[Q] Flashing on TWRP

Search This thread

PinkPanther3719

Feb 9, 2014
I have a D801 (T-Mobile). I rooted it a while back. I'm a bit of a noob. Recently, I wanted to flash KitKat. To do that, I had to flash a custom recovery. I installed TWRP as that was the one my instructions gave me. However, I am unable to flash anything. I cannot flash kitkat, cwm, stock, etc. I need any and all suggestions to at least flash stock recovery though I would really prefer to flash cwm.

4NDR345

Oct 28, 2011
Germany
I have a D801 (T-Mobile). I rooted it a while back. I'm a bit of a noob. Recently, I wanted to flash KitKat. To do that, I had to flash a custom recovery. I installed TWRP as that was the one my instructions gave me. However, I am unable to flash anything. I cannot flash kitkat, cwm, stock, etc. I need any and all suggestions to at least flash stock recovery though I would really prefer to flash cwm.

Got same Problem. Cant factory reset with twrp or cwm recovery. When i tried it frezzes when i flash a custom Rom sometimes shows me an error sometimes not. It doesent install or wipe. When i reboot everything is like before. Using stock LG rooted ... So no love for custom Roms hmm

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PallyBud

May 4, 2013
Having a recovery that is up to date is key to flashing kitkat roms. I use Freegee. It's a free app in the Play Store. Once you install and run you'll have the option to install a recent twrp or cwm. You flash the recovery from the app, could not be easier. I recommend twrp 2.6.3.3 as I had issues with cwm 6.0.4.6 and it's also faster.
Make sure you're rooted before ;)

Reactions: polarzombies

PinkPanther3719

Feb 9, 2014
Returned to Stock

Having a recovery that is up to date is key to flashing kitkat roms. I use Freegee. It's a free app in the Play Store. Once you install and run you'll have the option to install a recent twrp or cwm. You flash the recovery from the app, could not be easier. I recommend twrp 2.6.3.3 as I had issues with cwm 6.0.4.6 and it's also faster.

I was rooted. Also, nothing seemed to recognize d801. They recognized the verizon, att, and the international but not t-mobile. I eventually just had to reinstall the stock rom as installing cwm over twrp froze my phone on the lg logo. Haven't gotten back around to rooting it again. When I do, I will definitely try that app.

polarzombies

Jan 14, 2013
Thank you

Thanks you for suggesting Freegee. I have been unable to flash anything for a while but after I downloaded Freegee and updated my version of TWRP I was able to flash the current version of PA.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.