need your opinion please

Search This thread
E

egomez7737

I recently bought a Gs4 on verizon running the latest 4.3 mk2 software and I hate touchwiz. Its just so packed with useless stuff that makes the phone slow. Since I cannot install a custom recovery on this phone I was thinking of trading it for an lg g2 and wiping the os and installing kit kat on it from cyanogen mod. What do you guys think should I do the trade?

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
I recently bought a Gs4 on verizon running the latest 4.3 mk2 software and I hate touchwiz. Its just so packed with useless stuff that makes the phone slow. Since I cannot install a custom recovery on this phone I was thinking of trading it for an lg g2 and wiping the os and installing kit kat on it from cyanogen mod. What do you guys think should I do the trade?

You'll have to define "slow." My S4 on the stock unrooted ROM was not what I'd consider to be slow. Rooted on Hyperdrive, it is not slow. I had a Blackberry Storm. That was slow.

KitKat is scheduled to be released this month or next for this phone. I would imagine that our devs will have custom ROMS fairly quickly afterward, if there's not a leak released before.

You might be better posting your question in the G2 forum. You'll probably find more people there with experience on both phones.

charliepan69

Oct 29, 2013
Philadelphia
There are a lot of nice ROMS for safestrap users... I'm on MK2 ..currently running foxhound diamond dogs and eclipse. Both are pretty close to a aosp experience ( I also despise touchwiz)

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
I would keep my S4. LG sucks. The LG g2 looks nice but I'm sure there isn't much development for that device. Pretty soon I'm sure someone will figure out how to flash aosp roms. I remember running safestrap when I had the DROID RAZR and devs made aosp roms compatible with safestrap

Sent from my Beastly powered S4 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I would keep my S4. LG sucks. The LG g2 looks nice but I'm sure there isn't much development for that device. Pretty soon I'm sure someone will figure out how to flash aosp roms. I remember running safestrap when I had the DROID RAZR and devs made aosp roms compatible with safestrap

I'm with you there... I had the RAZR too. I've thought about the g2 a few times as well and just couldn't do it. By the sounds of it kexec for SafeStrap may be close to coming out and that would change everything. There were a ton of aosp ROMs for the razr I'm sure the s4 will have even more. I couldn't wait myself that's why I just got rid of the mj7 s4.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Reactions: holla420

ammjr71

Dec 20, 2013
Webster, NY
Touchwiz does suck

Just throw a different launcher on it. I'm running Apex pro. It's quick... usually have between 700 and 800 megs free memory. Not exactly what I'd call a slow phone. I looked at getting the G2 when I got this S4. Very happy with the choice.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Another good point. I use Nova on any an all ROMs I use. I'd say apex an Nova would be the two to choose from in my opinion

R

richii0207

S4 slow? You must've been using Nova, apex, or whatever launcher people use nowadays. My stock unrooted is screaming fast...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

R

richii0207

Nova launcher flies. Faster than stock I think many would agree

No way, there's a huge delay in touch response when tapping an icon. I guess I'm one of the only ones who can notice that. I even bought the prime version a while back and don't use it because I can't stand the lag.

Last edited:

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
No way, there's a huge delay in touch response when tapping an icon. I guess I'm one of the only ones who can notice that. I even bought the prime version a while back and don't use it because I can't stand the lag.

I do not experience that with nova. Although I'll agree stock launcher is faster just because it was optimized for the phone, especially with animations off, but nova is plenty fast and worth having real control over the lajncher

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Well I really think it depends on the ROM... and the settings etc. As well.

I'm running Liquid Smooth with Nova right now. and I have no delay at all with touch response and it was so fast I ended up slowing things down a little so I could enjoy the animations from xuimod as well.

Like I said it depends if u ask me.

Shiwoonie

Feb 6, 2014
You must have too much apps running, hold down on the home button for like 3 second and then let go. Close all of the apps you don't need by swiping them to the side. Then see how fast your s4 is. I had my s4 for at least 3 month now, still as fast as out the box (until i rooted and flashed it, now it's even faster with greenify).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm with you there... I had the RAZR too. I've thought about the g2 a few times as well and just couldn't do it. By the sounds of it kexec for SafeStrap may be close to coming out and that would change everything. There were a ton of aosp ROMs for the razr I'm sure the s4 will have even more. I couldn't wait myself that's why I just got rid of the mj7 s4.