HTC One S Signal Fix?

Search This thread

Phenomin

Feb 8, 2014
www.cheapunlockcodes.com
I have an unlocked HTC One S that has major signal issues. When the phone boots, there's no service for a few minutes before it decides to actually kick in. WiFi and everything seemed to not work but after putting it into "Best Wi-Fi Performance" mode it seems have resolved. But the cellular signal drops constantly. I've read that this is quite the common issue with these phones and am wondering how they are so popular if this is the case. Regardless, has anyone discovered the reason for the issue or some sort of jimmy rig to fix this issue?

proudazzzm

Feb 11, 2013
I have an unlocked HTC One S that has major signal issues. When the phone boots, there's no service for a few minutes before it decides to actually kick in. WiFi and everything seemed to not work but after putting it into "Best Wi-Fi Performance" mode it seems have resolved. But the cellular signal drops constantly. I've read that this is quite the common issue with these phones and am wondering how they are so popular if this is the case. Regardless, has anyone discovered the reason for the issue or some sort of jimmy rig to fix this issue?

please mention your hboot , radio , Rom.

bary0n

Jan 24, 2012
I'm having a similar problem. Occasionally I get a signal strength of 2 billion dBm. (255 asu)

What seems to be alleviating a lot of it is a set of mods to build.prop.

ro.ril.fast.dormance.rule=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=1
ro.ril.hsupa.category=1
ro.ril.hsxpa=2

These settings are the absolute slowest possible, but they do seem to be improving the connection quality.

adiradu74

Nov 25, 2013
Same problem to me. I have a new S4 from 2 days, bought "refurbished" from aliexpress at a good price. It's new, looks great but signal and in call audio quality is weak.
Phone works good on "GSM only". If i set GSM/WCDMA, I lose signal and phone stops itself.
I started with stock 4.0.3, phone stops itself.
Updated to 4.0.4, phone doesn't stop but no signal with WCDMA enabled.
Then I unkocked, rooted and tried Miui V5 (4.1), same problems.
After installing Maximus HD, I had signal also with GSM/WCDMA, but immediately I installed newer firmware and signal was lost. (Works only on "GSM only").
Tried also Beanstalk, CM11, MagioRom, SourcE, Slim kat. No signal with GSM/WCDMA.

I don't know if works with Maximus with older firmware, or it was only a coincidence. Don't know what firmware was at that moment.

adiradu74

Nov 25, 2013
Went to a bigger city and 3g worked excellent.
Returned back to home, no signal with 3g enabled.
I guess my phone is weak at signal.