HTC One XL won't charge or turn on, no blinking light.

Search This thread

HollowLeon

Nov 10, 2011
The thing is I've had these phone for months now, everything works fine. But last night I left the battery died for about an hour and when I tried to charge it, there's no sign of charging at all. I left it overnight but to no avail. Can anyone help me?:crying:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have you tried holding the power button down?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

You haven't provided anywhere near enough information by the way. Provide your bootloader details, ROM, kernel, recovery version, anything else that's relevant.

Sent from my Evita

masok

Jun 5, 2012
I know, but that is better than anything. I mean, these steps would be something to try when you're absolutely out of ideas, and you don't have warranty.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
No it isn't better than anything, it's the worst possible thing you could do no matter what the situation. Nothing good can come of it. If you want to be responsible for a phone that can truly only be recovered via jtag that's up to you, but I'll do my best to warn people that's it's an awful idea, as would any other experienced person.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: redpoint73

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
A couple of things that you can try if you haven't yet.
Power + Volume Up

This is not a good idea (as timmaaa already stated) and not good advice.

Not sure who gave you this advice (or if you just made it up, or read it on a forum for another device), but its wrong and should not be performed or recommended to others.

Its not "better than anything" (think you mean "better than nothing") as it can potentially put the OP in a worse position than he already is.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

The thing is I've had these phone for months now, everything works fine. But last night I left the battery died for about an hour and when I tried to charge it, there's no sign of charging at all. I left it overnight but to no avail. Can anyone help me?:crying:

Make sure you use the wall charger, and not connected to a computer by USB. You can try messing with holding the power button, and/or power+vol down. Also try these button combos while the phone is connected to the charger. At least one user on here inexplicably got his seeming dead HOX going that way, when nothing else seemed to work.

Reactions: Heisenberg

masok

Jun 5, 2012
Actually I read about that on a different forum, I think it was on androidcentral.
There a guy saying that he got his One X back to life using that combo, and didn't mention anything about it going into Qualcomm download mode.
Didn't think it was such a bad thing to do because I just read that guy's experience.
I will delete that suggestion from my post.
Thanks for the info

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Actually I read about that on a different forum, I think it was on androidcentral.
There a guy saying that he got his One X back to life using that combo, and didn't mention anything about it going into Qualcomm download mode.
Didn't think it was such a bad thing to do because I just read that guy's experience.
I will delete that suggestion from my post.
Thanks for the info

Understand that Qualcomm download mode wipes the OS and render the phone unbootable (except to hboot and recovery, if available).

If you did not know what the button combo does, don't recommend it. Simple.

HollowLeon

Nov 10, 2011
Thanks for all your replies, the only solution I found is I SMACKED (yeah you just read that right) the phone really hard and the red blinking light came on! Thank God, I thought of buying new ones, turns out didn't have to.

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for all your replies, the only solution I found is I SMACKED (yeah you just read that right) the phone really hard and the red blinking light came on! Thank God, I thought of buying new ones, turns out didn't have to.

Odd. Now I wouldn't recommend anyone else follow this "fix".

Suffice it to say, don't let your battery level drop until the device shuts off, when at all possible. There are safeguards to prevent it from dropping too low to take a charge, but these are not always failsafe. My thought is something like that happened in your case. Why "smacking" the phone fixed it, I have no idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You shouldn't ever suggest anyone use the power + volume up button combo, that deliberately puts the phone into Qualcomm download mode.

Sent from my Evita
    No it isn't better than anything, it's the worst possible thing you could do no matter what the situation. Nothing good can come of it. If you want to be responsible for a phone that can truly only be recovered via jtag that's up to you, but I'll do my best to warn people that's it's an awful idea, as would any other experienced person.

Sent from my Evita
    A couple of things that you can try if you haven't yet.
    Power + Volume Up

This is not a good idea (as timmaaa already stated) and not good advice.

Not sure who gave you this advice (or if you just made it up, or read it on a forum for another device), but its wrong and should not be performed or recommended to others.

Its not "better than anything" (think you mean "better than nothing") as it can potentially put the OP in a worse position than he already is.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Make sure you use the wall charger, and not connected to a computer by USB. You can try messing with holding the power button, and/or power+vol down. Also try these button combos while the phone is connected to the charger. At least one user on here inexplicably got his seeming dead HOX going that way, when nothing else seemed to work.