[ROM] [VECTUS] GN2 [V0.6] 4.4.2 (02-09-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andygu3

Jun 18, 2010
Lewis Center, Ohio
I don't know if that will solve the problem but I haven't had any problems with the steps I take. I'm sure there's various ways but this is something I've done since those Hero days, hasn't failed me yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Arjohns

Nov 12, 2011
No, I boot back up, it then tries to call, then I get the message I mentioned, then Skip, Skip, then I set up the Gmail account, so you want me to wait a little before I sign in ??

Also is there away to get eh Samsung keyboard, I', use to the numbers on top of the keyboard

Since this is AOSP I doubt your going to ever get the Samsung keyboard working. As an alternative you could always try Kii keyboard. In the settings you can enable the number row on top.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJB628

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
Thanks for the info, I have another question, before I re install again for the 4th time, now I'm stuck on an app that has been installing for 30 minutes, and won't install other apps, and if I forceclose the Play app then my other apps won't install, any suggestions before I reflash.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Thanks for the info, I have another question, before I re install again for the 4th time, now I'm stuck on an app that has been installing for 30 minutes, and won't install other apps, and if I forceclose the Play app then my other apps won't install, any suggestions before I reflash.

What app?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
What app?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Swiftkey, I simply rebooted in Recovery, then restored my backup, then uninstalled SK, then did a full wip twice again, installed Rom, and restoring apps with Google again, lets see if they all install now. I wish there was a way to stop the installing app without having to do what I had to do.

I remember now what use to bothered about AOSP Roms, the sound is low, even with volume cranked up, but no biggie, mainly on speaker phone.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Swiftkey, I simply rebooted in Recovery, then restored my backup, then uninstalled SK, then did a full wip twice again, installed Rom, and restoring apps with Google again, lets see if they all install now. I wish there was a way to stop the installing app without having to do what I had to do.

I remember now what use to bothered about AOSP Roms, the sound is low, even with volume cranked up, but no biggie, mainly on speaker phone.

If you use plamsa kk for cm11 you can use stweaks to increase the sound volume. It does make a big difference.

Reactions: DJB628

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
If your sound is still low, you can edit the tiny_hw.xml file in "/system/etc/sound"
That will also enable you to turn up the earpiece volume if it's too low for you.

For the speaker just use stweaks and you are good to go.

I did install Stweaks, and looks like I have the speaker settings up all the way now, but did not notice a difference, is there anything else to adjust that I missed. I am also on KK Plasma Kernel.,

Also camera won't connect, any ideas ??

i will try this from a previous member and see if it resolves the issue, ( i uninstalled the camera 360 then booted into recovery then wiped cache and reboot then i installed camera 360 ultimate and the regular camera started to work )

^^ OK the above worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: VECTUS

VECTUS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 26, 2010
Kansas City, Mo.
xdaforums.com
So here is a new tester: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407570343

size

142.2MB
md5

b7cb3b885f03cc4a792272e60feda271

New Launcher which is Epic Launcher. Big thanks to Nikao.
Left the cm boot up so it will provision correctly.
Yahoo weather. Delete it if it F/C's. Then redownload.
Includes Plasma Kernel for 4.4.2. VERSION. Thanks to ffolkes! (download stweaks from the store).
Xtweaks removed. My own updtated/added
No need for gapps play store included
Full wipe

Let me know how the new launcher and tweaks go...

Last edited:

rallaster

Mar 9, 2008
Indy suburb
Any word on GPS functionality? I'm on Dirty Unicorns v6 right now and I'm not able to get GPS to connect. If GPS works, I may jump over here and give it a whirl, but I've got DU set up the way I like it so I'm hesitant to jump blind into this ROM.

johndillinger1932

Dec 12, 2012
Somerdale
Any word on GPS functionality? I'm on Dirty Unicorns v6 right now and I'm not able to get GPS to connect. If GPS works, I may jump over here and give it a whirl, but I've got DU set up the way I like it so I'm hesitant to jump blind into this ROM.

I'm on DU as well and I haven't had a GPS issue. I use the app Ingo for cashing checks via my Note 2 and the app will not work if GPS doesn't register a location. I'd check the DU thread on XDA and the G+ community for help on that

NERV HQ End Transmission

Reactions: VECTUS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I don't have a fancy Name folks... So GoogleNote2 (GN2) will suffice... This is just a little hobby rom I use. It's based on CM and designed to mimick the Nexus 5. So KISS is the word (keep it simple stupid). This rom is not fancy at all... It's vanilla actually. But thats for a reason... So YOU the user can add what you like and take away... Make it YOUR kitkat if you will... There's no fancy pics, no fancy graphics... It's just a rom...

What's in this (v0.6)....
    Yes I know it's v0.6, It should actually be v1.4, is that even more confusing?... Yep
    Based on CM, it has all CM parts. IE all issues CM has
    MANY tweaks. Foe example (naming a few and not all):
    Screen density 280
    Wifi Scan Interval 325
    Window Max Events 175
    Lots of init.d Tweaks (some not all):
    SD Card speed 7168
    Zipalign on Boot
    Battery Calibration
    Ziplaign Data
    This rom uses XTweaks found HERE (Plus my own and some of XTweaks adjusted for the N2)
    NO SMS/MMS app (download what you want or use Hangouts or may I suggest 8sms?)
    Moffice
    Sprint Voicemail
    Playstore
    Google Launcher
    SolCalendar
    Has N5 Alarms, Notifications, Ringtones, and Bootanimation

NOTE: I don't have an agreement with Google therefore I don't need to use Gapps (the playstore is included)

How to flash:
    First time installing to your Galaxy Note 2 (SPRn2) L900, or coming from another ROM:
    - If you use a recovery OTHER than CWM based. I can't help you.
    - Copy the rom ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - DO A CACHE WIPE
    - Flash the rom zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
    - Once you boot allow it to call Sprint
    - Hit 1
    - Hit end
    - Hit skip
    - Hit skip
    - set up your phone....

CyanogenMod for CM
    Samsung for the N2
    Google for android
    LG FOR THE N5
    DorianX for XTweaks
    gyrene2083

My own wallpapers HERE (just DL and unzip to your sdcard)

Source HERE

ROM:
    v0.6
    size: 287 MB
    md5: 5fe576f4d85c3a35bf00f2c81d8f5b8b

DOWNLOAD 1

DOWNLOAD 2

Tester 02-09-2014 HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    GN2 for the Sprint Note 2, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    VECTUS, gyrene2083
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Be on a Sprint Note 2 TW rom
    Based On: CyanogenMod, and Nexus 5 Aosp

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Note Yet

Created 2014-01-25
    Last Updated 2014-02-09
    I would assume this rom is awesome! :eek:
    So here is a new tester: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407570343

size

142.2MB
    md5

b7cb3b885f03cc4a792272e60feda271

New Launcher which is Epic Launcher. Big thanks to Nikao.
    Left the cm boot up so it will provision correctly.
    Yahoo weather. Delete it if it F/C's. Then redownload.
    Includes Plasma Kernel for 4.4.2. VERSION. Thanks to ffolkes! (download stweaks from the store).
    Xtweaks removed. My own updtated/added
    No need for gapps play store included
    Full wipe

Let me know how the new launcher and tweaks go...

Thanks everyine for the kind reviews! I haven't forgotten the rom, just been testing a few more things (to include a different launcher and lockscreen). Hopefully I will have an update out within the week.:good:
    Nice !

Thanks for making a plain Nexus like rom I may just have to try this out !