Hallelujah! Samsung is finally ditching the old Android Menu button

Search This thread

rsndetre

Mar 6, 2012
Hell no !

If Samsung will start ditching the current setup of buttons, I'll ditch Samsung. I am pissed with knox and bloatware as it is now. No need to annoy the users furthermore.

Having a tablet with onscreen navigation bar, I hate that particular aspect like no tomorrow. So much screen estate wasted for nothing.

jcasares

Dec 9, 2011
Buenos Aires
Too bad you'll probably deem this as an "invalid" response. Who gave you that power, anyway? :sly:
Yes, because you can also buy from Sony, LG or any other brand without hardware buttons, so you telling me to put with your preferences is the same as me asking you to put with mine (that I'm not doing as you have other options).

Who gave you the power to deem my choice invalid anyway? That's why we have choice and choice is good. The only thing I demand from OEM is they update the OS. After that they should target the market they see fit with the changes they see fit.

If you're that worried about buttons what you tell me of different apps, dialer, settings in each brand? That's also inconsistency. If you want to follow Google go get a Nexus and leave us with the phones we like.

Last edited:

willstay

May 7, 2011
Replacing menu with task switcher is very good move. I would love combo of capacitive home and physical home button. When screen is on, capacitive sensors over physical should be working. And when phone is locked, physically pressing home should wake the device. Having physical home gives one more convenient way to wake up phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why this good news i like the menu button
    I like the menu/back and the physical home button is one of the reasons i like them :)

each to there own and all that crap.
    Hardware menu button is logical and very intuitive. Instead of search and explore sometimes awkward interface, i can press menu button and get menu. Also, not every app looks good with always visible menu button. I'm using 3rd party dialer where only dial keyboard and call log/contacts are visible. Where to put menu button? Make whole bar just for this button? It's lame! And there are many other apps where on-screen menu button will look like 5th leg for dog.
    I like present Samsung button layout and would like to have it in the future phones.
    Yea, there's nothing wrong with that button. I like it!
    To bad I liked the button to

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app