Opening a new thread question!

Search This thread

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I have never opened a thread before as I'm a user. Say I found a mod on XDA from a different model of a HTC phone/different carrier an the thread is like 2 years old. As I tried this on 4.4.2 vzw an it did work. Can I open a thread under vzw thread so other vzw user can see how? If I can do I just open a thread with the url to the older thread stated above. Or can I open a thread an make sure to post where I got this an that I deserve zero credit? If someone could reply it would be cool as it is very useful..

sent from my JAVA CARD S-OFF FAUX HBOOT BLUE HTC ONE using the XDA premium app.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Just make the thread in general and put in parentheses what it is eg. mod, info, etc. Since you're just linking to something I wouldn't do it in development.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigerstown

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Just make the thread in general and put in parentheses what it is eg. mod, info, etc. Since you're just linking to something I wouldn't do it in development.

It is a code edit that is useful for people on any of santods full stock Roms. If I just link the old thread it has directions for AT&T HTC phone or is it alright if I reword them so it makes sense to vzw users? I'm only asking cause I see how it isn't kind to just take credit for what someone else shared somewhere else on XDA. I appreciate you responding.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Yeah just start a thread in general. That isn't really a dev thing. Make sure to link back to the original op and have credits to the original creator. If you're really concerned shoot him a pm and ask if he's cool with it.

Reactions: Tigerstown

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Ok I'm clear on now what to do. As I agree it's not a dev thing. I'm going to post it in general. Just wondering I see a bunch of mods/edits in apps an themes. Do people open threads there if they create it them selfs. I have no more questions after these lol.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I suppose you could put it there. The mods will move it where they think it should be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah just start a thread in general. That isn't really a dev thing. Make sure to link back to the original op and have credits to the original creator. If you're really concerned shoot him a pm and ask if he's cool with it.