Speaker buzzing

Search This thread

afkool

Apr 26, 2013
Just a heads up if anyone else has this problem. My speaker started buzzing. It would happen only at certain frequencies but always when hearing a dial tone with the speaker phone on at full volume. I brought it to Verizon and they send me a replacement. Of course, the replacement was a certified used and not brand new, wasn't exactly happy about that.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Just a heads up if anyone else has this problem. My speaker started buzzing. It would happen only at certain frequencies but always when hearing a dial tone with the speaker phone on at full volume. I brought it to Verizon and they send me a replacement. Of course, the replacement was a certified used and not brand new, wasn't exactly happy about that.

Next time, send it in to HTC...might be covered under warranty repair. They replace the part, not the phone.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

afkool

Apr 26, 2013
Next time, send it in to HTC...might be covered under warranty repair. They replace the part, not the phone.

Oh, hmm I never thought of that. I figured I had to do it through Verizon. I actually still haven't sent back the phone I wonder if it's worth trying to warranty repair it at this point.

Will HTC care that it's unlocked and rooted? Do they provide a loaner?

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Oh, hmm I never thought of that. I figured I had to do it through Verizon. I actually still haven't sent back the phone I wonder if it's worth trying to warranty repair it at this point.

Will HTC care that it's unlocked and rooted? Do they provide a loaner?

You have to follow the steps in the Return to Stock S-on thread but you can leave your phone s-off. They won't provide a loaner but mine was in for camera repair and it took 5 days total. I would do an online chat to see if the speaker issue is covered.

afkool

Apr 26, 2013
You have to follow the steps in the Return to Stock S-on thread but you can leave your phone s-off. They won't provide a loaner but mine was in for camera repair and it took 5 days total. I would do an online chat to see if the speaker issue is covered.

Great, thanks for the info.

afkool

Apr 26, 2013
So, turns out the refurbished phone I got from Verizon had a purple camera...Decided not to stick with it and kept my original for warranty repair. Took them about a week to get it back to me. Unfortunately, they automatically upgraded it to 4.4 so now I can't root it. UGH. I contacted them after and said they would not downgrade the software. I guess this is a warning for others looking to have their speakers or other work done.

afkool

Apr 26, 2013
Woohoo! Back to rooted, unlocked, and s-off! Glad I made the decision to go with the HTC warranty repair. Nice to have the original phone I purchased and not something in an unknown state of quality.