[Q] Issue with rebooting custom ROMs

Search This thread

TheEdgeOfRage

Apr 28, 2012
Novi Sad
One or two weeks ago I flashed PAC 4.3 (coming from 4.3 leak) and it worked without a single error. Then after I rebooted my phone it just get's stuck on the bootanimation and I have to take out the battery, get into CWM, wipe dalvik-cache and cache and then it would work, although that means that my phone generates the dalvik cache at each boot, which consumes a lot of battery and last about 3 minutes, which is really annoying. I thought it's a problem with PAC so I flashed the latest CM11 nightly and get the same thing :(. I'm quite experienced with flashing custom ROMs and Kernels, so please don't go full noob explanation on me :).

Thanks in advance :good:

Update: After wiping data the phone reboots normally. Could it be an app causing it?

Last edited:

davidtkf88

Jul 10, 2013
Sibu
One or two weeks ago I flashed PAC 4.3 (coming from 4.3 leak) and it worked without a single error. Then after I rebooted my phone it just get's stuck on the bootanimation and I have to take out the battery, get into CWM, wipe dalvik-cache and cache and then it would work, although that means that my phone generates the dalvik cache at each boot, which consumes a lot of battery and last about 3 minutes, which is really annoying. I thought it's a problem with PAC so I flashed the latest CM11 nightly and get the same thing :(. I'm quite experienced with flashing custom ROMs and Kernels, so please don't go full noob explanation on me :).

Thanks in advance :good:

Update: After wiping data the phone reboots normally. Could it be an app causing it?

usually if phone stuck at boot animation, the main problem mostly cause by app data/cache, i my self encounter many same situation with other phone, samsung, htc, and after wiping cache and data, the problem gone..also, i notice if flash from stock to custom, or custom that based on stock then go to AOSP custom without wiping data, then most time phone will stuck at boot animation..but rarely i encounter stuck after wiping data (some folder wrongly placed in the zip file that cause the problem)