Originally Posted by syafix21
Hello, I'm a N8000 user. I'm facing a problem with my charging issue where my tab take a long time to charge and it takes 10 hours to get from 0-60 %. FYI, I'm using a custom rom CM 10.2. What is the main cause with the charging issue? Does it related with charging port, battery or charger itself? please help me. I'm stuck now.
Many similar thread already here & also the solutions.
But let me answer anyway.
Charging problem occurs because of one or more things:
- Broken Cable
- Broken Charger
- Incompatible Cable
- Incompatible Charger
- Broken Outlet
- Broken Charging Port
- Broken Battery
To properly charging a N80XX we need a charger & cable that can deliver 2.1A, 5V of electrical current & voltage.
The factory default/initial charger & cable designed to deliver these requirements.
Using custom/cheap cable or cable extension can cause charging problem as it wasn't designed to deliver the required current & voltage.
Most custom cables & chargers on the market designed only to deliver 500mA(0.5A) - 1A, 5V.
Broken cable/charger can also cause it to fail in delivering 2.1A, 5V to the device.
Try another original cable/charger combination to test if one of them or both are broken.
Also try another electrical wall outlet to see if the outlet is the culprit.
For Broken Charging Port, you can change it yourself by buying the spare part & replace the broken one, but it requires high technical skills.
One mistake can cause you to ditch your device.
It's safer if you send it to a qualified/authorized service center or if it's still under warranty you can send it back to samsung.
The last possibility is extremely rare.
Broken Battery symptoms are usually different than your problem symptoms.
If the battery is broken, usually the battery life is shorter than usual and may be won't charge at all or charging time is very short.
But if this is your problem, you can't sent it back to samsung - unless the battery is factory damaged -, as you need to change the internal battery.
Try to find out which one is your real problem & fix it
2.1A is producing heat so much that hurt your skin if you touch the metal part of the cable heads directly right after a long period of charging.
The heat it produce is much more intense than if you are using 500mA or 1A charger.
Poorly designed custom cable/charger can be melted by the heat & may cause explosion!!
...and.....ALWAYS SEARCH BEFORE ASKING!!
I hope this will help