Originally Posted by bubu23
Who think that jellybean was more stable and fast and great then kitkat ????
The real question is not if JB was "greatest ever", the real question is if KK brings (much) more advantages than disadvantages.
- stable, extremely well tested
- no SD problem
- voice recorder
- I am on MI7 bootloader and I can install any stock Samsung 4.3 and still have Knox 0x0 and root
- unstable in many configurations
- new SD permisssions, many older programs have problems
- no voice recorder
- no coming back after the new bootloader
- there WILL be another KK release from Samsung to fix known problems
- only apparent advantage is better battery and somehow better latency (mostly in stock programs) - but on my 4.3 configuration I already have excellent battery (my record is 4 days and almost 10 hours of screen) and I am using programs like Apex launcher and exDialer that already have excellent latency in most of my normal tasks.
So for the moment I am staying with 4.3. and being very happy with it
Also an advantage of KK is the fact that there seems to be more free memory (which IMHO is just the video driver no longer reserving stuff in advance). But since I have most of the stuff that I do not use frozen in Titanium Backup I have plenty of memory for the moment (I am coming from an i9300 where you were basically getting less than 800MB in total, around 300MB free in stock-derived ROMs, so from under 300MB to 1000+ is kind of OK for my immediate needs