Phone's prompting me to take the ZVA update. What do I need to do before accepting?

Search This thread

ChrisFSU

Jan 7, 2012
I am rooted.
TWRP recovery.
Hotspot mod.

I'm guessing updating would put my phone in a boot loop, right? What do I need to do first? Turn off the root and flash a stock recovery? Is that good enough?

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I am rooted.
TWRP recovery.
Hotspot mod.

I'm guessing updating would put my phone in a boot loop, right? What do I need to do first? Turn off the root and flash a stock recovery? Is that good enough?

Yes, updating will boot loop. If you want the update then you may need to flash the stock ROM to get rid of the hotspot mod.
I have heard this update checks just about everything in the book.
But yes stock recovery, and no root for sure.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
I am rooted.
TWRP recovery.
Hotspot mod.

Wrong section don't ask questions in dev forms.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium

Reactions: Jocelyn

o0adam0o

Apr 6, 2007
I am rooted.
TWRP recovery.
Hotspot mod.

Im on the same boat but am gonna wait. Unless theres Spark in your area there not much point to do it. Theres lots of issues with the new ZVA update (on rooted and custom recovery phones) and im gonna wait for an easier fix than what is available. The current process is a bit too complicated and not worth it. Ill wait for a simple zip to flash or a totally custom ROM with ZVA already on it. But thats just me.

If you do it... update us on here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am rooted.
    TWRP recovery.
    Hotspot mod.

Wrong section don't ask questions in dev forms.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium