FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 08:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2014, 03:43 PM |#1161  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

Isn't this the same file as you posted in Post #1152?

Yep. I wasn't thinking. Just saw "at com.parrot.audiosettings.AudioSettingsApplication.createAudioFXManager(AudioSettingsApplication.java:83)". Which is part of the package. Have you checked /data/data/com.parrot.audiosettings if there are any mislinked files? Because there are no packages called, "AudioFXManager ". Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Ohhh... now that my mind is clearing up a little from waking up "com.parrot.asteroid.audio.effects.AudioFXManager.setAudioEffectsDefau ltsValues". This might be a class of /system/framework/com.parrot.asteroid.jar as noted in /etc/permissions/com.parrot.asteroid.xml file. Not sure if you want to try it but I've attached it.

BTW, have you considered downloading the PLF for the Asteroid Smart? Seems to me that it might benefit you the most if you a copy of the potential files that you can merge into the SCT.
Attached Files
File Type: jar com.parrot.asteroid.jar - [Click for QR Code] (278.6 KB, 12 views)
6th February 2014, 03:52 PM |#1162  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gebla

Gogole announced today that it will analyze traffic and will propose actively better routes in Google maps. Will the version supported on the SCT also get this function?

It depends on how Google implements it. If they implement it at the backend in their servers' navigation calculation algorithms then you should be able to use it on any version of Google Maps. If they add it as an updated class in Google Play Services for the location services then you'll need to install it. However, if they place a dependency on the actual Google Maps then the answer is "no". Since the SCT is on Gingerbread so 6.14.4 is the most current Maps.apk version compatible.

It is nice to know that they are making good use of the Waze company/service they recently acquired though.
6th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#1163  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

BTW, have you considered downloading the PLF for the Asteroid Smart? Seems to me that it might benefit you the most if you a copy of the potential files that you can merge into the SCT.

Yeah, I was just thinking about it. Downloading now. Do you know if there is a Unix plftool? All I found was the Windows version you linked to in the opening post.
6th February 2014, 03:58 PM |#1164  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, I was just thinking about it. Downloading now. Do you know if there is a Unix plftool? All I found was the Windows version you linked to in the opening post.

No. But, in the same link there is the source code to the project. It's a .net C# tool, so you should be able to cross compile with Monolith or some other cross-compiler. Though, some of the syntax might need to be changed.
6th February 2014, 11:22 PM |#1165  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
prevent switching off
would it be possible to prevent SCT to switch off? Reason is that starting up takes such a long time, especially with tasker and tomtom that I rather prevent it from switching off alltogether. The screen needs to power down, but in the backgroudn everything should keep running. It already does such for a couple of minutes, so I guess it should be possible. Cant find an app that would do that though. Idea's very welcome!
9th February 2014, 06:41 PM |#1166  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Prompt
Quote:

Yes, you edit /data/system/packages.xml, look for:

Code:
<shared-user name="com.parrot" userId="10005">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="1" />
</sigs>
And just change the index to "0":
Code:
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="0" />
</sigs>
Make sure not to add newlines using a brain dead Windows editor.
Then you rename the orignal com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk:
Code:
remount.sh system-rw
cd /system/app
mv com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk.bak
Now #reboot# and install the com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk that @donaldta provided.

I'm not too disappointed myself. With this new media player one of my biggest frustrations is gone. If I could only get it to accept all my 45.000 mp3 files, it would be close to perfect.

Ok, tried it, but didn't succeed sadly...

But I do have a different value in packages.xml

Code:

-<sigs count="1">
-<cert index="2"/>
Still I changed cert index to 0
Code:
-<shared-user name="com.parrot" userId="10005">
-<sigs count="1">
-<cert index="0"/>
Then I renamed the original com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk to .bak extension with ES file explorer, rebooted from android terminal, but it still didn't install. For convenience I attached the original packages.xml.
Attached Files
File Type: zip packages.zip - [Click for QR Code] (29.8 KB, 28 views)
9th February 2014, 07:20 PM |#1167  
OP Senior Member

More
It seems your SCT has certificates in another order. Could be because I am still on version 1.47.88.

From you packages.xml:

Code:
<package name="com.parrot.activesources" codePath="/data/app/com.parrot.activesources-1.apk" nativeLibraryPath="/data/data/com.parrot.activesources/lib" flags="0" ft="1432d043ca8" it="1432d0441b7" ut="1432d0441b7" version="1" userId="10071">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="1"
So you need to set the cert index to "1". Or delete the complete shared-user section for "com.parrot":

Code:
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="2" />
</sigs>
<perms>
<item name="android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD" />
<item name="android.permission.EXPAND_STATUS_BAR" />
<item name="android.permission.STATUS_BAR" />
<item name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
<item name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
</perms>
</shared-user>
9th February 2014, 07:48 PM |#1168  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It seems your SCT has certificates in another order. Could be because I am still on version 1.47.88.

It is possible that he never installed the com.parrot.activesources apk, so its cert isn't there.
9th February 2014, 08:31 PM |#1169  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

It is possible that he never installed the com.parrot.activesources apk, so its cert isn't there.

That is theoretical possible (the activesources apk was in his packages.xml), but since the Parrot certs always seem to have an index of 1 lower than the acu cert, I think they come preinstalled.
9th February 2014, 09:01 PM |#1170  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Thanks guys, for your quick responses and thoughts. I have the most recent version. So this could mean the solution is very dependent and could be different on each unit. I will try your suggestion. Meanwhile I restored the original packages.xml. Even though nothing seemed wrong, I thought I better be save then sorrow!
9th February 2014, 09:50 PM |#1171  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

So this could mean the solution is very dependent and could be different on each unit.

Yes, it seems the cert indexes changed between the firmware versions, or maybe their order differs per SCT device. But as your packages.xml shows, the correct cert index for you is "1". This should work for you. I also had to remove the package entry for com.parrot.mediaplayer from the packages.xml because the new apk does not match the old entry. Normally the entry is removed when an app is uninstalled, but that is not possible with system apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichieB Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)