[Q] Reverting from CyanogenMOD back to stock touchwiz?

Search This thread

UEGVIRUSXO

Feb 11, 2014
So, not TOO long ago I used the CyanogenMOD installer app to put CyanogenMOD on my Galaxy S4(Sprint).
I've searched all over the place, perhaps I'm just not looking in the right direction.. Now I'm turning to you guys.
While I like CyanogenMOD I really don't feel as if all of the features you give up with stock TouchWIZ is worth it.
I would love to be pointed in the direction on how to revert back to pure stock.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Try reinstalling the drivers. There isn't suppose to be anything but tar files for Odin. Like there aren't suppose to be anything but zip files for recoveries.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

UEGVIRUSXO

Feb 11, 2014
Try reinstalling the drivers. There isn't suppose to be anything but tar files for Odin. Like there aren't suppose to be anything but zip files for recoveries.

Would I be able to do this in Clockwork Recovery? Flashing with ODIN always leaves me with a FAILED since I moved over to Cyanogenmod.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Would I be able to do this in Clockwork Recovery? Flashing with ODIN always leaves me with a FAILED since I moved over to Cyanogenmod.

On Odin are you trying to use MF9 or MDL or MDC while it is failing. I think you are trying to Odin an4.2 tar when you were on 4.3 previously which is impossible.

Reactions: UEGVIRUSXO

UEGVIRUSXO

Feb 11, 2014
On Odin are you trying to use MF9 or MDL or MDC while it is failing. I think you are trying to Odin an4.2 tar when you were on 4.3 previously which is impossible.

Yes, I did OTA the 4.3 update, and yes I was trying to use a 4.2 ROM. If I'm understanding what you're trying to convey correctly.
Right now I'm downloading this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567353
I shouldn't have any issues in this scenario right? I'm on sprint if that matters at all.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Well there your problem lol. You will be fine flashing that ROM, but didnt you say you wanted to go back to complete stock as in no root? You would need to Odin the MK2 tar to archive that.

Reactions: UEGVIRUSXO

UEGVIRUSXO

Feb 11, 2014
Well there your problem lol. You will be fine flashing that ROM, but didnt you say you wanted to go back to complete stock as in no root? You would need to Odin the MK2 tar to archive that.

Yeah, it has the MK2 file in the posting, so I should be all set from there on out, right?

Top Liked Posts