Bad sound quality on 4.4 custom Roms

Search This thread

zacharias99

Jan 24, 2014
Heraklion
Hallo,

I would like to make a simple question...
Tried 2 custom 4.4 Roms on my LG G2 (droidkangs and mahdis) and in both versions I noticed the same problem...
The speaker sound (even though loud) is of VERY bad quality when playing deeper sounds like basses!
In stock Roms the sound (same MP3) is crystallclear... Tried many settings in DSP manager... Tried almost everything I found in iNet, but I am going back to stock based Roms as on max volume its like my speaker is broken :/ (when I use headphones or BT headset I don't have that issue)

Could any1 please tell me what the reason for this problem is?? Is it normal that the sound quality from speaker is so much worse than the stock versions??
And can this be fixed?

Please, if some1 knows the answer just give me the info as I rly don't want to go back to stock Rom :/

Thank you!

B

bachera

CyanogenMod the sound is pretty low, on Mahdi's pretty high. Try equalizer settings on those ROMs. It might require a tweak to your liking.

Sent from my g2 using xda app-developers app

KapteinKing

Nov 14, 2010
Arendal
Same here. Running CM11 and speaker quility cracks up when it gets loud. I tried messing with Viper, but alas, no improvement. Don't think there's a fix yet though..

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

B

bachera

Same here. Running CM11 and speaker quility cracks up when it gets loud. I tried messing with Viper, but alas, no improvement. Don't think there's a fix yet though..

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try mahdi its pretty good. At least the one before today is.

Sent from my g2 using xda app-developers app

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
i never use the speaker because i thought it was terrible to begin with but i just tested it out and and mine does not get very loud but i use headphones 99.999.9999999999999 percent of the time but it is definately a bug but other than this bug i really havent had anyother problems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo,

I would like to make a simple question...
    Tried 2 custom 4.4 Roms on my LG G2 (droidkangs and mahdis) and in both versions I noticed the same problem...
    The speaker sound (even though loud) is of VERY bad quality when playing deeper sounds like basses!
    In stock Roms the sound (same MP3) is crystallclear... Tried many settings in DSP manager... Tried almost everything I found in iNet, but I am going back to stock based Roms as on max volume its like my speaker is broken :/ (when I use headphones or BT headset I don't have that issue)

Could any1 please tell me what the reason for this problem is?? Is it normal that the sound quality from speaker is so much worse than the stock versions??
    And can this be fixed?

Please, if some1 knows the answer just give me the info as I rly don't want to go back to stock Rom :/

Thank you!