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
7th February 2014, 12:17 AM |#246  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Cowboy

A clean stock rom is in the op. Check the link.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I must be blind, I don't see a link to a stock rom in the op. only to thor_gapps and xposed framework posts.
7th February 2014, 12:21 AM |#247  

More
Quote:

I must be blind, I don't see a link to a stock rom in the op. only to thor_gapps and xposed framework posts.

My bad, I posted it in mine and got confused which thread I was in. It's actually in the Safestrap post by Hashcode. You can also check the thread that I started (video tutorial for gapps).
7th February 2014, 12:27 AM |#248  

More
Quote:

My bad, I posted it in mine and got confused which thread I was in. It's actually in the Safestrap post by Hashcode. You can also check the thread that I started (video tutorial for gapps).

Will that work for 8.9" that's in your post? I should of been clear earlier.

nevermind - its only for the 7". Does anyone have the 8.9 stock rom?
7th February 2014, 12:35 AM |#249  

More
Quote:

Will that work for 8.9" that's in your post? I should of been clear earlier.

nevermind - its only for the 7". Does anyone have the 8.9 stock rom?

All you have to do is go into your stock slot. Make a backup. Then in rom-slot restore the backup then wipe data. That's a clean stock rom to start.
7th February 2014, 01:37 AM |#250  

More
Quote:

All you have to do is go into your stock slot. Make a backup. Then in rom-slot restore the backup then wipe data. That's a clean stock rom to start.

My stock rom is not stock. I've modified it with GSLEON's root/gapps. I did it before safestrap was available/or before I knew I about it. So backing it up/restoring it doesn't help me. I need to somehow start with a stock rom so I can get xposed going.
7th February 2014, 01:41 AM |#251  

More
Quote:

My stock rom is not stock. I've modified it with GSLEON's root/gapps. I did it before safestrap was available/or before I knew I about it. So backing it up/restoring it doesn't help me. I need to somehow start with a stock rom so I can get xposed going.

I don't have a 8.9 to help. But if you don't find anyone else than download the OS from the Amazon software site. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201357220. Haschode had mentioned in another thread that you can just convert it to a zip file (currently its a bin file) and should be flashable. But don't hold me to that. Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)