Has anyone recently received a replacement from Asurion?

Search This thread

brandonair95

Feb 27, 2012
I'm thinking of sending my current MDK phone to Asurion for a replacement because of some scratches on the housing and screen but since the phone is about 7-8 months old I'm scared they'd send me an updated replacement :(

So I'd thought I'd try and ask here. Thanks for any replies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I'm thinking of sending my current MDK phone to Asurion for a replacement because of some scratches on the housing and screen but since the phone is about 7-8 months old I'm scared they'd send me an updated replacement :(

I'd just try to replace the screen. I'm almost positive you're going to get a locked down phone back from them. Or go on swappa and scoop another mdk s4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: brandonair95

AsurionCares

Sep 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
www.asurion.com
Asurion Claim - Which Phone Will I Get?

We'd be happy to answer that for you. The fastest way to get an answer is to file your claim online at www.phoneclaim.com. It only takes a few moments and you will know the device being offered before completing the claim. If you do not want what is being offered, you can chose to cancel the claim or speak to a representative to discuss any possible alternatives. Hope that helps! We are here if you need us.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

Reactions: joshm.1219

brandonair95

Feb 27, 2012
We'd be happy to answer that for you. The fastest way to get an answer is to file your claim online at www.phoneclaim.com. It only takes a few moments and you will know the device being offered before completing the claim. If you do not want what is being offered, you can chose to cancel the claim or speak to a representative to discuss any possible alternatives. Hope that helps! We are here if you need us.

Thanks!

www.phoneclaim.com

No thanks.

I'm just gonna stick with the phone I have now and maybe replace the screen till I upgrade. Thanks to everyone except the Asurion person.

joeyx2

Sep 30, 2010
No thanks.

I'm just gonna stick with the phone I have now and maybe replace the screen till I upgrade. Thanks to everyone except the Asurion person.

The way I read the asurion person is they will send you a s4. If you get it and its not what you want (mdk). Send it back and cancel. What have you got to lose.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
The way I read the asurion person is they will send you a s4. If you get it and its not what you want (mdk). Send it back and cancel. What have you got to lose.

Sounded like you'd know even before then... Like you'd know the fw it's on online once filling out the form?? Sounds too good to be true really. Hey you never know I suppose

joeyx2

Sep 30, 2010
I've had a problem with a phone before and had asurion send me another one but the sound wasn't good coming through the ear peace so I sent it back and used the old phone for another couple months before trying to get them to send me another one. I just broke my screen last night and are looking for ways to replace the screen without having to send for a replacement cause I'm also on mdk. This really sucks! :banghead: but I'm thinking I'd rather have a non busted screen over unlocked bootloader. :confused: :what:

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I've had a problem with a phone before and had asurion send me another one but the sound wasn't good coming through the ear peace so I sent it back and used the old phone for another couple months before trying to get them to send me another one. I just broke my screen last night and are looking for ways to replace the screen without having to send for a replacement cause I'm also on mdk. This really sucks! :banghead: but I'm thinking I'd rather have a non busted screen over unlocked bootloader. :confused: :what:

Yea I know that's a bummee huh? Look for another MDK one swappa.. Prices are coming down

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Yeah i have an MDK S4 on Swppa.com and there are a few more with MDK. The problem with getting someone to replace the glass is a lot of times they are just tempered glass not gorilla glass. Also, the heat needed to get the glue to release from the digitizer isn't good for the other components, so to do it right you need to take all of the components out. If the digitizer is also bad then you're looking at roughly $180-$220 to replace it and the glass.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Yeah i have an MDK S4 on Swppa.com and there are a few more with MDK. The problem with getting someone to replace the glass is a lot of times they are just tempered glass not gorilla glass. Also, the heat needed to get the glue to release from the digitizer isn't good for the other components, so to do it right you need to take all of the components out. If the digitizer is also bad then you're looking at roughly $180-$220 to replace it and the glass.

Even more off topic here but... What did you end up getting or are going to get since you're selling the S4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd just try to replace the screen. I'm almost positive you're going to get a locked down phone back from them. Or go on swappa and scoop another mdk s4.

OP - You will get an updated phone.
    If MDK is of value, you are now off the ranch and need to go have someone replace the screen for you.
    For the amount of the deductible ($100) someone can replace the screen.

http://www.a4c.com/product/samsung-galaxy-s4-replacement-glass-screen-w-tool-kit.html
    Asurion Claim - Which Phone Will I Get?

Thanks!

www.phoneclaim.com

Thanks!

www.phoneclaim.com

No thanks.